Ally Rennie - 360 Complete Detailing

Anything goes in here.....
Edin430

Re: Ally Rennie - 360 Complete Detailing

Post by Edin430 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:57 am

Happy for it to be deleted however disagree that it has nothing to do with SE - pretty sure anyone with kids will want to know in case they were considering to use him in the future.

Even then, lots of crap that has nothing to do with SE or Lotus gets posted on here so this thread is no different if that's your take on it.

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:05 am

Shocked and disappointed that this was not highlighted when the first incident was proven.
W213 All Terrain

Victor Meldrew
Location: Unable to use location services. Please turn on your wifi....

Post by Victor Meldrew » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:30 am

X7LDA wrote:Happy for it to be deleted however disagree that it has nothing to do with SE - pretty sure anyone with kids will want to know in case they were considering to use him in the future.

Even then, lots of crap that has nothing to do with SE or Lotus gets posted on here so this thread is no different if that's your take on it.
Valid..

I must admit, my reactions at first were probably not what I would have posted if I sat down and posted after thinking for a day or two.. I still can't put the whole thing together.. someone I actually liked and considered to be a friend. This has upset me to the core and I accept my comments may not be totally rational...

It is almost like a death, the person I thought he was is gone and will never return.

Once again.. fcuk me, never expected this.
Well it moves... might as well make the most of it....

Gareth

Post by Gareth » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:45 am

It's a sad story.
Unfortunately it's not a rumor and was proven in a court of law.
If Ally wasn't victim of some terrible vendetta then he has rightly been punished. People change though and perhaps he has learnt from his mistakes. He's serving his time.

I think it should of been raised and left to the individual to make their own mind up. Due to the severity of the accusation, I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my kids with Ally. Just like I wouldn't trust him or anybody else left in my house should they be accused and found guilty of robbery.

scottishselise

Post by scottishselise » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:44 am

Sanjoy wrote:Shocked and disappointed that this was not highlighted when the first incident was proven.
Absolutely this, on both counts. Perhaps people felt like they should wait until it is 'in the press' - but then again the article was out 2 months ago.

Corranga

Post by Corranga » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:48 am

Sanjoy wrote:Shocked and disappointed that this was not highlighted when the first incident was proven.
Agreed.

I often wonder what some people on here are thinking. To me, this story is something that 100% definitely should have been reported on here, and I've never had children!

What if, in 17 months time some n00b with a couple of kids starts searching for a detailer, then finds all those old recommendations.
I think I said similar in the muppets thread (which wasn't as serious as this). As a community, I feel we have a responsibility to inform and look after / protect each other.
It seems that some think SE is fine for promoting / recommending, but when it comes to truths, or ghouls coming out, the first few posts always seem to be about whether or not the topic should exist.

Chris
'16 MINI Cooper S - Family fun hatch
'98 Lotus Elise - Fun day car
'07 Fiat Panda 100HP - Daily puddle jumper
'04 Maserati Coupe GT - Manual, v8, Italian...

foz01

Post by foz01 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:01 am

The only lynching round these parts is plumbers with leaden right foots :shock:
Motorsport K20 Elise

jason

Post by jason » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:26 am

Modena Scotland wrote:I don't like the way this thread is heading at all :x
May I ask why, Mass?

Shug

Post by Shug » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:02 am

Sorry, but I have to clarify this. Shocked that there wasn't an "Official SE Announcement?" We are moderators on an internet forum, we are not a news agency. As Simon has posted, this information is in the public arena now, is proven in a case of law and as such is fully open for discussion. As is anything unless it's personally harmful to people or potentially slanderous. If anyone wanted to post the information, they were very welcome to do so and nobody has been discouraged behind the scenes - in fact, nobody has asked if it'd be okay to post. Some have PM'd me offering the information after I enquired about his whereabouts but that's all. I'd expected to see something on the forum some time ago. If you then ask why I didn't post when I knew - ask that of a lot of people. I personally felt it wasn't my place to report on a story that I don't have a lot of knowledge on - it's been reported in the local press and I'm not local, so havent been exposed to it. So I wasn't personally going to post third hand info.

If we get people attacking the guy (even though the case is proven, he's not been accused of physically harming anyone and we all know how un-biased the press are) then those posts will be deleted and posters pointed at the guidelines. That's the only possible moderation slant to this.

Fact is, if "the community" wanted it brought out into the open, it's up to the community. In no way are the moderators responsible for adding news content to the site - if you want news, like I say, read the news!
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

Shug

Post by Shug » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:05 am

jasonliddell wrote:
Modena Scotland wrote:I don't like the way this thread is heading at all :x
May I ask why, Mass?
I think Mass means Lynch-town. Just to clarify, if personal attacks with no information (please don't call the press "information") then we need to moderate in line with everything else. Reported facts, as always, are what we need to see. In everything I've read, the guy has been prosecuted for looking at inappropriate pictures. That is all, so hysterics are not in order. He's done wrong, he has a problem, he's been prosecuted for it and will likely be treated for it, which is what's needed IMO.
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

Shug

Post by Shug » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:06 am

foz01 wrote:The only lynching round these parts is plumbers with leaden right foots :shock:
Helpful
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:31 am

Shug wrote:

Sorry, but I have to clarify this. Shocked that there wasn't an "Official SE Announcement?" We are moderators on an internet forum, we are not a news agency. As Simon has posted, this information is in the public arena now, is proven in a case of law and as such is fully open for discussion. As is anything unless it's personally harmful to people or potentially slanderous. If anyone wanted to post the information, they were very welcome to do so and nobody has been discouraged behind the scenes - in fact, nobody has asked if it'd be okay to post. Some have PM'd me offering the information after I enquired about his whereabouts but that's all. I'd expected to see something on the forum some time ago. If you then ask why I didn't post when I knew - ask that of a lot of people. I personally felt it wasn't my place to report on a story that I don't have a lot of knowledge on - it's been reported in the local press and I'm not local, so havent been exposed to it. So I wasn't personally going to post third hand info.

If we get people attacking the guy (even though the case is proven, he's not been accused of physically harming anyone and we all know how un-biased the press are) then those posts will be deleted and posters pointed at the guidelines. That's the only possible moderation slant to this.

Fact is, if "the community" wanted it brought out into the open, it's up to the community. In no way are the moderators responsible for adding news content to the site - if you want news, like I say, read the news!
This was not directed to the Mods Shug, I would expect the SE collective regardless of forum standing to have highlighted the verdict that was handed out last year to those who were inviting Ally in to their homes and on to their fbook friend list.
W213 All Terrain

Shug

Post by Shug » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:38 am

Okay mate, just clarifying.

FWIW, I'd have expected there to be something on the forum before now, my reasons for not personally posting, I've covered. Whatever the case, it's out in the open now and people can do with the information as they wish.
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

Mike Scib

Ally Rennie - 360 Complete Detailing

Post by Mike Scib » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:51 am

Shug wrote:In everything I've read, the guy has been prosecuted for looking at inappropriate pictures. That is all, so hysterics are not in order.
Really Shug, "that is all"??
alicrozier wrote:As Robin said, need to be comfortable and confident to push right up to the limit - sometimes you only find the limit by going beyond it...
(that's why I think Mike will do fine, that and his lack of imagination). :roll: :lol:

Shug

Post by Shug » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:59 am

Mike Scib wrote:
Shug wrote:In everything I've read, the guy has been prosecuted for looking at inappropriate pictures. That is all, so hysterics are not in order.
Really Shug, "that is all"??
As in, he has not been prosecuted for or accused of any other offence. Not making a comment on the seriousness of the offence he has been prosecuted of.

Don't misunderstand me.

Very simple for people to jump from the facts to "he's a kiddy fiddler!" Fact is, he's not been accused nor has their been any inference of this.

This is not the Daily Mail.
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R