my second home

Anything goes in here.....
brian

Re: my second home

Post by brian » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Sorry to hear this Tut.
Hope all the tests are clear and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Brian

campbell

Post by campbell » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:38 pm

brian wrote:Sorry to hear this Tut.
Hope all the tests are clear and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Brian
The one for mental age will probably come back about 20-something :damnfunny
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

MacK

Post by MacK » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Hope you get fixed up and home soon Tut,

take it easy and enjoy a Laphroig or 2. :cheers
Green Subaru Impreza Turbo, a 'classic'.

Silver Jeep Cherokee 2.5 TD, on SORN spec...

Black Disco 3, black van man spec...

Peter76

Post by Peter76 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:02 pm

You need to take it easy Tut. Never a dull moment with you! Hope you're better soon.
2008 VW Golf R32
2013 BMW 330d X Drive M Sport

Jacobite

Post by Jacobite » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 pm

get well soon M8
The faintest ink is more Powerful than the strongest memory.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by what takes our breath away

kevham

Post by kevham » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:03 pm

Get well soon Tut.
My racing blog: www.racingfive.co.uk

2001 VX220 NA - SOLD
2002 Seat Alhambra - family towcar shed
1996 Volvo 940 Sports Edition - winter shed
1983 Mercedes 280SE - dictator shed
2001 Citroen Saxo VTS - hillclimb shed

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Just back home thanks to Verian's patience.

Most of the work was done last night as the Orthopaedic guy came along at 0100 to fix up my finger, but turned out that it was dislocated, fractured, and the tendon was split. Was already on an anaesthetic drip and fortunately he ignored my remark that pain killers are for pussies, and gave me two local anaesthetic jabs into the finger, otherwise I would have been screaming my head off. He had to pull it with two hands and it took quite a time before it clicked back into place, but I never felt a thing. That straightened it but danger was that if it curled it would stay that way, so he splinted it up with the other fingers and that did the trick.

Thought that was it, but woken up at 0200 to go down for chest and finger X-rays. Back to sleep but at 0300 the nurse needs another blood sample, so that was it for the night. Nope, she wakes me up at 0400 to give me pain killers. I had been on a cardiac monitor since I was admitted for the heart problem, standard practice, so when I needed to go for a pee the nurse unplugged it. However I noticed that it then sends out an annoying bleep until it is plugged in again, so when I needed to go again at 0500, I unplugged it and noticed there was a silence button there so I pressed that as well. That cut out the bleep, but had just finished when there was huge screeching and next minute the crash team came hurling down the corridor and into the ward.

No need to tell you how embarrassing that was, beam me up Scotty, but fortunately earlier I had to repeat my problems and my history to all the questions from the admittance nurse, then the doctor, then the Consultant, so they had already decided I was an eccentric and a nutter who did not wear shoes or underpants. Forgot to tell them about that. Night shift changed over at 0715 so was spared the blushes. Consultant did his rounds at 1000, chest and finger X-rays OK, blood comparisons also, so was cleared to go and called Verian. As she arrived at 1400 they told me that the finger shots were not clear enough, so would have to do some more. Back downstairs then waited for the radiographer to read them, but they tell me at 1700 that they were still out of focus and they would have to take even more. Really pissed off at this stage so told them that I was going to discharge myself, there was nothing more they could do with the finger anyway, it was splinted for two weeks, but then the Consultant came up and said that they were satisfied with the results after all.

Great bunch of individuals, but I wonder how much they communicate with each other as regards the waiting times. They were obviously short of beds, but I could have been out of mine early morning.

Bit of a bugger that driving would be no problem in a RHD, but in N3 I am not going to be able to change gear until the splint comes off.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys, first time I have really used my mobile, but found out that I could use all my e-mail, and carry on with S_E as normal, though you never got any capital letters or apostrophes. Sorry Robin. However the batteries ran out this morning, read The Times then got bored. There were two attractive nurses, but the doctor who was putting the ECG pads on my chest had a low cut front and was poking my eyes out, but could hardly take a pic.

tut

ps Craig, owe you an apology for borrowing your helmet for Ian without permission, but have not seen you for a while.

kenny

Post by kenny » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:03 pm

Leg-end! :mrgreen:

foz01

Post by foz01 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:09 pm

An adventure by the sounds of it :shock:

Now I know why you never replied to my pm :mrgreen:
Motorsport K20 Elise

minkypotglory

Post by minkypotglory » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Get well soon tut
Mags x

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Sorry Lowell, I did reply but it is not in my sent box so must have screwed it up so will send another.

tut

CubanGav

Post by CubanGav » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:21 pm

:roll: Get well soon chief.

neil

Post by neil » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:24 pm

Glad to hear you're home Tut! Try and take it easy for a bit!
Exige V6

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:30 pm

I read there was a spot of bother in Benghazi, suggest you take Khan down there for his next walkies.
W213 All Terrain

woody

Post by woody » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:40 pm

Handy that N1 is road legal again then? ;)

Take it easy & get well soon.