Craig Moncrieff thank you.

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
campbell

Re: Craig Moncrieff thank you.

Post by campbell » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:59 pm

Great emergency support this week. Family barge had worsening binding brake. Diagnosed, parts costs discussed, fix complete, all in about 15 hrs from start to finish.

CMC don't just do Lotuses and fancy stuff. They admit Skodas too...
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

istoo

Post by istoo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:28 am

Down for annual service, fix the stuff that i am too lazy to do.
C service carried out, i was going to sell the car but no longer and asked for the fixed seat to be swapped out with seat rails. As i had changed my mind craig wheeched it back to fix seat again. Also picked up a dodgy TPS which has solved my wee occassional stutter. Car running a dream... drove back up the road with Stephen (DeepseaGangstar) had a great drive over glenshee in the sunshine.

The bill wasnt too bad either!
S2 111s

Victor Meldrew
Location: Unable to use location services. Please turn on your wifi....

Post by Victor Meldrew » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:07 pm

Just waiting for Craig to sort out a coolant issue. I've been away offshore for three weeks. I must say the communication has been first class as ever. Late night texts answered straight away. Never left with anything other than a warm fuzzy feeling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well it moves... might as well make the most of it....

mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:47 pm

OK Me again, monthly update hahaha...

Thanks Craig and the team, great job on my S2 and a speedy turn around with a quote me happy price!!! :cheers

Well as most will be aware my poor wee car was stretchered off Knockhill last Friday, sorry all for the red flag!

I had lost all gears and drive just after the pit entry on the straight so was screwed for making it back so pulled in after Mcintyres. Most folk at the track had thought a gear cable had just popped off when the twiddled the gear stick which had no lateral movement at all just fore and aft but wouldn't select any gears. RAC dropped the car with Craig on Friday evening along with Edd's car.
I got a call on Monday from Craig saying I'd had a cable snap! :shock: Fortunately I had already bought a set of the ever helpful Junks and not yet had them fitted, I bought them because I had a sticky crossgate cable and the stick didn't self centre (Bugged me a little), selected gears fine but was a little vague. BUT OH NO, NOT ANYMORE! Thanks to Craig and his guys my car is now perfect! Lever self centres perfectly, slick to select all gears and no grinding into reverse, it feels like a new car! Delighted doesn't come close! The car is as I wanted it to be, now I just need more power lol....... VVC160 in there with my CR box, I think that'd keep me grinning for a while?

Thanks again Craig

Mark :cheers
Mark MacKenzie

BMW Z4 3.0si, [R14 MMK] To be Ring ready soon

Fancy Ass Merc thingy S [R4 MMK] 85% MacKenzie'd Family Spec

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:55 am

211 has had a engine replaced. It's been against the clock running in started last night after Calum had stayed late the night before to get things sorted.

Accumsump hose decided it had didn't like the new oil pressure in this engine and made a bid for freedom last night. Typically not a part of the system that had been even touched or replumbed

Recovered and Craig and Calum opened CMC at 10pm to receive and fix it! Can't wait to pick it up and get down to

A totally different level chaps!!!

Pulling cars out at 10pm to get mine on the ramps in the dark after a long couple of days......epic.

Ps- sorry if the CMC team seem slightly broken today
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:08 pm

Andy G wrote:211 has had a engine replaced. It's been against the clock running in started last night after Calum had stayed late the night before to get things sorted.

Accumsump hose decided it had didn't like the new oil pressure in this engine and made a bid for freedom last night. Typically not a part of the system that had been even touched or replumbed

Recovered and Craig and Calum opened CMC at 10pm to receive and fix it! Can't wait to pick it up and get down to

Pulling cars out at 10pm to get mine on the ramps in the dark after a long couple of days......epic.

That's service on another level. :thumbsup
Facebook: facebook.com/revlimits1
Instagram: @RevLimits

pete
Vexatious Litigant

Post by pete » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:39 pm

Andy G wrote:211 has had a engine replaced. It's been against the clock running in started last night after Calum had stayed late the night before to get things sorted.

Wow.
'99 - '03 Titanium S1 111S.
'03 - '10 Starlight Black S2 111S
'11 - '17 S2 135R
'17 - '19 S2 Exige S+
'23 - ?? Evora

mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:01 am

But if you'd gone to MMC they'd have just given you an Evora 400 for your trip :damnfunny
Mark MacKenzie

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:34 am

Another thank you for CMC.

When we were looking for the Mk1 TT 225, Craig was a great source of information and helped me with some good pointers on some of the prospective cars that I was looking at and ones to avoid.

As we do not have the detailed service paperwork yet (previous garage will hopefully send that up) Craig/I decided to take a precautionary approach and do the timing belt/water pump and haldex oil plus a normal service. I suggested a suspension refresh but Craig managed to reel me back to sensible mode :lol:

Usual service we come to expect from Craig with regular updates during the day and the car feeling great now thanks to the work by Craig and the guys.
campbell wrote:CMC don't just do Lotuses and fancy stuff. They admit Skodas too...
Can add Audi to this list as well.

George
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:54 am

Recently had a big service completed. CMC always manage to fit the jobs in (and extra things it needs) and finish with no issues and nearly always collect or drop off includes a Saturday.

Coffee is pretty good too. :thumbsup

Thanks again to Craig and his team. Without CMC i'd probably be driving a fking Porsche like half of Aberdeen and paying double for servicing.

Stewart

mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:35 pm

OK some of you will know my recent luck with cars that is turning this monthly thumbs up to a weekly one....

This time the 3 series diesel spat all its oil out on the road outside the house.. We were lucky as it must have happened close to home as there was still oil in it to make a mess of the street :lol: the wife would undoubtedly keep driving it if it had happened further away... Booked in with Craig, dropped off on Saturday am and got a call on Monday am to say it was the turbo oil feed hose had come apart, part ordered and fitted on Tuesday when it arrived. I also mentioned to Craig about an issue I noticed with the car when driving to his, in a straight line on the bypass the traction control would engage and prevent the car from accelerating, he popped the car back on the ramp and replaced a speed sensor that was showing a fault, I believe is fine now, I've not driven it myself but the wifes not moaned, that said she didn't moan about the fault in the first place, it's not until I drive it everything comes to light...

Thanks to Craig and his team for a speedy turn around again on an old sheddy E90 BMW diesel and for sorting out the other faults as mentioned... top work guys, there seems to be nothing you can't fix!! :thumbsup

:cheers

It doesn't matter what car you have be it a Lotus, Audi R8, Land rover, BMW or even a Porsche (all in there when I was there) I can heartily recommend CMC for all your repairs and servicing!
Mark MacKenzie

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:51 pm

mwmackenzie wrote:

But if you'd gone to MMC they'd have just given you an Evora 400 for your trip :damnfunny
I suspect they'd haved asked me to leave as Craig "once walked near my car and looked at it in a funny way" or some similar retarded nonsense that would seem more at home in the playground :damnfunny
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:19 pm

Thanks for your help the other day Craig :thumbsup

Steve.

KevD

Post by KevD » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Another thanks to Craig and all at cmc, fixing a faulty coolant fan under aa warranty and evening opening on sat so I could pick it up. Good comms throughout and ready for its next visit hopefully not too soon!!

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:50 am

Was that AA P&L Kev?

tut