Team Scottish Elises

Forum for discussing motorsport events & participation
campbell

Team Scottish Elises

Post by campbell » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:32 pm

This just received from serial lurker Cameron Leask, one time Scooby owner and occasional interloper with SE...
Evening All - hope this finds you well.

You may recall many (many) years ago we had a thing called Team Scottish Elises. There was a website and stickers and everything ;)

The website is long-gone but I still have the domain registration, which expires at the end of March.

So the question is... Are there any good reasons why I should hang on to it? If there are then I'd happily fund the renewal cost (last of the big spenders!) - but if not then I will probably let it go.

Look forward to your thoughts... :)

Cameron
So...if any of you motorsporty types want to pursue this, then please speak up, and I'll put you in touch with Cameron directly. You have until the end of March by the looks of things :-)

Campbell
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

alicrozier

Re: Team Scottish Elises

Post by alicrozier » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:05 am

There is some good history on that website and some novel features (live result uploads etc).
I personally think it would be a good thing to keep going, maybe those competing this year can utilise?

(I still have caps, jacket etc. stickers and cars long since gone...) :D
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

Shug

Post by Shug » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:11 am

Last I heard of it, another member was looking to carry it on - that trickled out though. I think it should be kept, but as I'm not competing in anything and don't have the chance to attend much, then I'm personally not in much of a position to do anything about it. As Ali says, there's a bit of history behind that and even if we had a look at what was going on with competition this year and think about using it as a resource for members looking to compete - definitely worth keeping though.
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:45 pm

Calling Clark Sutherland...wee birdie says you'll still be competing this year ;-)

ClarkyBoy

Post by ClarkyBoy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:27 am

Mornin all!

Yup... I will be competing this year, doing scottish saloons in my mates e36 m3, and I will be doing a few hill events this year also... Just hooked myself up with a gopro too thanks to our good buddies at amp3,

However... I'm not good at all when it comes to writing blogs, build threads, or anything like that - which could be an issue, however I will have loads of pictures, vids and results over the coming year, as I will still do a couple of hill events and possibly some other stuff.... ;-)
Vanlife Sprinter
E30 318is / axle stand spec
987.2 Cayman S
[#]=///=[#] ‘88 Panda 4x4
BSA B31
MF35
Stiga Tornado
Many Bicycles

greyrigg

Post by greyrigg » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:15 pm

I'm hoping to do a couple of events in the old F3 car this year.

Can't get it ready for Monaco so that'll have to wait for 2014...............................

Just have to see how time and money pan out but I'll post some stuff about it if anyone's interested.

Malcolm

gambler

Post by gambler » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:48 pm

I will be back in Time Attack this year and possibly a round of Scottish Saloons too. I have been moved up into Club Pro class so i will have my work cut out
S1 Elise - Shed spec
330d - Dog carrying spec
640d - Grown up spec
Astravan Sportive SE - Supervan spec

campbell

Post by campbell » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:20 pm

Update for you all.

Cameron will retain the domain registration for the site (team-scottish-elises.co.uk), however the original pages have long gone and therefore any new site needs to be discussed between Cameron and those who might be interested to contribute to it. I'd have run point on this but cannot be sure I can get involved this year, yet. So you can reach Cameron at cameron [at] escrivo [dot] com.

What may make this less daunting for you all is that even the original site was intended to make updates a real doddle, eg by simply emailing them in, and the advance in internet technology since then may mean that it's even simpler now....I have no idea, mind you....

Over to you guys.

Campbell