Chaucer "Family Marque"

Know a good deal ?
robin
Jedi Master

Chaucer "Family Marque"

Post by robin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi All,

Just got my renewal notice from REIS and was pleasantly surprised at it being "just" 307 quid.

In with the renewal guff was a leaflet for a multi-car insurance known as Family Marque. Looks like reasonable cover so will ask them for a quote for our cars. Not optimistic it'll be cheaper, but you don't ask, you don't find out.

Anyone used this already?

Cheers,
Robin
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Re: Chaucer "Family Marque"

Post by tut » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Yep, been with REIS through Mary for years, so got a quote for all the family when the cars were Elise Honda x2, Audi TT 225, Rover 25, MGF, Mitsubishi Pajero. There needs to be one more car than individuals insured.

Problem with us was that the under 25's could not drive the Elise, Audi, Pajero, so I never took it up. However I took one out with Elephant/Admiral for the Audi, MGF, and Rover so that everybody could drive everything. However with Luke at 18 it bumped it up to £2,600, though that was cheaper than any other way of insuring Luke, especially on a TT.

tut

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Should be OK for us - 3 cars, 2 drivers and no under 25s. Will call them on Monday, if I remember and report back what the deal is.

Cheers,
Robin
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:13 pm

Just tell her that you are a friend of tut's Robin, and she should not hit you for more than 50% extra. :D

tut