Who to use for paint protection film installation

Take good care of her
Davie

Who to use for paint protection film installation

Post by Davie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:47 am

The Exige has suffered from the usual stone chips on the front end and the sills and I'm planning to get it re-sprayed in the near future. I would like to get a paint protection film fitted to prevent damage in the future. Any recommendations for who can supply and fit ? I'm based in Aberdeen but will to travel to get it fitted
Thanks
Dave
Blue S2 111r

twinrotor2

Re: Who to use for paint protection film installation

Post by twinrotor2 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:40 pm

I got the front of my Elise done last month arranged through Brandon at MMC , I did try to get it done in Aberdeen but the quote I got was double what Brandon arranged.

Jim
Chrome Orange Elise S

mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:16 pm

ProTint in Edinburgh used to do it.. They do lots of dealer work too :thumbsup
Mark MacKenzie

BMW Z4 3.0si, [R14 MMK] To be Ring ready soon

Fancy Ass Merc thingy S [R4 MMK] 85% MacKenzie'd Family Spec

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:45 pm

I purchased the templates for the S1 armourfend but am looking for someone to supply and cut it for me at the moment
If you're not living on the edge you're wasting too much space!

Callummarshall

Post by Callummarshall » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:31 pm

Depends oh fussy you are and how much you want to pay ultimately.

The "best" film on the market at the moment is the xpell stuff, self healing, durable and looks the best(flat and uniform with no orange peel) with a 10 year warranty.

I noticed the other week Clark at Polished bliss in kintore has recently Completed the course so might be worth an email to them, although I don't think they would be all that cheap and I know they have quite a long lead time and I'm unsure if they offer it as a standalone product or more of an add on to their detaling services. but ultimately in my oppinion that would be the very best option, Clark is a proper perfectionist.

I have also seen and heard good things about Revolutions in Perth (Morgan dealer), I did actually get a quote from them for £275 to do my sills I suspect to do the critical areas I the lotus (lower front clam, sills and behind the rear wheels) you'd be £600ish, I'm unsure what film they use.

Callum foster of spotless detailing in Perth also applys xpell and he is a little bit more than revolutions maybe £75 or so. He's also a very good option and well regarded in the porker/Ferrari world.

Or as suggested above there is murrays but I've not looked into them.