My Exige has been uninsured for the last 3 months ........

Anything goes in here.....
Victor Meldrew
Location: Unable to use location services. Please turn on your wifi....

Re: My Exige has been uninsured for the last 3 months ......

Post by Victor Meldrew » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:04 pm

I had a similar experience with Footman James with my S4. Apparently someone at the main office had made a mistake and cancelled/deleted the policy by mistake, however they were still taking the direct debits off our account so we thought we were insured. Only found out when Autoglass told us that they couldn't find our policy on their system and we would have to pay for the new windscreen ourselves...

We argued that because we were still paying for the service that it should be honoured. Footman James gave us the bird and said that the fact we were paying the "finance company" did not mean that we were still insured. Needless to say, Footman James were shiitcaned immediately. We did eventually get all our money back that we had paid to the finance company but we had to pay for the windscreen repair ourselves...

We went with VW/Audi insurance who have been flawless so far.
Well it moves... might as well make the most of it....

scott_e

Re: My Exige has been uninsured for the last 3 months ......

Post by scott_e » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:34 am

a4drk wrote:
scott_e wrote:Regarding ANPR, its possible you dont fit the profile for someone that is likely to avoid taking out insurance i.e the alerts are received by police vehicles but possibly ignored ?

They probably get a lot of false positives, national insurance database has a lot of ingress points. I am Intrigued to find out what failed here :scratch

Regarding not renewing your insurance, dont understand how its possible to forget ! ... but then i budget every £ a year in advance ... in detail ..... /anorak faction :leave
I’ve been with Footman James for the last 3 years - renewal came in and never thought anything of it - I just assumed it would auto renew - obviously not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure its easy done :) i guess many of you have multiple cars to worry about too.