visit to Murrays

Anything goes in here.....
111Robin

Post by 111Robin » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:19 am

Joking aside, I'd be interested to hear more from Andrew on his test drive and the problems they seem to be having. I haven't driven a S/C Exige therefore wouldn't be able to compare the two however I'm really only interested in a direct comparison with the 111R. I just find the lack of torque low down a bit of a pain sometimes and will only be considering a S/C Elise if it significantly better in this respect. I love the 111R 85% of the time but the extra torque would hopefully make up the remainder.

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:28 am

I have driven the Sc Exige and where you have the lack of poke when off 2nd cam in a 111r, in the SC is simply goes. It would mean way less stirring of the cogs on track, although there is not that much performance difference on track between the SC and NA cars.
Overtaking is tremendous. Very impressed with the performance of the engine and was keen to look at SC-ing mine at one stage before i realised the bill for the engine work was going to be £5-7k minimum.

There is a reason we laughingly refer to the Supercharged cars as "talent maskers!"

Not sure why anyone would go for the SC Elise when the Exige is also there though with the new PPS pack. Very nearly bought an SC Exige last year, but couldn't face losing another £10 in year 1 :shock: :D

A used SC Exige S would be a great result and avialable for around £25k-ish shortly i would have thought. already seen a couple at that price.
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

Burnetto

Post by Burnetto » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:17 am

Hi DJ,

The 111s you mentioned used to be mine. Great Car and FYI the exhaust is a Larini Clubsport with Pipercross induction, Sounds spot on, so much so I kind of miss it!!

I never bothered to fit the De-cat pipe which was nearly brand new. The back box itself was sufficiently pleasing especially when tunnel searching.

Jamie

ryallm

Post by ryallm » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:58 am

111Robin wrote: I just find the lack of torque low down a bit of a pain sometimes and will only be considering a S/C Elise if it significantly better in this respect. I love the 111R 85% of the time but the extra torque would hopefully make up the remainder.
I'd agree with you there. Love my Exige, and for what I use it for it is near perfect, except for the lack of low down torque which sometimes can be a bit frustrating on the road. I have driven a 240R and an Exige S back to back with my own car a couple of times and they certainly sort out the torque issue, so I guess the Elise SC would be good and grunty in the low/mid range too - but in terms of outright pace when you are working the car hard even the 240 wasn't as big a step on from my own car as I was expecting. Mind you, with the uprated brakes etc the new Exige PP looks a great package. If I didn't have another expensive addiction to satisfy (see avatar) I might be tempted :) .

Mark

DJ

Post by DJ » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:45 am

Cheers Jamie

Larini Clubsport was my guess as peeking through the alloys I thought I could make out twin boxes, but MMC said they thought it was a full Janspeed system :!: :scratch ...... as they state on their website !

Know what I want from Santa now.

Dickson
'03 Elise 111S - Sold :(
'55 Boxster S - Sold :(
'08 Exige S 240PP - Sold :(
'10 Evora NA - Sold :(
'12 Cayman R :)

Bada Bing!

Post by Bada Bing! » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:20 pm

Andy G wrote:A used SC Exige S would be a great result and avialable for around £25k-ish shortly i would have thought. already seen a couple at that price.
I've seen a few now on the Lotus dealer network for between 29k and 32k, which is looking about right for me once I get my bonus around March.

Every Exige S I've seen at MMC has been 40k with the exception of the blue one they have at the moment, so I'm hoping now the Exige S PP is out, it's cooling the 2nd hand values of the standard car (saving me a trek down south to get one).

I've driven the Exige S too, and although I wasn't blown away by the performance, I thought it would be a much nicer car to drive every day like I do my 111R.
Gaz

"Ram it baw deep"