3D Printing (NLC)

Anything goes in here.....
Sanjøy

Re: 3D Printing (NLC)

Post by Sanjøy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:44 pm

BiggestNizzy wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:49 am
Massive longshot this one!

I have been toying with making some 3D printed inserts for the rear of my S1 to replace the metal ones in front of the reverse / fog lamps for some time and I managed to create a mesh using phototelemetry but without any sizing data it was near impossible to turn that into a working solid.

I have an opportunity coming up where I can get my hands on a Hexagon scanning laser arm to accurately scan the area and some software to turn the resulting mesh into a useable solid.

The problem I have is I can't take my car and I can't unbolt the whole clam, sling it over my shoulder and take it to the event. I can't even arrange to meet anyone with a car as it will be done on the fly when I get the chance.

So here is the long shot, does anyone have a S1 rear clam that has been smashed to bits enough that I can cut the chunk off I need before it goes in the skip?

Graeme
No but I do have two clams sitting in the barn.
W213 All Terrain

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:49 pm

Anyone else here laser etch?
W213 All Terrain

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:45 pm

My boss has laser etcher; also have small 3D printer here in iddon towers and a bigger one in the office :-)
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

hendeg

Post by hendeg » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:18 pm

We’re thinking about a laser etcher for customer’s tools. Usually for text but also to add 2D barcodes. They’re not cheap though.
Exige GT