Post by SAJ » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:03 pm

Where: Knockhill
Date: 30th June 2016
Time: 5pm arrival, 6pm - 8pm on track
Cost: £110 per car and driver
Total Spaces: 25 in total
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/revlimits1

Hi Folks,

Not many of you will know but my friend William and I run a car club through Facebook called Rev Limits. We normally organise car runs every month in and around Scotland as well as the odd Euro trip and weekends up north. We also have a private group which is made up of a number of trusted individuals that have proven themselves to not be idiots on the road or track.

We organised a track day for the Rev Limits private group but have a number of spaces available and I thought it would be good to invite SE along to join us. The track day will only have our guys on the track so no need to worry about any idiots.

So far the cars coming are:

1) Nissan GTR
2) Mclaren 570S
3) Lamborghini Huracan
4) Nissan GTR
5) Nissan GTR
6) Nissan GTR
7) Nissan GTR
8 ) Ultima Canam
9) Aston Martin DB9
10) Ultima Canam
11) Lotus Evora S

Would be good to get a few more Lotus along for the night - if you're interested please contact William on the details above.

Cheers, Saj
Facebook: facebook.com/revlimits1
Instagram: @RevLimits

Scotty C
Meat

Re: Rev Limits - Knockhill Track Day - 30th June 2016

Post by Scotty C » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:52 am

looks like a lot of straight line hero's there :D
"Here for a good time not a long time"

ClarkyBoy

Post by ClarkyBoy » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:58 am

Scotty C wrote:looks like a lot of straight line hero's there :D
EXACTLY what I thought :roll:

You might have to dig out the S1 scotty ;-)

its good to see another group with accessible trackdays though, just hope the driving standard is as good as the SIDC and TS days....
Vanlife Sprinter
E30 318is / axle stand spec
987.2 Cayman S
[#]=///=[#] ‘88 Panda 4x4
BSA B31
MF35
Stiga Tornado
Many Bicycles

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:00 am

I'm thinking about it... It's the getting there for 5 that's the stretch.... I wouldn't know until nearer the time...
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:39 pm

Gents,

The cars coming are more interested in track days rather than drag strips, otherwise we'd have just gone to Crail.

Invites to our track days are etiquette based. We don't care if you drive slow, as long as you move out the way for faster cars on straights. We don't care if you drive fast, just don't be right up the arse of slower drivers and only overtake on straights. We're only interested in enjoying the cars rather than willy waving. You'll see from the type of cars attending that these individuals feel comfortable that we don't have people with egos to massage attending our events.

We are strict with those involved with our road runs and the same applies to the track days we are organising - 2 complaints about your driving and you get black listed and never receive another invite. That has worked well for us so far.

Hope some of you consider joining us, as those already attending are serious petrolheads that we have some really good banter with too.
rawsco wrote:I'm thinking about it... It's the getting there for 5 that's the stretch.... I wouldn't know until nearer the time...
So long as you can make it before 6pm so you have time to get ready to get on track for 6pm there isn't a real requirement to be there bang on 5.00pm.

Shug

Post by Shug » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:52 pm

:roll: Yeah, bit harsh boys... :damnfunny

Glad to see someone else stepping up to the plate, arranging days and taking responsibility for the driving standards.

Saj, I think where the gruesome twoesome are coming from is traditionally when GTRs and the like turn up on other trackdays, they'll pootle through the corners, plant it on corner exit and rocket up the straights - getting far enough in front that the bloke capable of going twice as fast through the twisties doesn't get a look in up the straight, only to catch up through Duffus and start the frustration again. Worth mentioning in the briefing for sure if you're looking to have a mix of corner-speed reliant and big HP cars on the same day.

Wish you best of luck with it - sadly TDs are a memory for me at the mo :thumbsup
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:15 pm

Shug wrote::roll: Yeah, bit harsh boys... :damnfunny

Glad to see someone else stepping up to the plate, arranging days and taking responsibility for the driving standards.

Saj, I think where the gruesome twoesome are coming from is traditionally when GTRs and the like turn up on other trackdays, they'll pootle through the corners, plant it on corner exit and rocket up the straights - getting far enough in front that the bloke capable of going twice as fast through the twisties doesn't get a look in up the straight, only to catch up through Duffus and start the frustration again. Worth mentioning in the briefing for sure if you're looking to have a mix of corner-speed reliant and big HP cars on the same day.

Wish you best of luck with it - sadly TDs are a memory for me at the mo :thumbsup
Thanks for the advice Shug - will definitely keep that in mind for the briefing with those that come along.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:07 pm

Thanks Saj for organizing this event, and taking the time to invite us lot along too. I am currently plotting and planning my diary of car related activities this year, already have quite a bit on, so will need to see how this would fit.

I'm sure John Stewart won't mind me mentioning, that the SIDC guys run a good track day, and have a very good info sheet that they send out to participants. Would make a good starting point for yourselves. :thumbsup
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

ClarkyBoy

Post by ClarkyBoy » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:08 pm

No Offence really intended,

Shug hit the nail on the head with GTR's and so on - but the KH guys are really good at outlining fast car vs fast driver in their briefing.

Will there be an instructor on hand at all?

Nice to see a 570s on the list :-)
Vanlife Sprinter
E30 318is / axle stand spec
987.2 Cayman S
[#]=///=[#] ‘88 Panda 4x4
BSA B31
MF35
Stiga Tornado
Many Bicycles

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:03 pm

definately interested, just not sure where I'll be in June yet!

GTR owners taking them on track should be commended - looks like a good mix of cars :thumbsup
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:16 pm

Andy G wrote:definately interested, just not sure where I'll be in June yet!

GTR owners taking them on track should be commended - looks like a good mix of cars :thumbsup
Just drop William an e-mail, he may be able to hold a place for you.

ClarkyBoy wrote:No Offence really intended,

Shug hit the nail on the head with GTR's and so on - but the KH guys are really good at outlining fast car vs fast driver in their briefing.

Will there be an instructor on hand at all?

Nice to see a 570s on the list :-)
:thumbsup

It's going to be my first track day so I'll probably work something out with William to see what options are available to us.
Dominic wrote:Thanks Saj for organizing this event, and taking the time to invite us lot along too. I am currently plotting and planning my diary of car related activities this year, already have quite a bit on, so will need to see how this would fit.

I'm sure John Stewart won't mind me mentioning, that the SIDC guys run a good track day, and have a very good info sheet that they send out to participants. Would make a good starting point for yourselves. :thumbsup
:thumbsup thanks Dom - appreciate the support.

renmure

Post by renmure » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:35 pm

It's a couple of my mates in the Ultima Can-Ams who are going along so I will pop over and spectate and take pics :)

Sure it will be a great event!!
Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Wanted: Train.

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:38 pm

Prolonged driving isn't really an option for me due to an injury but spectating / pax would be good :thumbsup
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:15 pm

renmure wrote:It's a couple of my mates in the Ultima Can-Ams who are going along so I will pop over and spectate and take pics :)

Sure it will be a great event!!
j2 lot wrote:Prolonged driving isn't really an option for me due to an injury but spectating / pax would be good :thumbsup
You're both more than welcome to come along and watch - just pop an e-mail to William so he knows.

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:57 pm

Just an update of cars coming, still a few space left.

1) Nissan GTR
2) Nissan GTR
3) Lambo Huracan
4) Nissan GTR
5) Nissan GTR
6) Nissan GTR
7) Nissan GTR
8) Ultima Canam
9) Aston DB9
10) Ultima Canam
11) Audi V10 R8 Plus
12) Honda Integra Type R