Favourite car from each decade of your life?

Anything goes in here.....
mwmackenzie

Favourite car from each decade of your life?

Post by mwmackenzie » Fri May 26, 2017 1:04 pm

Interesting topic pinched from Pistonheads.... So what is your favorite car from each decade of your life?

Mine would be..

70's
911 Turbo, had a picture on my bedroom wall,the first athena poster I ever bought, loved the flared arches!

80's
F40 the pinnacle of car design for me, such drama sitting still!

90's
McLaren F1, one of the finest looking and best packaged cars ever!

2000's
Diablo 6.0, final incarnation Diablo, too cool!

2010's
This is where it gets tricky... McLaren P1 and Porsche 918 are the obvious favorites for me, but I think I prefer the looks of the 720.... so I'm going odd ball with the completely bonkers Hennessey Venom with it's Elise chassis lol.

Please note the Boxster S and K Series S2 Elise aren't listed... That neans I'm doing something wrong? hahahaha.. must work harder :roll:
Mark MacKenzie

BMW Z4 3.0si, [R14 MMK] To be Ring ready soon

Fancy Ass Merc thingy S [R4 MMK] 85% MacKenzie'd Family Spec

Corranga

Re: Favourite car from each decade of your life?

Post by Corranga » Fri May 26, 2017 1:56 pm

80s - The F40. I've called it my favourite car of all time since as long as I can remember. I remember gazing in through the rear window louvres at that twin turbo V8. For me it epitomised what I wanted Ferrari to be. A race car for the road. The fastest, and most beautiful thing. A triumph of form and function combined.

90s - My 2nd favourite car of all time - the S1 Elise. Seems corny typing this on here, but never mind! When the magazine photos started to come out in 95/6 I was 13/14 and I fell in love with the looks. I loved that they were so in demand, and that it looked like it was making it's own history, saving Lotus and gaining so much praise. Then used ones and build slots were confirming the demand by masking 50%+ on the original costs. They seemed so attainable yet so good at what they were made to do. I said back then that one day I'd own one. It took me until I was 25, and here we are a decade later and it's not going anywhere!

00s - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione on looks alone.
Actually, I might have to squeeze the Maserati Quattroporte V Sport GT in there too - the ultimate in saloon cars.

10s - This is harder as I don't really get on well with early 2010s car designs as too many seemed to go for stale / generic supercar designs.
I guess it's probably between La Ferrari and the 488 at the moment, but with the caveat that I've never seen either in the flesh, there are 3 years left, and I don't think either compete with any of the above...
'16 MINI Cooper S - Family fun hatch
'98 Lotus Elise - Fun day car
'07 Fiat Panda 100HP - Daily puddle jumper
'04 Maserati Coupe GT - Manual, v8, Italian...