Detailing company

Take good care of her
renmure

Re: Detailing company

Post by renmure » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:46 pm

All good advice :)

I got the some of the waffle weave drying towels as an experiment after getting the Ferrari detailed and was gobsmacked at how good they were. Same for the QD spray ... makes the water just run off without even needing to dry it off. :thumbsup

Jim
Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Wanted: Train.

Paolo

Post by Paolo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:57 pm

renmure wrote:All good advice :)

I got the some of the waffle weave drying towels as an experiment after getting the Ferrari detailed and was gobsmacked at how good they were. Same for the QD spray ... makes the water just run off without even needing to dry it off. :thumbsup

Jim
....any pics of the Fez Jim? :thumbsup

renmure

Post by renmure » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:25 pm

StiflerMR2

Post by StiflerMR2 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:31 pm

that pic is useless without an audio clip 8) :mrgreen:

renmure

Post by renmure » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:36 pm

StiflerMR2 wrote:that pic is useless without an audio clip 8) :mrgreen:
:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2scb1K3 ... re=related

Challenge grill, tubi and and decat. Same as mine :thumbsup

Jim

Paolo

Post by Paolo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:43 pm

Awesome!

Edin430

Post by Edin430 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:30 pm

allyrennie wrote:
s29ttc wrote:
PaoloMcFoulo wrote:

Currently using Meguiars Tech Wax at the minute and used it for the last 2 years and never had a problem with it. The peugeot was done every couple of weeks weather permitting and its kept the paintwork well.
2 Years? Thats a serious amount of time to get wax off..................

Kidding of course, it is a good off the shelf product but there are others out there that perform far better with less effort.

If anyone is looking for some guidance for washing products, waxing etc then pop the questions up here. Unless you know whats out there its a minefield. Good example is drying towels, you can buy all manner of these in places like halfords from Turtle wax, Meguiars, own brand etc but until you put them up against other products then you won't fully appreciate the difference. Lewis (X7LDA) won't mind me saying this, but last week I supplied him with a pack of 2 drying towels, cheaper than those from the shop with the orange and black sign and he agrees they are a country mile ahead of others in many ways- size, water holding ability, non-streakability ( like that, new word......... ), silk lined, washability, just every way. That wasn't a plug by the way, I do supply them for my customers but I don't make anything on them, just like to see people getting good VFM products to keep their cars looking good.
Like night and day mate... Can't actualy believe just how good they are! :shock:

Car gets the usual wash and clean now and rather than 15mins drying its more like 5...! :thumbsup

I've kept the crap "orange and black sign" one to use it on the under sills, grills and splitter etc - where it's hard to pick up all the dirt in even a good wash.

Going to get some car pics up soon as its recently had a good machine polish by Al and it's looking top - plus the windows are getting tinted tomorrow :mrgreen: