Bad boys insurance

Know a good deal ?
Blaque

Post by Blaque » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:05 pm

GregR wrote: As for the admiting liability bit, I'm confused. Was there a third party Personal Injury or accident damage claim?
To give you the background, I came around the tight left-hander before the straight with cottages on coming away from KH. It was pissing down.
When I got around the corner theres a cyclist chugging up the hill on the opposite side of the road. On his wheel and in the middle of the road, are 2 small cars (VW Polos or something like that). To me it looks like they were just about to start overtaking the cyclist. when they saw me they moved back from the cyclist, but not on to their side of the road. If I go to the right, I take the cyclist out, if I go to the left there's a 60 degree hillside, and I'm going to roll the car. I slam on the breaks, and skid into the centre of the road and head on into the first car. The second car goes straight in to the back of the first. I break both bones in my forearm, and fracture a lower vertibre (SP?). No other person was hurt.
I was cautioned for dangerous driving and report was sent to the PF. When I asked the police why I was the only one facing prosecution their answer was "you crossed the centre line" My answer was "but I crossed the centre line because I was braking hard, because someone else was already across the centre line" His answer "we can only report what we have been told"
I have never admited liability, nor have I thought it was in any way my fault (wrong place, right time).
Admiral however, felt that I would be found guilty and admited liability on my behalf, and have paid out the third parties involved.
When I spoke to their Third party claims department yesterday, and said about liablity. I was told she didn't know why I was phoning her, Admiral have already admited liability on your behalf. When I said I didn't believe it was my fault. She said why would it not be at fault, you were overtaking a cyclist going around a 90 degree bend. She then procceded to read out my statement.
Where in that statement does it say the cyclist was on my side of the road, if thats your interpretation what chance do I have.
Got told last week that the PF has been intouch with the insurance company and there is no case to answer.

Sorry :oops: didn't start out as a RANT
No, No! not Bloke. It's pronounced Black, as in Plaque