Bad boys insurance

Know a good deal ?
Blaque

Bad boys insurance

Post by Blaque » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:09 am

Suggestions as to where to get insurance when your present insurer refuses to renew your policy.

TPFT
306 TD (worth about £800)
40 yrs old
3 points (SP30)
1 total loss, that I never admited liability for, but for which the insurance company has kindly admitted blame on my behalf.

/tearing my hair out faction
/another Lotus not looking possible faction
No, No! not Bloke. It's pronounced Black, as in Plaque

Blaque

Post by Blaque » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:29 am

If only I could get the internet quotes to work. Confused comes back with good quotes, but when I go to buy and forwards me on to the individual insurance web site, misteriously that part of there site is down. I've tried 3 and there all the same. Paradoid me? No.

Procurator Fiscal came back with "no case to answer" too. I was thinking, great, but now I'm not so sure, 'cause now I feel I'm being shafted by Admiral, and I don't get to have my say.

craigieb

Post by craigieb » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:38 am

Blaque wrote:Procurator Fiscal came back with "no case to answer" too. I was thinking, great, but now I'm not so sure, 'cause now I feel I'm being shafted by Admiral, and I don't get to have my say.
just when you thought you'd had some good news, sorry to hear that matey :cry: are Admiral just plain refusing to quote? any chance of pursuing the myopic driver who was actually at fault?

...but more to the point
Blaque wrote:40 yrs old
WTF? :shock:
'56 Elise Graphite Grey - written off :[
'03 Golf GTI - the wife's spec
'07 Audi TT - tony and guy spec

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:44 am

the online systems are brutal if you have any claims record :roll:
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

bertieduff

Post by bertieduff » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:12 am

Elephant, heritage & AON all gave me reasonable quotes when everyone else was queueing up to shag me.....

TBH I found the net a waste of time.

Keep plugging away-plenty of companies say they'll insure higher risks- should just be a question of geting a premium you can live with.

Worth buying through a family member with you as a second driver? See some places are now giving second drivers no-claims..

Good luck!
Lotus Corsa
Lotus Wagon R
Lotus Focus
Lotus Collie dug

Blaque

Post by Blaque » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:01 am

craigieb wrote:
...but more to the point
You trying to chat me up?

craigieb

Post by craigieb » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:05 am

Blaque wrote:
craigieb wrote:
...but more to the point
You trying to chat me up?
:ROFL
'56 Elise Graphite Grey - written off :[
'03 Golf GTI - the wife's spec
'07 Audi TT - tony and guy spec

Blaque

Post by Blaque » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:15 am

Going to call Admiral again this afternoon. Taken 1/2 day off. Their refusal was based on the pending conviction, but their claims department has told me that the PF told them there's no case to answer. Not that I want to stay with Admiral. What I really want is for them to admit that they stiched me up by admiting liability on my behalf.

Conspiracy theory. The 2 other cars involved were both small cheap cars. Were possibly insured by companies in the same group as Admiral. I was the only one that didn't walk away. So if they put the blame on me they save themselves not only on the cars, but also a personal injury claim.

MacK

Post by MacK » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:23 am

Contact a lawyer, maybe one who could advise about personal injury claims etc.
Green Subaru Impreza Turbo, a 'classic'.

Silver Jeep Cherokee 2.5 TD, on SORN spec...

Black Disco 3, black van man spec...

campbell

Post by campbell » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:29 am

Also consider referral to the Ombudsman.

Meantime, move your business and if necessary work with a good old fashioned real broker who has experience and will work on your behalf. Forget the internet nonsense for now.

Adrian Flux have been very helpful with me, albeit I don't have your "record" ;-) but you get to talk to a real person who knows a bit about insuring performance cars (and the pitfalls I guess!!)

All the best with this mate, you don't deserve the grief. Rise above it.

Campbell
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Blaque

Post by Blaque » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:54 am

Cheers Campbell,

Might test Admiral later with the Ombudsman word, and gauge their reaction.

bertieduff

Post by bertieduff » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:59 am

I got pissed about big time after my claim last year- for three weeks nobody could tell me where the car was, what was happening etc.

When I lost it and told them I had contacted the ombudsman hey presto- an answer within the hour. Does seem to carry some weight :wink:
Lotus Corsa
Lotus Wagon R
Lotus Focus
Lotus Collie dug

simon
Site Admin

Post by simon » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:05 am

Don't waste your time with Admiral, they are less than useless. Lorraine enquired about a non-fault claim (but didn't proceed with it) with them earlier this year just before her renewal was up. Admiral said that because she'd started a claim then cancelled it, they were still going to remove all her NCB and they might renew it in 6 months time! She politely told them to piss off and phone A-Plan.

Confused.com is owned by the Admiral group so is generally useless as it's highly biased. I have heard a few shocking stories about Adrian Flux to be put off them too.

Heritage seem to have a good rep, my experience of AON was rubbish. There's also Autotorque (who I don't know much about) and Competition Car Insurance who were pretty helpful but couldn't give me a good quote.

Try giving A-Plan a call, they have by far the best insurance company I've dealt with and you get to speak to someone who's first language is English ;)

GregR

Post by GregR » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:06 pm

Internet sites will rodger you if you've any sort of past.

Give direct line a call in the first instance :thumbsup. At your vintage, I would expect a company like Heritage, THB Egger Lawson, AON or the like to quote no probs.

As for the admiting liability bit, I'm confused. Was there a third party Personal Injury or accident damage claim?
Ferrari 458
Porsche 993 C2
Disco V

MacK

Post by MacK » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:23 pm

simon wrote: I have heard a few shocking stories about Adrian Flux to be put off them too.
I've had to use the 'Ombudsman' word with them in the past, and it worked :twisted:
Green Subaru Impreza Turbo, a 'classic'.

Silver Jeep Cherokee 2.5 TD, on SORN spec...

Black Disco 3, black van man spec...