Knockhill Tracknight Tuesday August 2nd 6-8pm REVERSE

Strictly for tarmac whores
pete039

Re: Knockhill Tracknight Tuesday August 2nd 6-8pm REVERSE

Post by pete039 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:13 am

Cheers for another great night , the mini was fun but wishing that I had brought the lotus especially as the heavy rain
Forcast didn't materialise.

Jek

Post by Jek » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:35 am

Cheers Andy for another great night.

Other than a few laps in Tut’s passenger seat (thanks again Tut, great fun), I lapped pretty much continuously.

Damp track with dryish line was a fun challenge. With a bit less grip Duffus almost became a proper corner for the MX5 too – it’s so slow chugging up the hill that it’s usually easy to take flat in the dry with any line you choose.

Oh, and the blue S1 with the fresh Honda in it looked fantastic. What a neat conversion. Want!

Jek

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:52 am

pete039 wrote:Cheers for another great night , the mini was fun but wishing that I had brought the lotus especially as the heavy rain
Forcast didn't materialise.
I saw your smoking brakes! Driving it hard! Great wee cars the mini I loved my r53 S
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410

mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:40 pm

Thanks Andy and Scott for organising this! great night, thanks to Scott for the pointers on line and taking my car out, boosted my confidence in the car itself :thumbsup
Mark MacKenzie

BMW Z4 3.0si, [R14 MMK] To be Ring ready soon

Fancy Ass Merc thingy S [R4 MMK] 85% MacKenzie'd Family Spec

Shug

Post by Shug » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:13 pm

Great night again - loads of folk just turning up for a chinwag as well.

Massive cheers to Kenny for the shot of the Zenos - impressive car that and loads of potential. Soundtrack reminds me of a Porsche 962 (no greater honour from me) in the whooshes and chirps from the turbo behind your lugs.

Also to Andy who let me out in the 211 - ended up waving at me from the pitwall to remind me the car wasn't actually mine :oops: :mrgreen: Total weapon. So planted, so confidence inspiring and so precise.

Great to catch up with tons of folk, awesome track manners, superb atmosphere - great evening.

Next - the Charity day...
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:53 pm

Everyone - thank you for attending!

It was a great night. I actually thought, although quite a few people couldnt make it, that it was one of the best SE outings I've been on in years.

Typical SE, everyone having fun, supportive, encouraging newbies, and just having a ball.

Highlight, probably probably the 211 vs V6 CR battle and then getting asked to try and make Petes car overheat, which was just happening when the flag came out and thanks to Uncle Ron for the laps!

Thanks to all those who attended for the support. It becomes very expensive for me if we can get enough people, and we JUST made this one work and no more.

The next one if gearing up to be the last of the 3 for 2016, but if theres enough interest from the SE posse I'll try and look in to 2017 and monthly outing

Andy
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:10 pm

Andy G wrote:Everyone - thank you for attending!

It was a great night. I actually thought, although quite a few people couldnt make it, that it was one of the best SE outings I've been on in years.

Typical SE, everyone having fun, supportive, encouraging newbies, and just having a ball.

Highlight, probably probably the 211 vs V6 CR battle and then getting asked to try and make Petes car overheat, which was just happening when the flag came out and thanks to Uncle Ron for the laps!

Thanks to all those who attended for the support. It becomes very expensive for me if we can get enough people, and we JUST made this one work and no more.

The next one if gearing up to be the last of the 3 for 2016, but if theres enough interest from the SE posse I'll try and look in to 2017 and monthly outing

Andy
More for 2017 please. It would be a shame for you to lose out financially and clearly involves a fair bit or organizing too but the upside is the best etiquette I have been on for track days and a great evening(s). What is the 'right' number of attendee's for these? Around 25?

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:05 pm

mxvx wrote:
More for 2017 please. It would be a shame for you to lose out financially and clearly involves a fair bit or organizing too but the upside is the best etiquette I have been on for track days and a great evening(s). What is the 'right' number of attendee's for these? Around 25?
Actually its around 30, as there are always no shows, broken cars, and its usually quite hard for Scott, Shug and myself to get out on track :thumbsup

Certainly hope to get more of these going in 2017, as I'm enjoying the social side of it as much as the driving.
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp