Brake Upgrade - 340R

The place to "speak geek"
CallumM

Re: Brake Upgrade - 340R

Post by CallumM » Thu May 18, 2017 4:43 pm

campbell wrote:
Lazydonkey wrote:Holy thread resurrection!
Yup. Cammy has another even sillier roofless car now...11 years on =8-o
How time flies :roll:

IanD

Re: Brake Upgrade - 340R

Post by IanD » Tue May 30, 2017 8:42 pm

Stu160 wrote:The pad choice is what will make the difference. I fitted standard Pagid plain discs, and standard pads to elise last month, and used them at Donnington, more than enough stopping power for the AD08,s that were fitted. I have to say though, going back to driving the elise , you forget how hard you have to press the pedal with no servo. CL6,s will improve the bite, if you can stand the squeeze, and Mintex F6 will do the same, but they are a metallic pad, so not good for your wheels.

Stu
Bit of a thread drift, how bad are mintex F6 for wheels and what happens ? Internet hints they aren't good for wheels but not much info about.
Bought some upgraded used brakes for the Porsche, part of the deal was Mintex F6r pads, I've got power coated white wheels with some peeling but I'm not intending refurbishing them just yet.
Got some decent wheel specific wax and a wax/sealant that is commonly used as a wheel sealant so can put those on to try and protect the wheels once I clean them up a bit.

Intending putting pads on and seeing what they are like, definitely wouldn't have bought them but came for free effectively and the Porsche is a heavy car to stop and brakes have never inspired confidence.
White Porsche man
1993 968 ClubSport - see it @https://youtu.be/8PnI0VE1B54
2010 Boxster Spyder