Edinburgh all day parking - Rose St (Waverley Station end)

Anything goes in here.....
Scottd

Edinburgh all day parking - Rose St (Waverley Station end)

Post by Scottd » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:00 am

Get the train from Dundee normally but am thinking about takin the car (elise) to work occasionally. Just to break up the routine or in case I need to pick summin up etc. So looking for the cheapest parking near Rose St. Office is just across from the back of Jenners/BHS.

cheers

scott

The_Rossatron

Post by The_Rossatron » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:18 am

Parking is a bit of a nightmare around here. Omni centre is £14 a day!

Free parking down the side streets around London Road if you want a bit of a walk though, and it's difficult to find spaces.
"There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling right now."
Ferrari F355, Fiat Panda 100HP, Rover Mini Cooper

http://www.allflashnocash.com

Scottd

Post by Scottd » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:24 am

£14 :(
London Road, that around the back of the Station? I don't start until 10 so that might? be to my advantage when lookin for spaces :-/ Or not...

scott

The_Rossatron

Post by The_Rossatron » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:39 am

Yeah, if your walking from Waverly take the exit that backs onto calton Road, then walk up towards the back of the St James Centre and continue down towards the Playhouse, take a right and the big roundabout and thats London Road.

You can't actually park on London Road itself but one of the side streets.

Scottd

Post by Scottd » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:48 am

lol just looked at your profile, Video Game Level Designer, erm we don't work at the same place do we - DC Studios? :lol: I havn't met everyone here yet. Or u at Rock Star?
An what is it w Elises an games companies. Including mine there were 3 S1's in the car park at Visual Science in Dundee - common as muck!

scott

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:49 am

Edinburgh is one of the most car-unfriendly cities in the UK now. But not in a managed way, more a case of "we're just going to make it difficult for you but without providing strong enough alternatives". Though it is slowly getting better.

Anyway, Castle Terrace Car Park (10 mins walk along to west end from your office) is probably nearer £10 a day so a bit better than Omni.

We used to park in the Comely Bank area and walk up - about 20 mins - but that's too far west for you really, and anyway they are tightening things up there because they don't want to allow free parking, and in fairness the residents now struggle to park freely enough.

I am surprised that you are brave enough to fight the Forth Bridge of a morning, but I guess if starting at 10am then you can miss the worst of it. In which case, worth thinking about parking further out and hopping bus or train to the centre...Ingliston Park & Ride is great, free parking and about a pound each way on an express bus to Princes St. 25-30 mins rush hour, 20 outwith so pretty good for you I guess. Also Hermiston Gait car park at end of M8 spur, "unofficial" park and ride for Edinburgh Park station. About £3 return into Waverley, trains every 15-20 mins generally.

Or Murrayfield Road, easily accessible from Queensferry Road which would be your normal route in, free parking and bus stop down on main road with loads of buses into town every few mins. That proved to be our most popular parking spot after Comely Bank, I guess!

Enjoy. (not)

Campbell
(frustrated commuter faction)

The_Rossatron

Post by The_Rossatron » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:54 am

That would have been a small world! I'm at Rockstar, I had a few friends who were contract testers at DC though, I thought DC had moved to Glasgow? I also had a couple of friends at Vis Sci who got made redundant :(

Scottd

Post by Scottd » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:10 pm

Cheers Campbell, Ingliston Park & Ride sounds sensible :) . No idea what traffic is like on the bridge at that time, this may turn into a one off trip/experiment.

Apparently DC is going to move the Glasgow operation thro here into the old VIS offices (I worked here for a while when it was VIS a few years ago - feels a bit strange coming back).

Yea was a shame about Vis Sci, you'd think I would of learned my lesson tho, having been with VIS when they went under 11 months earlier! :roll:

scott

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:22 pm

Scott,

If you look at this site at the relevant times of day, it might give you a feel for traffic levels.

http://www.trafficscotland.org/views.asp?mi=edincam.gif

Campbell

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:36 pm

There is always the option of dumping it in my underground lair. EH39LP. Carpark is empty during the day.
W213 All Terrain

The_Rossatron

Post by The_Rossatron » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:28 pm

Scottd wrote:An what is it w Elises an games companies. Including mine there were 3 S1's in the car park at Visual Science in Dundee
We used to have 3 in our car park too!