Utility Supplier

Anything goes in here.....
j2 lot

Re: Utility Supplier

Post by j2 lot » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:59 pm

You're right Tut We are with Co-op but they kept it all branded as GB -including the web site so I naturally think it is still the same :roll:
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:23 pm

How the hell are they allowed to go bust, close my account, five months later get a debt collector to phone me to say I owe them £450, then carry on with the same web site?

Only satisfaction is I just checked and the low lifes have quoted me 16.3p/unit. Hope that you are paying a lot less, if not check with Mike's and mine.

tut

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Our move from GB Energy to Co-op was all but invisible, a couple of e-mails from them to confirm the behind the scenes switch and it carried on as before.
Our new rate is 12.4p for leccy & 2.4p for Gas. Against 9.4 & 2.6 our previous tarif & 12.1 & 2.4 on the cheaper comparison quote :thumbsup
New daily changes at 19.5p &14.5p.
2015 Lotus Evora

tenkfeet

Post by tenkfeet » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:44 pm

Co-op took over and honoured the super cheap deal until May this year which was good for my Mum and I. Only accurate comparison site was Martin Lewis one with actual cost selected plus you get £30 cashback. All the other said I would save but its more expensive??????

After the GB experience I always run a debt on my accounts. Just massage the figures lower when using a comparison site. Eon and EDF worked out cheapest for me.
No lotus
Exige Sport 350 (Sold)
Elise Cup 250 (Air con and radio tubby spec) (Sold)
Evora S (sold)

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:14 pm

Just in case anyone moved to extra energy, I got an email from them a week back saying that you are changing my tariff (as mine was not fixed down when I switched as it was the cheapest option) and that I would be an extra £700/year. They could swap me across to their other fixed tariff which would only be an extra £500/year.

So decided to vote with my feet and now swapping over to Npower.

George
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:17 pm

Also noticed a sneaky thing with GB Energy/Cooperative Energy.

I looked at my account when I switched and was £100 in credit, looked last week and noticed that my balance was now £0, so had assumed that they had credited the money into my account. Had a quick look at the online banking and noticed that nothing had gone in !!!

Quick phone call and they will transfer the money over the next 5-10 working days. Asked the agent if its standard policy to refund automatically and he confirmed it was not the case. Can imagine they are making a killing with people checking their account a couple of weeks after a switch and the balance showing zero.

George
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Opposite for me George, they would never take enough out and kept lowering my DD so ended up owing £440 when they went bust.

Ignored the e-mails from Co-op but then a collection company phoned a couple of times so could not take a chance of it affecting my Credit Rating so payed it.

tut

r10crw

Post by r10crw » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:52 pm

Ive been with Scottish Power and reasonably happy until the fixed tariff ended and Electric went from 13 to 17. In the process of getting a new rate Ive been on hold for hours and literally had enough. Used the call back service, said the call back would be 2 hours 35 mins. Actually was 3 hours 10 and then they put me on hold for 20 mins! They tell me they can save me money but when I want the actual values they play dumb. Why doesnt the government force clarity?

So Ive used the comparison websites and cant get anything close to 12 pence for electic and gas is around 3 pence. I guess Im not massaging the numbers correctly? I refuse to go direct debit after they "lost" money in the past so is this held against me? Or can someone recommend from recent experience?

c
Hairdresser at heart.

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:20 pm

I have just gone with Economy Energy Craig. However I went through MoneySupermarket as they have a special deal with them, direct on site is more expensive. Checked reviews first which were fine, phoned Customer Services twice with questions to check out response and answered within two mins and knew what they were talking about. Everything is done for you so painless changeover.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva= ... 4c102d85fd

Electricity is 12.79 per unit, standing daily charge 14p. Nowhere else near that price except with Iresa which Martin Lewis warned off.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva= ... 48dbbf1526

tut

kerryxeg

Post by kerryxeg » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:24 pm

I Changed from GB Energy to Extra energy in July because my fixed rate was coming to an end and the new rate was 50% higher. Extra energy had a higher daily charge but was only 10p/unit, so looked like a good deal. 1month after changing Extra energy informed me they were increasing the variable unit rate to 17p/unit. So I have changed again to Tonik, this time on a fixed 12 month rate.

The long an the short of it is that the energy wholesale price has gone up significantly 15 -17p/unit seems about the best and watch the standing charge. The energy companies do seem to take advantage of variable rate customers so if you don't want to switch regularly some form of fixed deal is probably best.

The other learning is the account close out mess. You have to supply a final reading to both old and new suppliers, who then go through a sequence of passing this info back and forward until they agree the change over point. Seems really stupid, but even though GB and extra were given the same number within 5 minutes of each other GB managed to provide a reading to extra energy which was 2000 units out. So no account close out and no credit refund......yet.

kerryxeg

Post by kerryxeg » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:25 pm

tut wrote:I have just gone with Economy Energy Craig. However I went through MoneySupermarket as they have a special deal with them, direct on site is more expensive. Checked reviews first which were fine, phoned Customer Services twice with questions to check out response and answered within two mins and knew what they were talking about. Everything is done for you so painless changeover.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva= ... 4c102d85fd

Electricity is 12.79 per unit, standing daily charge 14p. Nowhere else near that price except with Iresa which Martin Lewis warned off.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva= ... 48dbbf1526

tut

Thats about as good a deal as I've seen. Is it fixed for a period?

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:28 pm

Eon did exactly the same thing with playing dumb and I was on hold for 30 mins before I was finally put through to some spotty faced youth who was on day release. Had no idea at all of what he was talking about, just read from a sheet and when he finally found a figure it was 17.4p/unit, up from 10.4p

I am always politeness itself with staff on the phone and I almost always get good results, but he would not put me through to the organ grinder and almost got rude, so that was the end of his day.

tut

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:39 pm

One year fixed Kerry, better than variable as it is unlikely to go down and they can not change the rate. Eon also screwed up my change over readings with GB Energy, never for the better of course, but will sort that out after the changeover as I am in credit thanks to the new GSHP fitted in Feb.

I have my own metering system in Mission Control so know exactly what I am using and what the meter readings are, so they had better not try anything on with re-crediting to my Account.

I actually did the change over on the phone rather than online after MS had set it up and passed everything on, as the Welsh lassy was so pleasant to speak to and knew what she was talking about. Saying that they will probably go bust next month but I would suggest that you give them a try as I have done the leg work having time on my hands compared to you workers.

tut

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:26 pm

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:13 pm

r10crw wrote:Ive been with Scottish Power and reasonably happy until the fixed tariff ended and Electric went from 13 to 17. In the process of getting a new rate Ive been on hold for hours and literally had enough. Used the call back service, said the call back would be 2 hours 35 mins. Actually was 3 hours 10 and then they put me on hold for 20 mins! They tell me they can save me money but when I want the actual values they play dumb. Why doesnt the government force clarity?

So Ive used the comparison websites and cant get anything close to 12 pence for electic and gas is around 3 pence. I guess Im not massaging the numbers correctly? I refuse to go direct debit after they "lost" money in the past so is this held against me? Or can someone recommend from recent experience?

c
Scottish Power have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I had problem with the supply but when I had to deal with them following a family bereavement they royally screwed up over an 11 months period and were virtually uncontacta le unless you could sit on the phone for literally hours. I eventually got an Ombudsman ruling in my favour but there is still a raw nerve whenever I heard the words Scottish Power. :twisted:
2015 Lotus Evora