Polished Bliss®: A very special collection of cars...

Take good care of her
tuscan_thunder

Polished Bliss®: A very special collection of cars...

Post by tuscan_thunder » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Something a little bit different here folks. This is a copy of a write up Clark put online yesterday - all his words from here on in.

Those of you who follow us on twitter will have seen some of these pictures last week :thumbsup

This isn't a full write up as such as the time frame to get all these done was a bit crazy but I know some of you will appreciate these kind of cars as they're a bit different to the norm so I've got a collection of afters for you to see :)

This job basically came about after one of our contract customers passed on our details. The owner of these cars had a few select members of a local motoring club coming round for an evening and as a result he needed the cars looking a bit better than they currently were. With only a couple of days available and the cars looking a bit grubby (and covered in WD40 residue previously used to clean them!) the plan was to try and devote an equal amount of time to each one without getting too engrossed in every tiny detail otherwise I'd have been there for weeks! Believe it or not the majority of the cars are regularly used in the summer months :)

As you can imagine I used just about every product I have to hand on all these cars but the following is a pretty close basic process used for each car to get me going with extra bits here and there.

- Dusted down with Lambswool Duster.
- Fully QD'd.
- Auto Finesse Tripple applied to paintwork & wheels.
- Auto Finesse Crystal used to clean the glass.
- Werkstat Prime Strong on all chrome/brass work.
- Leather cleaned and fed with Swissvax products.
- Rubber seals fed with Swissvax Seal.
- Tyres dressed with Swissvax Pneu.

I should add that the pictures were all taken on my compact as Rich had the new SLR with him in Florida so apologies if the quality of some aren't quite up to the normal standards!

Ok so first up we have a 1945 MG TC:

The owner was very particular about having the chrome work on the dash polished as it had tarnished slightly so Prime Strong was used there as well. Swissvax Wood Polish was used on the wood:

Next up was a 1945 Split Screen Morris Minor:

Next to the MM was a 1908 Talbot, it took a while to polish up the brass on this one:

This one is known as a "White" and comes from the USA, as far as I can gather it's from 1905 and has a steam engine. I really grew to like this one as I worked away on it, it was so well built considering its age and is proper luxurious!

Lurking behind the White was an absolute beast of a 1929 Bentley 4.5L, the chrome work came up beautifully again using Werkstat Prime Strong:

Hiding behind the massive Bentley was a late 1920's Bugatti Type 37, Auto Finesse Metal Polish was given a good test on the various components and wheels on this one:

All done :)

I never had to touch this one (Although I did give it a going over with the Lambswool Duster before taking the pics) but I thought it was too good not to share :thumb:

Mileage?....

And one final shot to show the size difference compared to the Bentley which I thought was rather comical, the headlight is about the same size as the mini's wheel!

If anyone has any questions on what products were used for any parts of the cars etc then fire away as I obviously haven't listed every single product for every stage used.

Thanks for looking, I'm fully aware these won't be to everyone's taste but I thought they were pretty cool and I'm chuffed to bits I got to work on such a rare and valuable collection of motors :)
Mair throttle, less brake

Dominic

Re: Polished Bliss®: A very special collection of cars...

Post by Dominic » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:17 pm

Stunning! Love to see these cars. Thanks for posting :thumbsup
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:31 pm

The Mini City with 1074 miles on it is truly eye-opening!
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:37 pm

campbell wrote:The Mini City with 1074 miles on it is truly eye-opening!
Campbell, Really??!?!?!? Bugatti, Bentley,.. and you single out the poverty spec mini?!?!?!? :shock:

Although I have to admit, it caught my attention too :oops: :leave
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:49 pm

;-)
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Simply stunning!
1994 Lotus Esprit S4 - Work in progress
1980 Porsche 924 Turbo - Funky Interior Spec
2004 Smart Roadster Coupe - Hers

philthy

Post by philthy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Nice shots! my dad was more interested than me though! He has had a fair few MG TCs and morris minors in the past.

How come 'White' has an expired UK tax disc still attached? especially since its from the US?
S1 Elige Audi 1.8T
S1 Elise Honda K20
VW T6.1 family bus

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:02 pm

Tut tell us about the time you took that Talbot for a test drive from the showroom.
W213 All Terrain

kerryxeg

Post by kerryxeg » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:50 am

Sanjoy wrote:Tut tell us about the time you took that Talbot for a test drive from the showroom.
:P

There is something about the Bugatti ...........lovely machine. That would be a driving experience.

tuscan_thunder

Post by tuscan_thunder » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:06 am

philthy wrote:Nice shots! my dad was more interested than me though! He has had a fair few MG TCs and morris minors in the past.

How come 'White' has an expired UK tax disc still attached? especially since its from the US?
Guess it would have needed to have been taxed when it was last on the roads over here and it's just been left on since then? It'd be the same as any 'normal' car wouldn't it - can't see why it being form the US would make any difference?

The Mini is properly time-warp spec!

The Bugatti is just lovely; really neat and especially so when you see it near the Bentley and see the size difference!
Mair throttle, less brake