Loss of No Claims...Adrain Flux

Know a good deal ?
paulW

Loss of No Claims...Adrain Flux

Post by paulW » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:32 pm

Insurance renewal is up next week, not renewing with Adrain Flux (Highway) so asked for proof of no claims to be sent out.

Apparently I have 0 years, no claim bonus???

Even though I had two years when taking out the policy, haven't claimed in the last year???

Phoned them up, apparently they do not offer no claims bonus on a "classic" insurance policy??

So claim free year, and I manage to lose all my no claims bonus?? wtf?

Any ideas? shouldn't this have been explained when I took out the policy?

:evil:

paulW

Re: Loss of No Claims...Adrain Flux

Post by paulW » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:57 pm

phoned Highway...quoted policy number...you have 3 years no claims on that policy and a letter can be requested as soon as the policy has lapsed.

They didn't understand why Adrain Flux would have said otherwise. :x

gambler

Post by gambler » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:22 pm

Insurance companies are strange. I had a 320coupe before my M3. Crashed it and caused when i pulled out in front of a transit van which has just put its indicator on and was slowing down. No witnesse though.10k worth of damage to the car.The next year the trippled the premium so i got a quote from elsewhere and it was cheaper than before my smash. Called up the current company to give them the chance of the business, since they paid out for the smash and they basically told me to get lost and that they did not want my business anyway. 6months later i bought the M3 and the cheapest quote was my old insurance company. Declaring the crash etc. So i called them up just to check they would have me back. They said they would love to have me back as a customer. :?
S1 Elise - Shed spec
330d - Dog carrying spec
640d - Grown up spec
Astravan Sportive SE - Supervan spec

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:54 pm

Yes, I think Adrian Flux may be getting confused - they offer a classic car policy which I think is through Royal Sun Alliance and it doesn't accumulate NCB as such, though often if it's not your first car, the new insurer will take into account the time insured without claim whether or not you have NCB. In fact, I think it's your claim history that is far more significant than your NCB - who on here has noticed that their policy goes down in line with accumulated NCB - answer, not many!

Cheers,
Robin
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:51 pm

robin wrote: who on here has noticed that their policy goes down in line with accumulated NCB - answer, not many!
How true - last fault accident I had was in 1991,had then and still have protected no-claims but 2 no fault claims in 5 years and lots of companies won't quote and those that do load the policy - feckers :evil:
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

woody

Post by woody » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:56 pm

Have been doing quotes on the pug with and without my 4 years no claims (I have had a windscreen and the halfwit in the car park at work scrape in the last 3 years). I can insure it for £180 with the no claims, and £320 without.

Need to do a few 160 quotes now to see where to go; have been considering a modern classic policy for it so I can then use the no claims on super Pug.

paulW

Post by paulW » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Not keen on these "negative" approaches to coax people into staying...

After my accident in the Caterham, I was told I would have a 10% increase on my premium...of £240...renewal came in at £750. Other insurers were less than half that.
Then was told if I didn't renew then they would not insure me for the next 2 years. :shock:

All water under the bridge now...3 years ago.

Quite happy to stay with Highway, (they have given me the name and number of a different Broker), got the Elise and the 7 insured with them.

Edin430

Post by Edin430 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:35 pm

I know that if you take out a 10month bonus accelerator with Bell or Elephant it legally only has to be honoured as a years no claims if you renew your policy with the same company.. :evil:

I phoned a couple of people at renewal and they told me they didn't honour 10month policies from those companies!!