visit to Ali

Take good care of her
46inb

visit to Ali

Post by 46inb » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:23 pm

Just spent two hours with Ali checking over my elise that I bought a couple of weeks ago. It is an early S1 with low mileage, 1 owner and massive history. Great experience. He has got his hydraulic ramp all up and working now so I was able to get under it and have a good dekko. Ali great at explaining everything and really good to get first hand experience of how it all looks under the car.

Car was all OK - very clean, with only the damper seats corroded and needing replaced. This is a known fault and Ali reckons that he can get them seperate now so no need to replace dampers.

Ali also tracked the knocking noise to the passenger door striker pin and cured it with two inches of duct tape. Nice one.

Heater cable was a bit jammed - explored end under front clam but seizure is at dashboard end - but jammed on hot so decided not to remove dashboard and see how I get on. If it is too hot then roof will be off anyway.

One bit of damage worth noting. Bodywork damage where some clown has used wrong jacking point. Will need to track back through history to see who put on the new tyres. It's cosmetic damage and not visible, but annoying as all avoidable. Have made mental note to stand over mechanic next time I need tyres.

Car now booked in for full A service in June - need to get in fast as not surprisingly Ali's diary is filling up fast.

Good way to spend a morning. But suspect I may have puncture so off to get that seen to. Hope it is just valve as can see no damage or nails.