Yet another "puppy pic" thread... NLC

Anything goes in here.....
robin
Jedi Master

Re: Yet another "puppy pic" thread... NLC

Post by robin » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:33 pm

No doubt they are eagerly awaiting permission to attack :-) or Lindsay is dangling a steak off camera ;-)
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

Scotty C
Meat

Post by Scotty C » Fri May 15, 2015 10:23 am

For those that arn't on Facebook.

As some of you will know we have had issues with Angus for a couple of years and worked with the vet and a couple of sociologist, with medication, times have been better, but unfortunately it's got to the stage that we all feel it's best for Angus to go. He's a troubled soul mentally and his happiness and wellbeing have deteriorated over the last few weeks and the vet thought Angus may have a brain tumour. Putting him through scans, tests wasn't really an option so we had the vet come to the mill today after a walk on the beach and put him to sleep for the last time.

It was a really hard decision putting down a young dog that was in good physical health and that was 90% of the time was a wonderful dog.

"Here for a good time not a long time"

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Fri May 15, 2015 10:31 am

Scotty C wrote:For those that arn't on Facebook.

As some of you will know we have had issues with Angus for a couple of years and worked with the vet and a couple of sociologist, with medication, times have been better, but unfortunately it's got to the stage that we all feel it's best for Angus to go. He's a troubled soul mentally and his happiness and wellbeing have deteriorated over the last few weeks and the vet thought Angus may have a brain tumour. Putting him through scans, tests wasn't really an option so we had the vet come to the mill today after a walk on the beach and put him to sleep for the last time.

It was a really hard decision putting down a young dog that was in good physical health and that was 90% of the time was a wonderful dog.
Scotty,

So sorry to hear about that as it must be heartbreaking. At least you are doing the best thing for Angus as its never easy to have a loved one go through that kind of trauma.

George
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri May 15, 2015 11:21 am

Very sad news. Thoughts are with you guys.

Time for some puppy shopping!
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

martins

Post by martins » Fri May 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Scotty.

Really sorry to hear your news.

Martin and Hugo....
Exige 240 (Gone but not forgotten and will be replaced)
Mini Cooper (wife spec)
BMW dog wagon

steve_weegie

Post by steve_weegie » Fri May 15, 2015 1:00 pm

Sorry to hear this Scotty. Not easy to loose a dog, and even more so under these circumstances :(

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Fri May 15, 2015 5:09 pm

:cry:

Sorry to hear of this Scott - chin up fella
Ross
---------
1972 Alfaholics Giulia Super
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

Now browsing the tech pages :mrgreen:

:cheers

Eric K

Post by Eric K » Fri May 15, 2015 7:00 pm

Ach, that's terrible Scotty.

I'm really sorry you've all had to go through that.

Take care fella.
Slow, slow, quick, quick, slow ...

DJ

Post by DJ » Fri May 15, 2015 8:03 pm

:cry:
Sounds extremely sad and unpleasant to experience. As well as the memories, that middle picture is an absolute cracker to remember him by. Feeling your pain :cry:
'03 Elise 111S - Sold :(
'55 Boxster S - Sold :(
'08 Exige S 240PP - Sold :(
'10 Evora NA - Sold :(
'12 Cayman R :)

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Fri May 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Gutted for you Scotty, must be hard to deal with :cry:
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

BigD

Post by BigD » Sat May 16, 2015 8:17 am

Can't have been easy Scotty, but for the best. You obviously did all you could and more.

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Sat May 16, 2015 8:36 am

Scotty that's sad news - you've done the best thing for Angus which is what counts (at least in my book) - but it doesn't make it any easier, I am sure.

Robin
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

Scotty C
Meat

Post by Scotty C » Sat May 16, 2015 8:49 am

Thanks guys.

Really wasn't easy, but Angus unhappiness bouts were increasing and with that more aggression. Lindsay and I have lived with the aggression as it only ever happens in the house. It changed our lifestyle and made it hard for us to have people over as his unpredictability made it very uncomfortable. I couldn't even clap my own dog in the house without the fear of knowing if it could set him off. It was like a switch from happy dog and coming up on the sofa to full on guard dog barking aggressively at you. The last straw was he had a go at Lindsay's mum last week and he was totally uncontrollable. It was like he was possessed and didnt even know what he was doing. Very very sad but he will be at rest now. I know it's for the best, but it was a really hard thing to do.

Maisy our other dog has been mopping about all week looking for him, we've been keeping her busy and I've taken her to work a couple of day and so has Lindsay, but no plans for another one just yet.

Thanks for understanding.
"Here for a good time not a long time"

gambler

Post by gambler » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:32 am

Those of you who are not on Facebook may not know that I recently lost my beloved Pressa Canario, Hellar to cancer. She had been passing blood and it turned out that she had an inoperable tumor in her bladder. The only kind thing to do was to have her put to sleep as she could no longer pass urine without being in pain. The only upside was that she was not in any pain or suffering until the last few hours of her life. This came at a particularly difficult time of my life as I had lost my mum to cancer only 9 days beforehand and Hellar had always been my constant companion, coming on my travels at work with me and was pretty much my rock.

I had intended to wait another couple of months and possibly give a rescue dog a good home, until I came across Missy De Guardian from Guardian Kennels who was 7 months old and available to buy. I had a look at her pedigree online and recognised a couple of the names. Turns out she shares a couple of grandparents with hellar on both sides of her family. These are supposedly famous dogs and world champions in the Pressa world. I had a long chat with the breeder and arranged to go down for a visit. I was very impressed by him as he was making sure that I was not just some council estate nonse looking for a status dog as Pressas can be a bit of a handful if not handled with a strong hand. In the right hands, they are amazing. When we did go to visit, the pup was playing with the bredders 10 year old son on the floor and was very gentle with the 1 week old baby.

3 weeks ago we picked up 'Tigger' and I could not be more happy with her. After some initial separation anxiety issues at night..... Nearly blowing up the house when she switched on the gas hob! She is training really well and had is fitting in really well with Toria's 2 dogs. She is going to be a big girl, now 9 months and 40kg already

6 Months old

Down the Beach

Settling in with the rest of the team

S1 Elise - Shed spec
330d - Dog carrying spec
640d - Grown up spec
Astravan Sportive SE - Supervan spec

greido

Post by greido » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:10 pm

Very sorry to hear about Heller, I went through something similar with my best mate Elvis last year, the day I took her to the vet one last time was by far the worst and hardest day of my life.
Tigger looks fantastic, I'm sure she'll give you many great times going forward.
Last edited by greido on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Rides: Evora & BMW X5 (F15)
Gone: Elise S3, 350zGT, Boxster S, BMW X5 (E70)