Scottish Elises Xmas Doo and awards Night

Post new Events, Trackdays, etc - then discuss in the sub-forums below
flip flop

Scottish Elises Xmas Doo and awards Night

Post by flip flop » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Ladies, Gentlemen, Fellow SE'rs. I am delighted to announce the 2010 (unofficial) Scottish Elises Christmas Dinner and Awards Charity Night :cheers

The Short Version - Almighty Christmas Pi$$up, party, awards and fundraising on 27th Nov, Brilliant Night (if you want to know where it is stop being lazy and read the long version)

Long Version - The event will be held on Sat 27th November in Broomhall Castle, Menstrie. http://www.broomhallcastle.co.uk and will be a v.smart/formal dress code.

The event will start at 4.30pm with welcome drinks for 5.00 sit down dinner and go on well into the wee hours.

The evening will consist of dinner, Scottish Elises (unofficial) award ceremony - hosted by our very own slightly tipsy auctioneer/compare, a comedian (not the same slightly tipsy auctioneer/compare), cocktail making lessons, a raffle & auction and a disco. For the big kid in us all there will also be a games room with Scalectrix and a car racing arcade game or two.

For the awards there may even be a well known figure from the automobile and entertainment world on hand (but no promises as yet)to present the prizes and if we feed them enough, possibly even pose for photos, we also have a glamourous prize presenter in the form of our very own Jen who is also being a fantastic help in the organisation.

The cost for this extravaganza of petrolheadedness - £50 per person, thats right for less than a tank of petrol you'll have a belter of a night (and sorry probably hangover aswell)

As always this event will be to raise money for charity, which we will detail later but in short is for Kids charities/hospitals this time around.

For those that can, please get your thinking caps on for raffle prizes and auction items, we have plenty of time so lets try and make this a success, please pm myself, Shug or Jen if you can help.

A portion of the ticket price will be donated to charity along with the takings from the raffle/auction but the emphasis is on a really great night, not to be tapping you for dosh at every opportunity.

There will be a run earlier in the day of the 27th, we are deliberately waiting to see who wants a run, where they are coming from and what their changing/accomodation plans are for the night before we decide the start/finish points and times (there will probably be a photo opportunity at the castle at some point though).

We have chosen Broomhall for two reasons A) they made a fantastic job of the food & donations at the last bbq I organised, and B) because Stirling is very nearby and is bang in the middle of Scotland so is fair for everyone.

The pi$$up - sorry - Event itself is open to 100 people and will be split between Scottish elises and pistonheads. We are offering 50 spaces at present to each forum and these are on a first come first served basis, this is largely because the is the first time Ive done such a big event and need to ensure the hall is full. An even split of like minded petrol heads should make some great banter and hopefully mean a few new friends and additions to numbers for trackdays and roadruns. If demand far outstrips supply we have a B plan so nobody will miss out

To secure your space firstly please add your name and no tickets to the list in the meets section and then contact the castle on 01259 763360 to pay for your required number of tickets - quoting Car Forum Dinner 27th November before updating the list to say paid. Deadline for payment is 15th October, if theres any issues please let me, Shug or Jen know.

Once the list is full we will take reserves but please get booked up quickly to avoid disapointment. In other words get your ass into gear, get booked up and come out for the night - ITS GOING TO BE A BELTER!!!

***Read on - only if interested in Accomodation ***

Accomodation details below should be booked on a first come first served and the hotels will not hold rooms unless they are booked. For all bookings quote "Car Forum night" and quote the rate below[/b]

I have some accomodation information ready.

The Castle themselves have 5 free rooms, 2 of these rooms can sleep 3, 2 are doubles/twins and 1 is a suite. (sorry but I didnt go and inspect them although I have no reason to doubt they are any less than the high standard we receive in every other area from the hotel). Cost is £80 per room based on two occupants and includes breakfast. (Budget £95 for the rooms if its 3 in the room). Book on 01259 763360, web details above.

The Stirling Highland Hotel have 30 rooms to date and based on two sharing a twin/double is £110 for the room including two for breakfast. The Highland has full leisure faclities including gym/pool/beauty rooms for anybody wishing to fit in some r&r over the weekend. The hotel is also just a short walk from the Stirling shopping district. tel 01786 272727

Holiday Inn Express have loads of rooms and based on two sharing a twin/double is £69 per room including two for breakfast. The hotel doesnt have leisure facilities but is only a few quid in a taxi from either broomhall or Stirling town center and rail transport links. tel 01786 449922 http://www.expressstirling.co.uk

Abbey Craig B&B have 5 rooms and is one of the nicest b&b's ive come across. The rooms are lovely with all required amenities and the owners are really nice. They are based about 5 miles from the castle and 1 1/2 miles to Stirling town center. Rooms are £56 based on two sharing including Breakfast. tel 01786 463174 http://www.abbeycraig.com
Qualityworktops.co.uk
Thekitchendoctors.net
Glasssplashbackscotland.co.uk

Shug

Re: Scottish Elises Xmas Doo and awards Night

Post by Shug » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:54 am

Andy mate, for £50 that's a no-brainer! I'm in (listed myself in the meets thread) and I'll try to get Elaine available - as it's a glammed up event, it's more likely she'll try to get time off work!

It's been a few years since we had a proper central night out for Chrimbo, so get signed up folks - Stirling isn't really that far from anyone! I really think this will be a great night!
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:00 am

ah sounds epic - might be worth joining the threads?????????
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

flip flop

Post by flip flop » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:16 am

Took me a minute to click what joining the threads meant,

sorry should have thought to do this at the time;

Stick your names down here for the night please http://www.scottishelises.com/phpbb/vie ... =8&t=26822
Qualityworktops.co.uk
Thekitchendoctors.net

mckeann

Post by mckeann » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:28 am

does V smart/formal dress code include jeans and a t shirt/polo shirt????????????????????????????????????????????????

Shug

Post by Shug » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:37 am

Go on apey boy, hire a tux and have the laydeez swooning :mrgreen:
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:40 am

are you kidding - he'll be there in his biking leathers :damnfunny
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

jen
Girl racer

Post by jen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:48 am

KILTS!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And the Awards voting is here. :thumbsup

Jen

mckeann

Post by mckeann » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:00 am

i'll book, asuming the dress code isnt as strict as it appears. I dont do formal, i barely do smart, but i can totally pull of scruffy. You can stick me on the same table as tut if you like :)

campbell

Post by campbell » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:35 am

No, Neil, we need to split up you and Tut, to preserve the Feng Shui of the event.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:03 am

Booked the room so must book for dinner today.

Same situation Neil, can not run to formal, but thanks to taking Verian away for the weekend a while back, she went out and bought me smart casual, including shoes and socks.

tut

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:07 pm

sounds brilliant, we should hopefully be able to make it!
Formerly Known as: ARphotographs
1.6 Sxi Vauxhall Astra: with sport button spec - Sold 8 years ago
1.8 Mk2 Mx-5 : Ginger hairdressing spec - Sold 6 years ago

Only on here because I still itch to get a lotus!

Rag_It

Post by Rag_It » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:20 pm

Nicky and I are up for this! I'll deal with it all tomorrow re booking.

Cheers,

Dave

flip flop

Post by flip flop » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:22 pm

Newsflash - Celeb Awards presenter was confirmed last night - guaranteed to be recognised by everybody on here!!!!!

Now, if you havent done so already get your asses into gear and get your names on the list, its going to be a belter :mrgreen:
Qualityworktops.co.uk
Thekitchendoctors.net

flip flop

Post by flip flop » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:51 pm

Thanks to Shug for kicking some ass in the right places, Bookings/payment now being taken over the phone at the castle for the tickets.

Entertainment is in progress and food options are fantastic.

As per post in the meets section, there are loads of people that will want to go and just havent put their name down yet. We are now at 70% capacity so If you could sign up sooner rather than later it will be a big help.

Thanks

Shug
Qualityworktops.co.uk
Thekitchendoctors.net