Should Red Bull abandon F1?

Forum for discussing motorsport events & participation
campbell

Post by campbell » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:51 pm

Would anyone give a sh!t? Other than loyal employees and subcon suppliers, obviously.

I think they have painted themselves into a corner and should be left to their fate...

Red Bull hold engine crisis talks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34484276
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

fd

Re: Should Red Bull abandon F1?

Post by fd » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:21 pm

If it'll stop the petulant, never ending, bitching and whining then let's hope they abandon F1, F1 certainly seems to have abandoned them and for good reason.

Hopefully that tw@t yes/no Horner will *uck off as well.

BigD

Post by BigD » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:29 pm

fd wrote:If it'll stop the petulant, never ending, bitching and whining then let's hope they abandon F1, F1 certainly seems to have abandoned them and for good reason.

Hopefully that tw@t yes/no Horner will *uck off as well.
[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:27 pm

I'm not bothered about Red Bull or Torro Rosso being there but the loss of 2 teams would be fairly disastrous for the sport in general & 4 less cars on the grid won't do anything to maintain interest.
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

campbell

Post by campbell » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:54 pm

Bernie needs taught a bloody lesson though.

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:08 pm

F1 really needs a radical overhaul and it's never going to get I while Bernie is drawing breath. I read that the mooted purchasers of the F1 brand want to keep him on to oversee it . He sells what he owns, gets to keep it, earns from it and resells it a few years down the line...... :? :shock:
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

StiflerMR2

Post by StiflerMR2 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:24 pm

I'm actually a big fan of red bull. They showed what "just a drinks company" can do in F1 and have brought in some fantastic drivers that might not never have made it to F1.

Also joe public does not have the full story...Renault kiboshed the illmor engine with petulant one upman ship which never came to fruition (I.e. The lied to Red Bull about the engine development)

It's fashionable to hate them, and I understand that without doing some research how you could see them as whiney...but if you do some research I think your opinion would change.

Finally, all they are asking for is a comparable engine, why enter a gunfight with a knife?

campbell

Post by campbell » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:57 pm

Fair angle.

I don't hate them.

But they give the impression their limitless funds make them unassailable.

Edit: recent quote from Renault...
Renault Sport boss Cyril Abiteboul told Autosport: "Frankly, when you see the way we have been treated, it's going to be a very difficult sell to my board and to my executive management to do something else to what is currently planned."
No biggie. Just sayin' ;-)

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:03 am

campbell wrote:Bernie needs taught a bloody lesson though.
That lesson being $500million paid in order for RedBull/TorroRosso to leave. Yeah, I am sure that's going to sting ...
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:08 am

j2 lot wrote:F1 really needs a radical overhaul and it's never going to get I while Bernie is drawing breath. I read that the mooted purchasers of the F1 brand want to keep him on to oversee it . He sells what he owns, gets to keep it, earns from it and resells it a few years down the line...... :? :shock:
The mooted buyers are surprisingly anonymous. Surprising only until you realise that they don't exist :-) Bernie is full of sh*t and feeds the media endless stories to manipulate players. Take a look back at various Bernie-sourced stories - how many of them have been remotely true? Return to V8/V10/V12, customer cars, etc., etc. One thing I've realised over the last few years is that listening to Bernie is at best entertainment :-)

Cheers,
Robin
#bemoretut

campbell

Post by campbell » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:10 am

Ha ha, I read that too.

Bright spark, that old bean.

In which case it just comes down to livelihoods of the innocent and helpless team members impacted.

In which case Red Bull must definitely stay.

And maybe they can buy an engine from VW Audi.

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:31 am

Bollocks to the French........

Remember Agincourt.

tut

StiflerMR2

Post by StiflerMR2 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:23 am

Renault Sport boss Cyril Abiteboul told Autosport: "Frankly, when you see the way we have been treated, it's going to be a very difficult sell to my board and to my executive management to do something else to what is currently planned."
No biggie. Just sayin' ;-)[/quote]

Ah yes, poor Renault:

Meanwhile, Red Bull had funded its own engine development programme with the British Ilmor company.
By early summer, it had produced a new engine design that it believed would be 0.45secs a lap quicker than the current one.

Renault was doing its own parallel development. After being told about Ilmor's progress, Renault said its development engine was worth an extra 0.46secs, and it would pursue that design.

Later, that step forward was downgraded to 0.25secs. Now, Renault is telling Red Bull the new engine that is due to debut at the US Grand Prix next month will gain them 0.15secs. Red Bull is questioning whether that gain is worth the grid penalties using it would incur.

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:48 pm

campbell wrote:Ha ha, I read that too.

Bright spark, that old bean.

In which case it just comes down to livelihoods of the innocent and helpless team members impacted.

In which case Red Bull must definitely stay.
They would probably sell the team rather than close it; the new owners would use Renault and/or Ferrari and/or Honda engines over the coming seasons; the majority of the people in the teams would stay employed, I guess.
And maybe they can buy an engine from VW Audi.
I hear that VAG have 11 million 1.6 TDI engines available, going cheap, track use only.

May not be faster than the Renault engine, but I expect McLaren might be interested :-) There is no way that VAG are going to produce an F1 engine in the next couple of seasons - they are talking about laying people off in their factories - that is not going to be popular and will not sit well alongside spunking a load of cash in F1.

Cheers,
Robin
#bemoretut

campbell

Post by campbell » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:54 pm

The VW bit was tongue in cheek ;-)