Polished Bliss®: MK II Golf GTi...

Take good care of her
tuscan_thunder

Re: Polished Bliss®: MK II Golf GTi...

Post by tuscan_thunder » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:36 pm

gorrie wrote:How does the heat gun thing manage to achieve that on the plastic bumper?
How does that work? Does the heat draw some chemicals out to the surface or something???
(excuse my ignorance).
Essentially, it draws oils from within the plastic and rejuvinates the finish - it's best not done too often and best left to plastics which have really faded (like these had). If you try it yourself, take care not to melt the plastic or heat the nearby paint too much.

We used Swissvax Plastic Wash after heating the bumper http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog ... -wash.html and were amazed at what it drew out of the plastic. It would've been possible to have left the bumper as was after using this product, the finish was that good. (It was dressed afterwards though to give longevity and protection to the plastic)

It's not cheap but it's very concentrated and really is a case of you get what you pay for.

:)
Mair throttle, less brake

boynerT72

Post by boynerT72 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:48 am

Seeing how this is my car i just thought i would give a wee update on things..

The car is currently off the road undergoing a small engine transplant, the original 8v engine was blowing a tiny bit and it was rather gutless, so out with old and in with the new.. I have a 2.0TFSI out of a mk5 which is going in, along with the 6 speed box, quaiffe diff and few other bits and pieces... Hoping to have the whole thing finished by the middle / end of June then use it as a daily for the summer months.. Once it's mapped etc it shouldn't be too far away from 300bhp and it weighs about the same as the exige so it should be fairly fleet!

here it is with the 5 stud rear axle conversion, going to do the same at the front so i can use VR6 brakes and driveshafts for the engine conversion..

Cheers

Boyner

ChrisG

Post by ChrisG » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:20 pm

Looks great.

If you hear of any nice, late mk2 GTi's give me a shout!!

boynerT72

Post by boynerT72 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Cheers, i will do... It seems it's getting harder to find a genuinely clean mk2 now... Understandable seeing how they are 20+ years old now..