Newbie In Ayrshire

Come and introduce yourself
BiggestNizzy

Re: Newbie In Ayrshire

Post by BiggestNizzy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:44 pm

marcoos_1 wrote:BiggestNizzy....it's a cracking day here....have you got your car in Stewarton today? I just drove through but didn't notice anything! Looks nice in your pic.....
Er no I'm afraid my car is an ornament and has been since my wee one was born. :oops: (sh*t nearly 2 years) it still gets started every week and driven round the car park at home. Once I have sold my flat and I have a garage I might get it back on the road.

It is a cracking day, shame I'm stuck in a factory with no window, (Hyspec next to the train station.)
Sent from my ZX SPECTRUM +2A

marcoos_1

Post by marcoos_1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:31 pm

That's a shame....but I know what it's like. My car activities took a dive when my wee fella was born....but after a few years I managed to get things sorted out. I know Hyspec, seem to have got a lot bigger in the last few years. The old owner used to drive a nice 8 series beemer in metallic blue.

Just got my alternator, and it even looks like the right one!

woody

Post by woody » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:42 pm

Immobile S1s are a feature of Ayrshire ;)

Stick the alt bolt back in the other way around; I did about 6 years ago and it's caused no issues. Also drilled out the (ovalised locking) threads for the tensioner bolt in the alt case as I had a tensioner bolt shear off in the case of an otherwise fine unit. Replaced with a quality bolt, K lock nut and wedge washer, works well.

BiggestNizzy

Post by BiggestNizzy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:26 pm

marcoos_1 wrote:The old owner used to drive a nice 8 series beemer in metallic blue.!
Bill can now be seen buzzing around in a red SLS. I think he still has 850.

marcoos_1

Post by marcoos_1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Superb...thanks for the advice. I'm hopefully going to get it back in tonight, I'll do exactly as you said. Fingers crossed I can give it a run tonight...on the back roads of course..... :lol:

woody

Post by woody » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:18 pm

If you don't have a suitable nut & bolt for doing that, I've just found some here (having a rake through my stock mid clutch matter cylinder install).

marcoos_1

Post by marcoos_1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:09 pm

Brilliant woody, cheers for that. Are you getting closer to being back on the road then?

woody

Post by woody » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:08 pm

Edging there. New least favourite job in swapping the clutch master cylinder having spent quite a bit of time upside down in the drivers footwell.

Drop me a pm if you'd like those bits :thumbsup

BiggestNizzy

Post by BiggestNizzy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:22 pm

Yea sucks

marcoos_1

Post by marcoos_1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:51 pm

Ahhh.....is that how you're meant to get in them then - headfirst? :lol:

That's a brilliant pic.....reminds me of working on my Dutton.....spent many an hour upside down with my legs over the roll bar looking at spaghetti wiring!

Actually.....I'm wondering how you ever got out of there.....

s29ttc

Post by s29ttc » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:45 am

Good to hear it started, albeit for a short period of time. I took mine out this morning for the morning commute and makes the drive to work all that more interesting. Didn't realise you where at Hyspec Nizzy, few guys from my place moved there, think one was back here in a few months though, Jim Christie as it didnt work out for him. We will need to get a wee run sorted if you guys can get your car on the road, as I need to learn the roads around Stewarton as I dont know the area too well.

1999 S1 Elise 111S - Fun Spec

2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 200 - Daily Driver Spec

2004 Mitsubishi Shogun- Dog Transport Spec

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:13 am

s29ttc wrote: We will need to get a wee run sorted if you guys can get your car on the road, as I need to learn the roads around Stewarton as I dont know the area too well.
:wave

I have memories of doing a few road rallies in Ayrshire on some pretty good fun roads,.. but typically as a driver (with navigator next to me) I have no idea of where the roads actually were! :oops: Some good roads a bit further south too - usually nice and quiet.

Keep me in mind if you are having a run down there, I'd love to tag along. :thumbsup
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

marcoos_1

Post by marcoos_1 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:25 pm

Will do...hopefully it won't be too far away! I got it insured today (ever the optimist) and I might have a crack at an MOT next week just so it's legal for taking out for a test drive. Hopefully this weekend I'll get all the lights etc finished. Just need to try and source a new hood or a hardtop. There is one on it at the moment....but it's seen better days.

BiggestNizzy

Post by BiggestNizzy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:30 pm

s29ttc wrote:Good to hear it started, albeit for a short period of time. I took mine out this morning for the morning commute and makes the drive to work all that more interesting. Didn't realise you where at Hyspec Nizzy, few guys from my place moved there, think one was back here in a few months though, Jim Christie as it didnt work out for him. We will need to get a wee run sorted if you guys can get your car on the road, as I need to learn the roads around Stewarton as I dont know the area too well.
Remember Jim, seemed alright. He wasn't here that long though.

Once I get the car back on the road (after I have moved house and finished that project) we will have to organise a Ayrshire run (hopefully it will end better than the last one)

s29ttc

Post by s29ttc » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Where you off to? I know the feeling after a 2 year renovation project on my house and still I need to do te finishing touches like painting and odds and soda but is a house ever finished? I'll not ask what happened on the last one haha! Last run I was in with you was tut towers 2010 and wondering how you managed with so little braking until we stopped and realised the switch for brake light was a bit dodgy haha!

1999 S1 Elise 111S - Fun Spec

2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 200 - Daily Driver Spec

2004 Mitsubishi Shogun- Dog Transport Spec