Alford Speedfest 2015

Forum for discussing motorsport events & participation
anthonyyule

Alford Speedfest 2015

Post by anthonyyule » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:35 am

Date has been confirmed as Sunday 5th July to avoid the obvious clash with Goodwood FoS at the end of June.

OK - so there is a clash with the British GP, but as most of us have Sky+ nowadays it was viewed as a lesser evil. Hopefully we should be able to attract more exhibitors this year as many were already booked for FoS by the time we got in contact with them last year.

Watch this space for updates....... we organised the event in 6 months last year (GTM politics)..... but this year we will be much better organised 8)

dlogan

Re: Alford Speedfest 2015

Post by dlogan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Anthony, what would the view be on having karts on the circuit? I know grampian kart club had a static display before but is the surface smooth enough? and it would be impressive spectacle and good promotion. It would need some numbers to make it interesting and display runs only not racing, but it could be an alternative. Can discuss off line if there is any potential.

If not no worries at all.

GBOBM

Post by GBOBM » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Roughly when do tickets become available for the event?
1999 MX5 1.8 SE - Pikey fun spec
2006 Focus 1.6TDCI - Dull, sensible, commuter spec
2006 Mondeo - Dull, sensible, towing spec
1992 Bay Mare - 1 Horsepower jumping machine

anthonyyule

Post by anthonyyule » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:26 pm

GBOBM wrote:Roughly when do tickets become available for the event?
Probably not until around May 2015 I reckon.
I'll let everybody here know in plenty time though and will update regularly as soon as we have more firm plans

GBOBM

Post by GBOBM » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:27 pm

anthonyyule wrote:
Probably not until around May 2015 I reckon.
I'll let everybody here know in plenty time though and will update regularly as soon as we have more firm plans
:thumbsup
1999 MX5 1.8 SE - Pikey fun spec
2006 Focus 1.6TDCI - Dull, sensible, commuter spec
2006 Mondeo - Dull, sensible, towing spec
1992 Bay Mare - 1 Horsepower jumping machine

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:37 pm

You can pay at the door, it's not Goodwood. :lol:

Steve.

anthonyyule

Post by anthonyyule » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:55 pm

C7Steve wrote:
You can pay at the door, it's not Goodwood. :lol:

Steve.
Not yet Steve :thumbsup

anthonyyule

Post by anthonyyule » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:13 pm

dlogan wrote:Anthony, what would the view be on having karts on the circuit? I know grampian kart club had a static display before but is the surface smooth enough? and it would be impressive spectacle and good promotion. It would need some numbers to make it interesting and display runs only not racing, but it could be an alternative. Can discuss off line if there is any potential.

Sounds interesting - let me discuss it at my meeting on sunday and Ill PM you with an update 8)

anthonyyule

Post by anthonyyule » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:01 pm

anthonyyule wrote:
dlogan wrote:Anthony, what would the view be on having karts on the circuit? I know grampian kart club had a static display before but is the surface smooth enough? and it would be impressive spectacle and good promotion. It would need some numbers to make it interesting and display runs only not racing, but it could be an alternative. Can discuss off line if there is any potential.

Sounds interesting - let me discuss it at my meeting on sunday and Ill PM you with an update 8)
We loved the idea...... can you drop me a PM so we can discuss some more? :thumbsup

anthonyyule

Post by anthonyyule » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:10 pm

anthonyyule

Post by anthonyyule » Tue May 12, 2015 2:47 pm

**SIT-REP**

Entries are now closed for competitors.... thanks to everybody on here that has applied to enter. We have received so many applications, and its going to be a tough job to pick the final selection.

Trade stand space has also now all been allocated. We have exhibitors from Lamborghini/ Ferrari/ Bentley/ Maserati/ McLaren/ Lotus/ Porsche/ Aston Martin and Rolls Royce coming along. Some of them may even be bringing some race cars (or sssssssh - some special cars!). We will also have representatives from various motorsport related clubs - Scottish Rally Championship should be laying on a demonstration, Blata-Scotland will be putting on a few short races with their championship contending mini-moto GP bikes, Aberdeen Drifters should be back again to smoke up the track.. and hopefully the Grampian Kart Club will also be coming along to display a stand and to put on some short demonstration races too.

Plus lots more very exciting things which you'll just have to come along and look out for yourself!

Myself and my co-organisers are now entering the final planning stages for the event to ensure that the programme of events run smoothy on the day.

Tickets should go on sale very shortly and can be purchased online for the first time!! Advance ticket sales will also attract a ticket to ride in one of the sports cars on the morning. More information can be found on our website: http://www.alfordspeedfest.co.uk or come and like us on the Facebook page.