NFU insurance

Know a good deal ?
kerryxeg

NFU insurance

Post by kerryxeg » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:21 pm

A few people had commented to me that NFU insurance was a good option for the McLaren. So tested the water last night and spent an hour providing the details. The result was amazing, my previous rate with CCI inc 6 track days and 5k miles was good by Mcl standards at £1070, NFU with no trackdays, 4k miles and a lower excess was £270 protected with commuting. CCI require a tracker NFU do not, but it is keeping the premium down so justified with NFU.

This isn't for everyone, if you need track cover or would be in higher risk categories, but certainly worth investigating if you can spare the hour. They have more questions than I've ever come across, and it's useful to have your V5 to hand to help answer some of them.

I'm yet to see the full detail, but they seemed to cover most extras you'd expect like legal, recover, courtesy car etc. You can also pay monthly at no extra charge and my favourite is no policy admin charges for things like plate changes etc. Many of the add ons like protected no claims, insurance tax are now a percentage of the base premium, so getting the base premium as low as possible has a big influence on the final total.

Anyway this looks like a good option so far and I'll be checking the rest of the fleet with NFU as they come up for renewal.

Callummarshall

Re: NFU insurance

Post by Callummarshall » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:54 pm

NFU are very good to deal with from family experience, always genuinely helpful. Dad used them in a claim too was was very painless.

H8OAG

Post by H8OAG » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:17 am

I have taken the liberty of passing your kind comments on NFU mutual to "Blackbird Jim/Farmer Jim" who is a main Board Director.
I am currently lobbying him to get the NFU to provide a fleet policy for Private Individuals.....this could be linked to home contents as well
5 cars
2 Quads
Imminent Motorcycle
Ride on Mower

If one insurer did this properly................they would clean up
Most do not grasp the simple concept..............you can only drive one machine at a time.

:cheers
Younger member of Team Still Game

99 Lotus Elise 111S.....Heterosexual Spec ...S1
BMW Z4M40i
Range Rover Velar
2022 Spec Mini JCW
BMW R9T Scrambler Sport
Monkey Bike with 125cc conversion
Honda 250 Race Quad
Womaniser Liberty

Shug

Post by Shug » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:41 am

H8OAG wrote: Most do not grasp the simple concept..............you can only drive one machine at a time.
Which is the main risk factor, I'll grant you. But they could all burn in the same garage fire....

/devils advocate
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

kerryxeg

Post by kerryxeg » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:11 pm

Follow-up - policy now all in place at the quoted price. Other McOwners are getting similar improvements on their existing policies and some have put several cars on the same policy. I'll try them with the 911, but that will be a tough call as it is on a classic policy which doesn't have no claims accumulation.

renmure

Post by renmure » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:23 pm

Just posting to remind myself about this in a month or so when my 3 biggies all need insured at the same time. Would never have thought of NFU to be honest.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Wanted: Train.

kerryxeg

Post by kerryxeg » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Just change the 911 over to the NFU as well. I can't fault the service just brilliant. i had it on a Classic policy which doesn't accumulate NC, so its difficult to switch. The Classic policy was pretty good but was a hassle to keep with photo updates and agreed valuation discussion etc, so I thought I'd give NFU a shot since they been good with the 12c. NFU matched the NC's on the 12C and like for like 5000mile policy reduced the premium from £268 to £134. They gave me a valuation just to make sure they were in the ballpark and it was higher than my estimate so all good. Very pleased.