Watch lovers?

Anything goes in here.....
Gareth
Posts: 4959
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:19 pm
Location: The Moon

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by Gareth » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Sanjoy wrote:Wow they lost it, no damages?
Well, Royal Mail lost it.....so from today sporting a brand new (discounted for hassle) Panerai Sub 24.

User avatar
Sanjøy
Posts: 8592
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:23 pm
Location: Edinburgh Hamptons

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by Sanjøy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:39 pm

GTS
330d
W212 wagon
Madone 5.2 (snapped :( )

User avatar
Ferg
Posts: 3736
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Auld Reekie

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by Ferg » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:22 am

Anyone have experience of ChrisWard watches? Found something I quite like but have a nagging feeling I've heard mixed reviews.
ExigeSport350
Legacy
SoapBox

tonyg
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Gone to the dark side

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by tonyg » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Ferg wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:22 am
Anyone have experience of ChrisWard watches? Found something I quite like but have a nagging feeling I've heard mixed reviews.
I bought one of the Lotus 7 club editions when they came out -

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/l7c-range

No complaints, i didn't go price checking as to how good value it was.I hate metal watch straps so bought it with a leather strap which is of pretty good quality.
Toyota Aygo (Puddlejumper 3)
Now in stealth mode (well almost)

User avatar
graeme
Posts: 3379
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:29 am
Location: Kintore

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by graeme » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Yes, big fan of CW. If you find a style you like, I doubt you'll have any regrets over quality or value for money.

User avatar
Ferg
Posts: 3736
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Auld Reekie

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by Ferg » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:09 am

Found one I like, and seems good value. I'll report back if I go for it. :)
ExigeSport350
Legacy
SoapBox

User avatar
a4drk
Posts: 2038
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by a4drk » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:23 am

Ferg - I sent my Tag There to get the pull out screw replaced. Came back not the same watch.
The stop watch hand doesn’t line up exactly at 12 oclock. Every so slightly off (about quarter of a second - just annoying )




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Two negatives make a positive but only in Scotland do two positives make a negative - 'Aye right.'

S2 Exige
BMW 435d M Sport
Work Horse - Ford Transit - Full of crap spec....... 170bhp one :-)

User avatar
Sanjøy
Posts: 8592
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:23 pm
Location: Edinburgh Hamptons

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by Sanjøy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:51 pm

a4drk wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:23 am
Ferg - I sent my Tag There to get the pull out screw replaced. Came back not the same watch.
The stop watch hand doesn’t line up exactly at 12 oclock. Every so slightly off (about quarter of a second - just annoying )




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You sent your Tag to CW?
GTS
330d
W212 wagon
Madone 5.2 (snapped :( )

User avatar
Ferg
Posts: 3736
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Auld Reekie

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by Ferg » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:49 pm

I've been looking for a watch for ages and got very fussy. The first one I saw that I really wanted was a Sinn pilots watch but they only do 40m which don't look right on my large wrists. Plus they are a little out my budget right now as are the full on divers watches I'd really like one day. Always admired CW watches but never quite found one that floated my boat. Just ordered a C8 Flyer Automatic.

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c8-fl ... tic-466789#
ExigeSport350
Legacy
SoapBox

User avatar
DDtB
Dodgy Dave the Ba***rd
Posts: 5002
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:18 pm

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by DDtB » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:20 pm

My snoopy is about to be sold .. if anyone here fancies it you’ve got about 24 hours to let me know or it’s heading south to a stranger.!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Ferg
Posts: 3736
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Auld Reekie

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by Ferg » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:44 pm

DDtB wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:20 pm
My snoopy is about to be sold ..
That is a very very nice watch 👍
ExigeSport350
Legacy
SoapBox

User avatar
mik
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:28 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by mik » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Ferg wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:49 pm
I've been looking for a watch for ages and got very fussy. The first one I saw that I really wanted was a Sinn pilots watch but they only do 40m which don't look right on my large wrists. Plus they are a little out my budget right now as are the full on divers watches I'd really like one day. Always admired CW watches but never quite found one that floated my boat. Just ordered a C8 Flyer Automatic.

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c8-fl ... tic-466789#
Nice 8)

I have a C11 MSL and a C1000 Typhoon.

Did you use the current £100 off code? "MOD10" ?

If not - cancel and reorder mate!
2014 Evora S Sports Racer for him
2017 Jaguar F-Pace 3.0D S for her

User avatar
Ferg
Posts: 3736
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Auld Reekie

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by Ferg » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:45 pm

Doh... wasn't aware of the code and it's already in transit.
ExigeSport350
Legacy
SoapBox

User avatar
mik
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:28 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by mik » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:49 am

I got it wrong - It's 10% off as opposed to £100 off.

I'd comtact Customer Service and see what they can do. They know you can use their 60day return policy if you aren't happy.
2014 Evora S Sports Racer for him
2017 Jaguar F-Pace 3.0D S for her

User avatar
Mikie711
Posts: 4100
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: Aberdeen.

Re: Watch lovers?

Post by Mikie711 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:52 am

Ferg wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:49 pm
I've been looking for a watch for ages and got very fussy. The first one I saw that I really wanted was a Sinn pilots watch but they only do 40m which don't look right on my large wrists.
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c8-fl ... tic-466789#
I have a Sinn, worst watch I ever bought. Flew home one time and the face exploded outward, very fragile and not very accurate. Had to get the glass, which is actually plastic, replaced before it blew up. Complete waste of money.
Golf R (daily spec)
T6 (rebuild house spec)
Mk1 Escort (Still a bare shell spec)
Ducati Supersport S (:D )
Ducati Scrambler FT (Wife’s bike)

Post Reply