Aim solo laptimer

Anything goes in here.....
p4ilip

Aim solo laptimer

Post by p4ilip » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:47 am

With the fiesta racing ive been doing at Knockhill, in an attempt to close down the gap between myself and the leading cars I've just bought one of these laptimers to work on my lap times and see what differences I can make with set up and driving. I used to find with kart racing that knowing your lap time at the end of each lap was really useful, It looks like these are a leap ahead of the old laptimer I used in the past.

The gps technology is able to tell you if your up or down on your previous lap as you are driving around the track a little bit like the data you get when watching the formula one on Tv or the ghost car that you used to be able to get on Playstation games. I Can't wait to try this out as it should in theory let me know on the lap of a. Hanged I make such as riding a verb or braking later has helped or hindered my lap. I've gone for a base model to try it out but The Dl version allows you to plug in to an obd port on your car to get data from the car such as speed, revs etc.

When I've been in contact with the suppliers and explained what I'm doing I've actually agreed to become a dealer so hope to organise a group buy at some stage if anyone is interested?

Has anyone else got one already and what's your experience been like?
Phil.

mckeann

Re: Aim solo laptimer

Post by mckeann » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:58 am

I've got a solo DL that I use on my track bike, a Kawasaki ZX10R.

It's a great bit of kit, I love it. The race studio software can be a bit difficult to understand at first, but easy once you get the hang of it. There's some great tutorials on Vimeo on how to use the software for different things

steve_weegie

Post by steve_weegie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:47 pm

mckeann wrote:I've got a solo DL that I use on my track bike, a Kawasaki ZX10R.
Interesting stuff - do you have it talking to the ECU for engine data too? If it would overlay this on the timing trace, that would be quite awesome.

I was just looking into this recently too..... As well as a trailer and tow bar :lol:

p4ilip

Post by p4ilip » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:20 pm

This video shows how it would update you on your times as you drive. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8KiQpAKA7BQ and this clip shows how to use the data https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jrs8jUxOjw. I haven't used it yet. I'm tempted to do a few laps of the estate where I live.

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:47 pm

steve_weegie wrote:
Interesting stuff - do you have it talking to the ECU for engine data too? If it would overlay this on the timing trace, that would be quite awesome.

I was just looking into this recently too..... As well as a trailer and tow bar :lol:
I've bought the AIM SOLO DL and yes you can connect the DL via CAN or ODB for engine data. But it has to be the DL version there is the AIM SOLO which you can't connect up for engine data.
Facebook: facebook.com/revlimits1
Instagram: @RevLimits

mckeann

Post by mckeann » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:12 pm

steve_weegie wrote:

Yep, I can have RPM, front and rear wheel speed, throttle position, coolant temp, air intake temp, gear, power mode, traction mode, traction interference, pit lane limiter, battery voltage and 4 diagnostic channels