Harewood

Forum for discussing motorsport events & participation
fd

Harewood

Post by fd » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:03 am

Beginning of August is a traditional cross border raid to Yorkshire to take the honours from t'whippet owners . . .

Took 0.6 off my PB, 4th Fastest Time of the Day on Saturday, 7th on Sunday against what should have been much faster cars . . . if only I'd made a better start . . . would have been 4th FTD both days . . . lots of carbon fibre scalps taken . . .

Doune next . . some serious targets set if it's dry . . .

Watch on YouTube

Watch the harness strap ends under braking . . .

Fd

flyingscot68

Re: Harewood

Post by flyingscot68 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:42 am

That looks like fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daveb

Post by Daveb » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:15 am

You'd be faster going down the hill.

fd

Post by fd » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:49 am

hill climb
noun
1. a racing event for motorcycles or automobiles in which competitors drive up a hilly course one at a time, the winner having the fastest time.

It's a nice wee hill, not quite as intimidating as Doune (nor anything like as fast - only 100mph+ once whereas Doune is 100+ 3 times for me) but surprisingly technical and the club events have a good selection of more normal cars (Elises and the like) . . . if you go, the last corner is the crux . . . I run my car with minimum wings here as straight line speed is more important than grip, starkly different from Doune where you need the grip on the fast corners and all your engine power is going to making downforce . . .

campbell

Post by campbell » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:04 pm

Pass this frequently. En route to/from cracking drive through the Dales via Hawes. Lawrence spoke of it, I'm assuming he competed there.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy