Christmas presents - ideas

Anything goes in here.....
BiggestNizzy

Christmas presents - ideas

Post by BiggestNizzy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Christmas is just around the corner and I have been starting to think about gifts for the family. Thing is I haven't a clue what to get anyone !

Does anyone have any good ideas can steal ?
Sent from my ZX SPECTRUM +2A

Dominic

Re: Christmas presents - ideas

Post by Dominic » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:08 pm

SE calendars :thumbsup
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

kenny

Post by kenny » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:11 pm

BiggestNizzy wrote:Thing is I haven't a clue what to get anyone !
Can't really think of anything I want mate, if you can just give me some money in a card that would be great :mrgreen:

BiggestNizzy

Post by BiggestNizzy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Dominic wrote:SE calendars :thumbsup
Thats what Ann is getting

pete
Vexatious Litigant

Post by pete » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:46 pm

I've got some anti-rattle pads for you.

Suzy's getting this.

http://www.edinburghzoo.org.uk/shop/Kee ... ences.html

Yes. She gets to muck out cages at the zoo. She'll love it. Probably. It'll be like Animal Magic, they all talk you know.
'99 - '03 Titanium S1 111S.
'03 - '10 Starlight Black S2 111S
'11 - '17 S2 135R
'17 - '19 S2 Exige S+
'23 - ?? Evora

flyingscot68

Post by flyingscot68 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:09 am

Wellies..........

BiggestNizzy

Post by BiggestNizzy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:53 am

Keep them coming.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:13 am

flyingscot68 wrote:Wellies..........
I assume that is not a joke!... they are trendy just now apparently.. I know of someone who spent £100 on wellies recently! FFS!!! ..made even more ridiculous as the individual is always skint and works part time for minimum wage. Strange world!

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:22 am

BiggestNizzy wrote:Keep them coming.
On a serious note, getting presents is something that I struggle with too. My parents are very difficult to buy for; if they want / need something they tend to buy it themselves - so practical presents are out; therefore it comes down to "treat" presents, which can be a bit hit or miss. Last year I decided to cover my chances of hitting the mark and give my folks a selection of smaller gifts. That worked a treat; A DVD each, A book each, then went shopping in town and picked up a very random selection of things to make up a sort of hamper (although not all was food). Think I'll be doing the same again this year. Food & drink are usually a winner; we all like to put tasty things in out mouths! :shock: :leave

For the GF, some sexy undies (a gift for both you & her (you to appreciate, her to wear, obviously!)), perfume, choccies, jewelry (make sure it's not a ring in case they get the wrong idea!), or, the sort of stuff I use to give my ex wife; a new frying pan, a potato peeler, an iron, car polish, or if I was feeling generous, a new set of tyres for the elise (although strangely that did not go down so well). :scratch

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:23 am

Dominic wrote:
I assume that is not a joke!... they are trendy just now apparently.. I know of someone who spent £100 on wellies recently! FFS!!! ..made even more ridiculous as the individual is always skint and works part time for minimum wage. Strange world!
Tell me about it! Wife and kids all have their 'Hunter' wellies, and here's me sloshing about in my £9.15 Dunlop gummies bought recently in a petrol station in Shetland...Well it was too good a deal to turn down...

/moaning old c*nt
Ross
---------
1972 Alfaholics Giulia Super
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

Now browsing the tech pages :mrgreen:

:cheers

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:34 am

rossybee wrote:
Dominic wrote:
Tell me about it! Wife and kids all have their 'Hunter' wellies, and here's me sloshing about in my £9.15 Dunlop gummies bought recently in a petrol station in Shetland...Well it was too good a deal to turn down...

/moaning old c*nt
I use to wear hunter or barbour wellies about 15 years ago for dog walking duties; the use to cost about £19. Not now the city folk want them :evil:

Still, meant I went for something different after my £4.99 wellies wore out very quickly (funny that). I now have a nice pair of cosy warm black dunlop rigger boots, £50 reduced to £20 courtesy of Amazon.

While I'm a fully paid up member of the "moaning old c*nt" faction too, I'm just jealous that I did not come up with the idea, and make loads of money selling £10 wellies for £100 because they have a pretty picture on them, or a fancy badge!

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:38 am

Dom, I have the same issue with my folks, especially my dad, who loves his golf but just buys golfie stuff at the proshop as and when he needs it...

So, this year, my good lady wife has got tickets for them for Il Divo and katherine Jenkins at the SECC and a stay at the new Grand Central hotel, which should go down a treat - because for their birthdays this year (75 & 70 respectively) we got them a trip to Belfast and 3 nights in Ten Square hotel which they absolutely loved :thumbsup

Ref the missus - I'm screwed here as I ain't got a clue - she likes cosy slippers so I'm gonna get these below and she wants a KitchenAid mixer but I'm not sure that's ideal xmas fodder...

Ross
---------
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:43 am

Anyway Nizzy, I forgot to say,.... WTF are you thinking about Christmas shopping for already??? it's still November!!!! We have weeks yet till we need to do anything! :lol: :roll:

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:46 am

Dominic wrote:Anyway Nizzy, I forgot to say,.... WTF are you thinking about Christmas shopping for already??? it's still November!!!! We have weeks yet till we need to do anything! :lol: :roll:
Yep - a month today i'll think about it :thumbsup
Ross
---------
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

BiggestNizzy

Post by BiggestNizzy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:37 am

I usually blitz christmas in the 2 days running upto it, but by then I usually have an idea of what to get them and it's just a case of picking it all up.

Last year however I bought everything on amazon and had it gift wrapped, they delivered it to my work and it was fantastic so I wan't to do that again. the biggest problem is working out what do get everyone.

I have already tested the water and Ann wouldn't be happy with a set of probax seats and harnesses :roll: or anything that could be considered a "house" present.
My old man has no hobbies, all he does is work he's still doing 7 days a week and he's 69.
My old dear I have no idea but I might send her to the cook school again, but I don't like doing the same thing.
My sister would be happy with a bottle of vodka, but I don't want to contribute to her alchoholism (at this point I would like to point out my sister isn't an alchoholic she's just 33 going on 21)