Regular Cleaning Contracts?

Take good care of her
rossybee

Post by rossybee » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:48 am

GWhittle wrote:
tenkfeet wrote:Dare I ask how much they charge ?
Its just over £2K per year.

G.
(spits out coffee) :shock:
Ross
---------
1972 Alfaholics Giulia Super
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

Now browsing the tech pages :mrgreen:

:cheers

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:52 am

tut wrote:jj's attitude to car detailing is just not on, so just ordered myself one of them there £1800 tubs of Zymol Queen Bee excrement, sounds like expensive sh*t to me, but have been assured that it will have N1 TUT looking like new.

tut

:damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny Quality post! :thumbsup
Ross
---------
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:59 am

GWhittle wrote:
Stevoraith wrote: Someone wil get a peach of a used car when you eventually decide to sell!

I hope so, although not sure if I would part with it.

With regards to your other comments, its tricky to justify the costs at times, especially to my other half!!!. I don't need a car, I live on a great bus route and my Wife has always been more than happy to drive me places which made the thought of learning, buying, and having all those outgoings which you associate with a car too much hassle...

But something snapped, I for whatever reason (Go Karting for the first time ever, and a friend saying if you like Go Karts - you should test drive a Lotus), for whatever reason I visited MMC and bought the car (I have always loved Elise's too which helped). I was already planning to pass my test and had been practising for a few months in the 307, but I decided I wanted a fun car so I could enjoy driving, otherwise there was no point in doing it (as I didn't need to). I bought the car with a view to having passed my test before delivery, but that didnt work out as I was an hour late due to Forth Bridge road works.

Not to sound arrogant, but it will anyway :? The money is not an issue at this moment in my life. It might be in the future, and has been in the past, but things are going really well just now and for the next 5 or 6 years at least I can enjoy these things without being totally stressed. I would not be spending the money if I didn't have it to spend is what im trying to say without sounding like a d1ck.

Gary (sounding like a d1ck :) ).
Gary - you're not sounding like a d1ck - but my two main cars in the house Caterham R400 & Audi RS6 have a fair value, and if I told my missus that I was gonna shell out £4k p.a. on keeping them both clean, she'd kick my nuts so hard they'd be safer spending the rest of their days in a fecking jar :shock:

I very much subscribe to the theory that cars (interesting ones anyway) are for driving & enjoying, and that worrying too much about dirt or the odd stonechip detracts from that enjoyment IMHO.

I have been known to appear at trackdays and/or runs with a less than gleaming car, but so what? :D

(non-g.j.o.b. faction)

<BG>
Ross
---------
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

EliseR

Post by EliseR » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:05 am

rossybee wrote: Gary - you're not sounding like a d1ck - but my two main cars in the house Caterham R400 & Audi RS6 have a fair value, and if I told my missus that I was gonna shell out £4k p.a. on keeping them both clean, she'd kick my nuts so hard they'd be safer spending the rest of their days in a fecking jar :shock:
Classic line I need to remember that one, I just got the "What the hell is he laughing at look" from the colleagues!

I can understand your point, our 307cc is only 6 months old, but I wouldnt dream of spending even a fiver or ten minutes cleaning it. The Lotus is special to me 8) Saying that, you have two very very cool cars and I might stretch the budget for them to keep spotless and maintained.
rossybee wrote: I very much subscribe to the theory that cars (interesting ones anyway) are for driving & enjoying, and that worrying too much about dirt or the odd stonechip detracts from that enjoyment IMHO.

I have been known to appear at trackdays and/or runs with a less than gleaming car, but so what? :D

(non-g.j.o.b. faction)

You lost me.... non-g.j.o.b? :)

Gary.

ed

Post by ed » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:13 am

Garage Jewelry Owning B@stard! aka Gareth! :wink: :lol:
Octopus Energy Referral Code (£50 each!) share.octopus.energy/light-lynx-588

EliseR

Post by EliseR » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:15 am

ed wrote:Garage Jewelry Owning B@stard! aka Gareth! :wink: :lol:
Ha, I would never have guess that one! :shock:

Gareth

Post by Gareth » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:21 pm

ed wrote:Garage Jewelry Owning B@stard! aka Gareth! :wink: :lol:
Aye but I wouldn't be spending £2K on a cleaning contract for my car. That's nuts!! Bit of elbow grease and do it yourself.

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:40 pm

The Snot is special to me and always will be - the RS6 less so now (after nearly 2 years) hence thinking of moving on :roll:

Funnily enough, no-one has ever called a GJ0B :lol: but I have had "look at your motor - that's a fecking disgrace" type comments in the past :wink:

Generally nothing that a good £100 valet can't sort out :D

Paul & Gareth - I'll refrain from making nasty unproductive & unprovoked comments about you for now about your behaviour verging on OCD

<BG>
Ross
---------
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

EliseR

Post by EliseR » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:43 pm

Gareth wrote:Bit of elbow grease and do it yourself.
I'd end up doing more damage. I spit the dummy out the pram every few hours, I hate when things are not working perfectly - especially when it's me being inept!!! :shock:

I don't even change a light bulb myself :twisted:

Gary.

ExigeKen

Post by ExigeKen » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:58 pm

GWhittle wrote:
Gareth wrote:Bit of elbow grease and do it yourself.
I'd end up doing more damage. I spit the dummy out the pram every few hours, I hate when things are not working perfectly - especially when it's me being inept!!! :shock:

I don't even change a light bulb myself :twisted:

Gary.
Gary your Mrs must be an angel to put up with your antics judgng by some of your recent posts :lol: Where on earth did you find her :?:
2004 Exige S2 1.8 - Ardent Red

2003 RAV4 vvti 2.0 - Baleric Blue shiny version

Don't Fear The Reaper

Back on the road!

simon
Site Admin

Post by simon » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:08 pm

ExigeKen wrote:Where on earth did you find her :?:
http://www.russianbrides.com

:lol:

EliseR

Post by EliseR » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:09 pm

ExigeKen wrote: Gary your Mrs must be an angel to put up with your antics judgng by some of your recent posts :lol: Where on earth did you find her :?:
Shes one in a million :P

You have literally just used the phrase that every friend and family member repeats to me on a regular basis!

If she gets p;ssed off, which she does on occassion, all I can say is she needs to take the rough with the smooth. Some say I am stubborn arrogant and compulsive pr1ck on one hand, but on the other I am loving, caring and very generous.

I work at times 70 hours a week, but I do that so if she want's, she can relax at home (and so I can afford my toys! :twisted: ).

Saying all the above, my friends realise whilst I can at times be a strange individual - I am always down to earth, I always speak my mind, and I am a genuinly nice guy (Don't you just love self praise?).

With me, what you see is what you get, and most people ONCE they get to know me like it. To some it comes across as arrogant, I just reckon i'm misunderstood!

Gary.

ExigeKen

Post by ExigeKen » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:11 pm

simon wrote:

:lol:
Ah so you use that site as well Simon better than being lonely, great if you are in to putting the shot :lol:
2004 Exige S2 1.8 - Ardent Red

2003 RAV4 vvti 2.0 - Baleric Blue shiny version

Don't Fear The Reaper

Back on the road!

Edin430

Post by Edin430 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:21 pm

ExigeKen wrote:
simon wrote:

awwww "2 for the price of 1"....... for everything else theres mastercard

:damnfunny

neil

Post by neil » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:13 pm

GWhittle wrote:
Its just over £2K per year.

G.
:shock: Would the Asda brush option combined with an annual respray not be more effective??