Craig Moncrieff thank you.

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
DJ

Re: Craig Moncrieff thank you.

Post by DJ » Fri May 13, 2016 10:13 pm

How do you measure good service? From 8 pages on this thread it seems to be a mix of attention to detail, flexibility, customer focus, decent prices, extra advice etc.

But what if something goes wrong? What if there is a problem, or things don't quite go exactly to plan? Then you have another measure of service. How the garage reacts. What they say, what they do etc. In the scheme of things this was all minor stuff but hit me on a day of some stressful things going on.

Last night it looked like I wasn't going to make the trackday tomorrow. Details aren't important but post some work at CMC yesterday and some further discussion there was a bit of a mix up. Some of this then involved me spending the evening trying to use tools :shock: (not a good thing) which in the end wasn't actually needed, and I ended up breaking something minor but important on the car :oops: . Craig took full and absolute ownership of all points - no fuss, no questions - including where we were both genuinely unsure how or why they had happened. All were sorted or agreed today when he was clearly busy with jobs for others ahead of tomorrow.
Craig has also done a favour for my dad in the past and was as concerned for him holed up in A&E. This allowed me to get on with finding out what had happened etc. with Craig making sure the car would be good for tomorrow.

So if things had gone completely seamlessly then, like others, I would be expectantly pleased. They didn't, as sometimes happens in life, but the reaction tells you so much more.
Car is back in my garage after Craig arranged collection, follow-up (and extra) work and return delivery, ready for tomorrow .....and my old man is now back home with his foot up nursing torn ligaments.

So cheers for all your hard work, the dozen texts, the humbleness, ownership, focus, selflessness, honesty, pride in work and determination today. I know that wouldn't happen anywhere else. :thumbsup See you tomorrow.
'03 Elise 111S - Sold :(
'55 Boxster S - Sold :(
'08 Exige S 240PP - Sold :(
'10 Evora NA - Sold :(
'12 Cayman R :)

kenny

Post by kenny » Sun May 29, 2016 10:31 pm

Another :thumbsup for Craig.

the only negative was Craig pointing out I had only managed 800 miles between MOT's. :oops:

StiflerMR2

Post by StiflerMR2 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:23 am

Just picked up the car from Craig yesterday after having the dreaded HGF taken care of.

As always, top service and advice and was informed and updated throughout about any and all work. The car is running as sweet as I can remember and he even accommodated me by allowing a detailer to come in and make the old girl look a littler better.

I think the biggest testament I can give is that I trust him implicitly with the car. There is a reason I do a 300 mile round trip to have him work on my car, he's the best there is.

Thanks again :)

Also, here is the link to the detailers work:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 1825592259

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Tue May 31, 2016 8:13 pm

I saw your car in while I was collecting a clean but not that shiny Egor. Really is a mirror finish!

Anyway, to add my thanks to this thread, Egor once more on the road after a tensioner failure - I was lucky that the tensioner failed under zero load so the engine just stalled and it seems that it jammed on the timing chain so no damage done to the internals (compression is even across all cylinders, once more goes like stink).

As usual the price was more than reasonable ... and they "repaired" the hole in my cill FOC (with gaffer :-)).

Long may it last ..

Robin
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Tue May 31, 2016 10:30 pm

Good result Robin, Honda made a molehill out of a mountain.

tut

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:10 am

The r8 was MOTd rear brake pads sorted and a rogue fog light failure (have never used it) sorted in the usual stress free manner. Rangie and transit heading in next. Relaxing when you have your cars in safe hands
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:39 pm

Popped in to collect my car today, now with clutch number 2 :blackeye I hope to get more than 2 days out of this one lol... Craig is also kindly handling my warranty claim with the manufacturer :thumbsup Well as expected Craig looked after me well with a great price on the new clutch and he also noticed I had a leaking coolant hose to the radiator which he also replaced, great stuff as I did actually top the coolant up once in Germany, he stated there was hee haw coolant in it when it arrived :( You can feel safe putting your car in to Craig that nothing gets overlooked! All rectified in good time to pop some miles on this week before spending next Tue and Wed with Walshy :roll:

Many thanks!

Once again getting my car ready for the next event... I'm just hoping this time he'll not be storing it after again :damnfunny

:cheers
Mark MacKenzie

BMW Z4 3.0si, [R14 MMK] To be Ring ready soon

Fancy Ass Merc thingy S [R4 MMK] 85% MacKenzie'd Family Spec

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:14 pm

Despite being hugely busy the Mighty Moncrief and his team of able mechanics have managed to get the transit through the MOT, the R8 MOT'd and have all but finished the Honda Elise clam fix and installed some cheeky Nitrons on it at the same time, and helped with the Rangie sale/purchase/detailing.

Have been rammed hence the lack of feedback , but have also used "Mark the Detailer " who is based at Craigs and my Rangie just had the quartz treatment done - to say its shining like a diamond in a goats ass doesn't come close!

Bloody genius idea having a detailer at the garage incidentally, and Mark is a really genuine guy who just loves his work. Pricing is spot on also! R8 booked in , and I think the Elise might get the treatment after it returns from the bodyshop.

Bills as usual questioned for lack of size, but he assures me no favours were done - although I suspect that story will change next time we are in a bar, and he fancies some beer!

Met the new garage dog this week also!

I just love being able to handover the cars and trust they are getting sorted by someone who gives a f***! Not hard to see why he's so busy.

Keep it up mate
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

campbell

Post by campbell » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:44 am

A small token here. The team ran our Octavia through an oil service plus extras, for the first time. Tremendous VFM and a coconut valet to boot. All ready for the long miles ahead over the summer. Thanks Craig and team.

PS bill too small. Again.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:49 pm

Not Exactly thanks to Craig, more like a big thank you to Callum.

I arranged to take my S1 in on the way down to Croft on Thursday, for a Brake fluid change and an Oil and filter change. However on the morning of arrival I had a few other requests including trying to track down the cause of my failing battery.

Everything was done ahead of lunchtime to let me get on my way to Croft for what I think was my best UK trackday ever. Croft is a circuit prefect for the S1.

All I can say to Craig is, don't worry when you're away, It's in great hands, Callum = Craig Mk2.

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:02 am

Kinger wrote:Not Exactly thanks to Craig, more like a big thank you to Callum.

I arranged to take my S1 in on the way down to Croft on Thursday, for a Brake fluid change and an Oil and filter change. However on the morning of arrival I had a few other requests including trying to track down the cause of my failing battery.

Everything was done ahead of lunchtime to let me get on my way to Croft for what I think was my best UK trackday ever. Croft is a circuit prefect for the S1.

All I can say to Craig is, don't worry when you're away, It's in great hands, Callum = Craig Mk2.
+1 to your comments on Callum...following my car being in and out today.
Facebook: facebook.com/revlimits1
Instagram: @RevLimits

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:12 am

I too got some quality time with the first officer last week.

It's a team game :-)
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Shug

Post by Shug » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:35 am

This is what makes CMC so special - was in yesterday on relatively short notice - the boot on Elaine's Evora had stuck shut and as MMC had supplied it to us with the emergency release pre-broken, we were at a loss for a remote fix. Became clear that it wasn't going to be a simple one relatively early, but Craig just got me to leave it there while I went and did some meetings in town.

In the end, the striker mechanism had completely disassembled so it'd never release, so as I understand, a combination of welding rod and an endoscope were used to thread in past the rear wheel and trigger the release in what can only be described as keyhole surgery - I can't honestly see anyone else having the lateral thinking to get this done without cutting into the bloody thing, the way workshops are these days.

Even managed to get a wheel off (after getting the boot open - locking key in there, wasn't it) to get it across to the tyre place and plug a slow puncture before I got back. Again - most places would say "we took so long to sort that bloody boot we ran out of time to get the tyre done - you can come back if you like" Not CMC.

Massive, massive thanks to Craig and the guys getting this sorted :thumbsup
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:42 am

Good result Shug, but rule number one, get rid of the bloody locking wheel nuts.

tut

craigs135s

Post by craigs135s » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:53 am

Big thanks to Craig and the team in the last couple of months the car has been serviced, MOT,ed, and today got it back fitted with its new 2bular exhaust. Craig picked me up this morning to collect the car.. Also saved me some cash on couriers..

All in all top notch service.

Thanks
C
Europa
S2 Black 111r. Gone
S1 Exige. Gone.
S2 111s. Gone
S1 sport 135s. Gone