Even better Dave, same one at £15.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Connects2-CT27 ... 5065&sr=1-

tut

Scotsdave

Re: Collection from Halfords.

Post by Scotsdave » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:57 am

Hi Tut,

Yeah that looks like the same one for a better price :thumbsup

On the loom on the pioneer there is a blue wire as remote feed for an amp I just soldered that to the blue wire on the splitter.

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:35 pm

Sorry about going silent there tut, I didn't install the kit but I'm sure one of these splitter things was used as opposed to a DAB aerial so all good :thumbsup
Ross
---------
1972 Alfaholics Giulia Super
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

Now browsing the tech pages :mrgreen:

:cheers

Scotty C
Meat

Post by Scotty C » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:25 pm

oops not been on here since i last posted.

Do I still need to meet up with Wendy and collect?
"Here for a good time not a long time"

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Its at the Office Scotty so Wendy does not have to be there.

If you could pick it up then that would be a help.

tut

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:14 am

Hi Dave, fitted the Pioneer and everything went together fine. It even slotted straight into the Alpine cage, but it is showing as No Signal both on DAB and FM, just white noise.

There is only one way of connecting to the splitter, Elise aerial into it, output connector into the Pioneer, DAB aerial into the Pioneer. I did it in the garage but there was an excellent FM signal there on the Alpine so should have got that even if no DAB. It was pouring down so did not try it outside, and as I am driving today I put the Alpine back in.

Any ideas?

tut

Scotsdave

Post by Scotsdave » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:11 pm

Have you connected the blue wire on the splitter to the blue wire on the head unit?

If you've done that I would take the aerial out of the splitter and plug it directly in to the pioneer and check if you get an fm signal then. If you do it might be a faulty splitter?

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:11 pm

I don't have a blue separate wire on the head unit, just a blue/white labelled "system remote control" which I am not using. There is a blue wire however from the Elise harness.

As it was a display unit I did not get a box or a manual but have downloaded one. I have not gone through any Setup procedure yet, but it does mention an on/off setting for supplying power to a DAB antenna so shall try that. Also the Elise FM aerial directly into the Pioneer.

tut

Scotsdave

Post by Scotsdave » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:21 pm

So the blue wire on the splitter is currently connected to nothing? That's the power for the splitter if you've not got it connected to anything you will get no signal.

So you need to connect the blue wire on the splitter to the blue/white remote wire coming from the headunit (Switched live from head unit for amplifiers) not the elise blue no idea what that is for.

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:27 pm

Thanks Dave, I connected the the blue splitter wire to the blue Elise wire, made a slight difference but that is obviously wrong. However I did get a FM signal to Radio 2 both via the aerial direct into the unit and also via the splitter, but not that good. Nothing on DAB but I did set everything up via the menus.

Hopefully this will now be sorted if I connect the blue splitter wire to the units blue/white remote wire. Will try this in the morning.

tut

Scotsdave

Post by Scotsdave » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:30 pm

Good Luck!

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:33 am

Another point Dave, the spec says that the splitter does not work with amplified aerials. I presumed an early S2 was not amplified but on reading TechWicki it says it is. That probably accounts for the blue wire from the Elise harness which was soldered to the blue wire from the Alpine unit. I cut this so that I could remove the unit.

The amplifier is in the base of the beesting aerial, will check in the morning but I think I remember seeing a thin wire alongside the aerial cable. However as this is now open ended behind the dash it should mean there is not 12V going to the amplifier. Proof of the pudding will be when I connect the power wire tomorrow.

tut

Scotsdave

Post by Scotsdave » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:48 am

I'm not sure about the amplifier in the Elise for the aerial. I fitted it to the wife's mini which I also think has an amplified aerial and it works fine.

I think that the splitter may be amplified hence it needing the 12v feed.