Admiral Multi Car not so cheap anymore

Know a good deal ?
woody

Re: Admiral Multi Car not so cheap anymore

Post by woody » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:08 am

philthy wrote:
Lazydonkey wrote: Oh and one of my pals at work had her 1 month old Focus ST stolen from her driveway....she was with admiral and they've been brilliant. 3 weeks after the theft they've agreed to give her full list price for the car and she says she couldn't be happier with the decision and the comms that came before hand. Reassuring.

:thumbsup
Total chalk and cheese with my experience, did she have someone come and interview her for 3 hours writing down everything she said? Apparently that was standard affair for car thefts nowadays.

The once I'd to claim from them they were utter cnut and totally failed to persue the MIB for losses due to an uninsured driver.

Looking on here though, my £400 for the elise and £430 for the Touring kept on the drive in a very quiet area is massivley pricey.

vet111s

Post by vet111s » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:10 pm

So after being impressed by handling of no fault claim last year I'm now a little disappointed in Admiral. Turns out they don't use autoglass for windscreen repair. Got directed to National Windscreens and turns out there is a £25 excess for repair of chips. I have been assured this does not need declared at renewal otherise I'd pay AutoGlass the £55 they'd charge any punter.
Bugger it.

vet111s

Post by vet111s » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Multicar renewal came through-£850 for disco and BMW. Checked with aviva who came up with £765, gave admiral a quick courtesy call and they matched then beat the aviva quote. £760 all in, quite happy with that-a good half hour spent.

Incidentally, that's for business use and with 2 pensioners on both policies so quite happy all together.

djmotorsport

Post by djmotorsport » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:06 pm

When I bought my Exige last July, I added to our existing Admiral MC policy at a cost of £420. Existing cars were/are an 2001 A3 TDi and a 2012 TTS.

This years renewal for all 3 came in at a rather steep £1247 so I tried a few competitors.

I ended up with Direct Line - On their MC policy - TTS was £297, A3 was £156 and Exige S was £156 - All cars have max of 6k/annum - Result!