Gear linkage upgrade.....

Anything goes in here.....
Rich H

Gear linkage upgrade.....

Post by Rich H » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:53 pm

Why did I start fitting my gearlinkage upgrade at 730 pm without ramps or even a jack?

a. I'm a fool
b. I couldn't wait
c. I'm a masochistic contortionist
d. All of the above....

Not that bad, even with pants tools. Took an hour and a half (Yes it was dark when I finished...!) Now it's much tighter (the gearbox!) and smoother. Worth doing but would have been easier with more room!

Rich

offshorematt

Post by offshorematt » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:35 pm

Pretty straight forward job then? Am going to fit one myself when I get round to it. Any tips? Other than jacking the car up... :lol:

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:55 pm

Not really, pretty straight forward. The gear cable clips are a PITA cos their tight and I had to destroy the cable end bushes to get them (The bushes) out. Other than that just follow the instructions either on elise parts or http://titaniumstorm.com/te/linkage/linkage.htm either is fine. The new bushes are both a very good fit and fiddly to get in and the R clips are quite stiff too, just ended up tapping them in with a hammer. Make sure your spanners are thin enought to fit the half nuts between the new linkage and the bell crank, the first time I ended up with spanner attached....!

Any other q's just post them!

Good luck and I hope it all goes well.

PS a helper would greatly assist in the remove and fit of the undertrays and either replace or upgrade those mild steel bolts!

TTFN

Rich