NC500

Anything goes in here.....
Evoman

NC500

Post by Evoman » Sat May 20, 2017 11:00 am

I just got back last week after a trip round the NC500. I was in a dilemma whether to take the Exige or not although that was the original plan, me and my brother travelling on a cool trip together, him in his Eunos RS and me in the Exige. Dilemma because although running well it wasn't quite 100 percent with slightly high idle at times. My decision was made for me when only my brothers bags fitted in his boot.

I wouldn't have missed the experience for the world. It was absolutely epic. What an experience. My brother was blown away by the scenery (he stays in Surrey now) and we fluked the weather with sun everyday.

We went on the advice of the forum experience with a route up the West coast and across to Tongue then cut down from there back to Inverness then via Dores to Fort Augustus and through Glen Coe back to Stirling.

We had so many roads to ourselves including the Bealach Na Ba before dinner at the Applecross Inn. How good is the food served there...! Very impressed. I was also blown away by the Exige. Those guys at Lotus set that car up brilliantly for the road. The RS was just in its element. My brother was smiling all the way. Very capable little machine that. Sure a bit more grunt would be nice on the hills but is it really needed? The balance of the machine is great.

On return I swapped the throttle potentiometer for a new one going on my gut that it was affecting fuelling and idle. One test drive later and I am grinning like a Cheshire cat. Crisper throttle, idle spot on and very well behaved in slow town driving and the way it pulls is just brilliant.

I'm going to struggle to not use this little firecracker. Another trip beckons... 8)

delands

Re: NC500

Post by delands » Sat May 20, 2017 11:57 am

Am on it 5th August onwards.. looking forward to it!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
DEL

2020 Lotus Elise - Rob Walker Heritage Edition
2022 Hyundia i10 N-Line (on order)
2019 DS3 Crossback

campbell

Post by campbell » Sat May 20, 2017 12:03 pm

delands wrote:Am on it 5th August onwards.. looking forward to it!

Argh. Will be RAMMED with tourists :-/

Enjoy though!
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

delands

Post by delands » Sat May 20, 2017 12:10 pm

Yeah.. never mind.. only time we can fit it in.

DEL

2019 DS3 Crossback

delands

Post by delands » Sat May 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Am hoping that everybody thinks out will be busy so they don't turn up.. hence it will be quiet for us!
DEL

2019 DS3 Crossback

ChrisG

Post by ChrisG » Sat May 20, 2017 6:24 pm

were you in a powder blue coloured V6?

I did the route last weekend in my bike (Triumph Thruxton) and flashed at the Exige!
Evoman wrote:I just got back last week after a trip round the NC500. I was in a dilemma whether to take the Exige or not although that was the original plan, me and my brother travelling on a cool trip together, him in his Eunos RS and me in the Exige. Dilemma because although running well it wasn't quite 100 percent with slightly high idle at times. My decision was made for me when only my brothers bags fitted in his boot.

I wouldn't have missed the experience for the world. It was absolutely epic. What an experience. My brother was blown away by the scenery (he stays in Surrey now) and we fluked the weather with sun everyday.

We went on the advice of the forum experience with a route up the West coast and across to Tongue then cut down from there back to Inverness then via Dores to Fort Augustus and through Glen Coe back to Stirling.

We had so many roads to ourselves including the Bealach Na Ba before dinner at the Applecross Inn. How good is the food served there...! Very impressed. I was also blown away by the Exige. Those guys at Lotus set that car up brilliantly for the road. The RS was just in its element. My brother was smiling all the way. Very capable little machine that. Sure a bit more grunt would be nice on the hills but is it really needed? The balance of the machine is great.

On return I swapped the throttle potentiometer for a new one going on my gut that it was affecting fuelling and idle. One test drive later and I am grinning like a Cheshire cat. Crisper throttle, idle spot on and very well behaved in slow town driving and the way it pulls is just brilliant.

I'm going to struggle to not use this little firecracker. Another trip beckons... 8)

Evoman

Post by Evoman » Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 pm

ChrisG wrote:were you in a powder blue coloured V6?

I did the route last weekend in my bike (Triumph Thruxton) and flashed at the Exige!
Evoman wrote:I just got back last week after a trip round the NC500. I was in a dilemma whether to take the Exige or not although that was the original plan, me and my brother travelling on a cool trip together, him in his Eunos RS and me in the Exige. Dilemma because although running well it wasn't quite 100 percent with slightly high idle at times. My decision was made for me when only my brothers bags fitted in his boot.

Hi Chris, no I was in a Silver S1.

Hi Chris, no I was in a Silver S1

Evoman

Post by Evoman » Sat May 20, 2017 11:41 pm

delands wrote:Am on it 5th August onwards.. looking forward to it!

Enjoy! It'll be a blast I'm sure. I'm back up that way again early June although in another car, we'll maybe...!

Super7

Post by Super7 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:07 am

The first episode of a series was on BBC alba on Saturday afternoon, you'll get it on iplayer.
They went from Inverness to applecross, gives you an idea of what you're in for.
Oddly, they interviewed a cyclist who mostly just complained there were too many cars and they go too fast.

Makka20

Post by Makka20 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:35 am

Hey me n a bunch of friends are doing the nc500 last weekend in July
My s2 is having a full suspension makeover with the quantums
Really can't wait [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk