Whiplash

Anything goes in here.....
mac

Re: Whiplash

Post by mac » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:37 am

Why not speak to Russel Gibbons whilst the car's down there - see what else they can tweak on it for you.

With Mr Rolfe in your corner you can be sure the "rug munchers" will be picking up the bill :thumbsup
S2 Elise (cobalt blue with stripes) - toy spec
Caterham 7 - hillclimb spec
Yamaha Thundercat - 2 wheeled toy spec

PhilA

Post by PhilA » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:47 am

http://www.peacheytherapyclinic.co.uk/
i can recommend Natasha if you ever need a good osteopath.
ive been to a few, having had neck problems ever since i crashed my road (pedal) bike into the back of a bmw.
others have relieved pain, but she is the best ive been to by far.
Phil

Ford Focus Sport

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:10 pm

Scotty C wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

That’s not good. I hope thing work out for you and that time is a healer.

The doctor said that the symptoms I have are classic sign of whiplash, the main cause of my numbness is when vertebrae 4 and 5 have slipped/detached from each other and damage/nipped the nerve in my spine the nerve them runs to the junction box in my armpit and then down my arm.

I have been on a bit of a downer this weekend, I can not imagine what you are going thru.

Scotty C
sorry to hear this Scotty :( . Really hope that as you say say time is a healer and that you recover to full health..
1995 Volvo 940SE Estate

Modena Scotland

Post by Modena Scotland » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:24 pm

Scotty C wrote:

I have been invited down for a day at a later date, so its not if I am missing out.
I've done the tour at the factory and drove on their track earlier this year. It was ok but nothing tooooo exciting.

Would have been better if they let me drive the 2-11 though.

I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
A Senna

Shared SE Calendar

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:37 pm

Similar to my decision in July 2005 Scotty when I had then gone from crutches to wheelchair. However I had no option as without an op, it would be wheelchair leading on to paralysis.

Diagnosis was that the op could cause paralysis, 20%, there would be no change, 50%, or it could improve, 30%. So for me fairly easy. However it took them six months to pin down the cause, spinal nerve trapped between two vertebrae in the neck, and only then by using a new experimental MRI scanner.

However they have now got a new latest state of the art one, so it should show up your problem. You also have time on your side, and mine was compounded by three separate accidents, so I would feel confident that they could go for 100% success.

I feared though that I was probably on borrowed time, and that has now proven to be the case. As the numbness has returned, I have had two MRI's, but the nerve has continued to deteriorate, so there is nothing else that they can do.

However if I get speed nabbed again, then I am going to have to come out with one hell of a sob story. Got radar hit by an unmarked BMW going to Alford yesterday morning. Had checked the Web site and saw that they were on the A944, so drove the whole way from Old Deer below 65, apart from overtaking two 50 tutters three miles from Alford, which is where they were sitting. So pissed off with myself, that I did not even bother with the incontinence or angina attack excuse, so now siting on 11 points.

So no points in 50 years of driving, in the old days from pub to pub if you did not wrap the car around a tree on the way there, now 11 points in the past year since I got N3.

OAP's and S/C Hondas are obviously not an ideal combination.

tut

ps anybody know what the routine is if I get another 3 points which would take me over the 12? Obviously a ban, but is there a standard 3 or 6 months, or does it depend on the judge/magistrate/Procurator fu*kpig?

Also do your points go back to zero, or do you keep some?

Modena Scotland

Post by Modena Scotland » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:44 pm

Sorry to hear that Tut :(

I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
A Senna

Shared SE Calendar

Cisco

Post by Cisco » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:47 pm

Scotty,

Fingers crossed for you (no pun intended).

Tut,

You might find this site of interest.

http://www.pbmagforum.com/forum13/

Take care,

Frank

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:58 pm

tut wrote:
ps anybody know what the routine is if I get another 3 points which would take me over the 12? Obviously a ban, but is there a standard 3 or 6 months, or does it depend on the judge/magistrate/Procurator fu*kpig?

Also do your points go back to zero, or do you keep some?

Tut,
Standard 6 month ban for 'totting-up' (unless you've previously had a ban longer than 54 days in which case it's 1 year). If you've had 2 bans then it's 2 years!!! :shock:

Can be reduced or no ban in the normal way if mitigating circumstances, exceptional hardship etc.

Afterwards you're back to zero - but see above!

Back on topic - need to start a 'breakneck speed' club. :D
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

caleebra

Post by caleebra » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:10 pm

sh*t, only just saw this (I am crap at keeping up with fori) and the original thread, gutted to hear of your accident and subsequent aches and pains :cry: Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Now would be a good time to take up drinking whisky! It has medicinal properties I'm sure 8)
Lee
[flamesuit] VX220 owner[/flamesuit]

Scotty C
Meat

Post by Scotty C » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:21 pm

Still on pain killers and anything more then 1/2 bottle wine just makes me feel really ill (well it did on Sunday)

Finally had my x-ray done today, I now have to wait 7-10 days for the results :twisted: I wish I had gone private now.
"Here for a good time not a long time"

renmure

Post by renmure » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Obviously in my "worky times" I see a fair bit of neck injury / whiplash / disc stuff. It is stating the obvious to say that everyone has to be treated individually but it it the case that in general terms most folk make a full recovery without surgery. Dispite the fact that it is what I do professionally ... IMHO, I wouldn't be looking for any aggressive manipulation / mobilisation from an Osteopath / Physio / Chiropracter too soon. When you see the mechanism of injury in cases of whiplash it really isn't rocket science to see what has gone on inside the neck, and being fairly conservative in relation to getting better is the way to go. Getting the disc material to stop pushing on the nerve is a bit like trying to get toothpaste back into the tube .. best done gently :D
Last edited by renmure on Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Wanted: Train.

GregR

Post by GregR » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:40 pm

yeah - best done with a drill :twisted:
Ferrari 458
Porsche 993 C2
Disco V

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:18 pm

tut wrote:I am f*cked on points soon what can I do ?
http://www.freemankeepondriving.com/
W213 All Terrain

Edin430

Post by Edin430 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:43 pm

Sanjoy wrote:
tut wrote:I am f*cked on points soon what can I do ?
http://www.freemankeepondriving.com/
"We can defend your case and arrange representation at Court, anywhere in England and Wales, at competitive rates"...

:(

Get better soon mate :thumbsup

Victor Meldrew
Location: Unable to use location services. Please turn on your wifi....

Post by Victor Meldrew » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:30 am

Scotty C wrote:Still on pain killers and anything more then 1/2 bottle wine just makes me feel really ill (well it did on Sunday)

Finally had my x-ray done today, I now have to wait 7-10 days for the results :twisted: I wish I had gone private now.
Scotty, been out of the loop recently, this is a real bummer that your starting to get problems with the neck... hopefully it will just go away itself when the swelling goes down..

Re- the HANS device, the seatbelts that come with the 211 are (correct me if I am wrong) the ASM type shroth belts.. Shroth do not recomend using a HANS device with ASM type belts so these would need to be changed as well. So even more expense but the factory belts would sell easy at near MRP.... or you caould try asking Lotus to fit non ASM belts from the factory..

Tut. bad knews about the numbness coming back, maybe Noops and me need to pop up for a visit with some Malt to held settle it down...
Well it moves... might as well make the most of it....