what product to give nice shine on exige wheels?

Take good care of her
Jamie84

what product to give nice shine on exige wheels?

Post by Jamie84 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:39 pm

what do you guys put on black matt wheels? i have some chemical guys wheel guard ( looks good but takes ages to apply ) or lately ben using some meguires stuff which is for interior and exterior trim ( seems to work well but is quite sticky and attracts dust to easy )

any other suggestions ?

dezzy

Post by dezzy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:57 pm

Poorboy Natty's wheel paste. Available from Polished Bliss.

Tip: don't use cleaners on any alloy wheels. Just wash with same car shampoo as bodywork (after bodywork, obviously!) and then apply a sealant like the above, which is like a wax for wheels and protects them. Also makes brake dust easier to remove.

:thumbsup

D
2009 Mini Cooper, Midnight Black
2008 Elise S, Solar Yellow

RDH

Post by RDH » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:02 pm

dezzy wrote:Tip: don't use cleaners on any alloy wheels. Just wash with same car shampoo as bodywork (after bodywork, obviously!) and then apply a sealant like the above, which is like a wax for wheels and protects them. Also makes brake dust easier to remove.

D
Trust me - depends when the wheels were last cleaned ( I think Laura's MX 5 wheels were last cleaned in about 1993-before I cleaned them the other week!) sometimes you need to use some form of wheel cleaner! I used Autoglym wheel cleaner - worked a treat!

As Dezzy says -once they're clean - use some sort of sealant to make it easier to clean the next time!