UKIP

Anything goes in here.....
j2 lot

UKIP

Post by j2 lot » Mon May 26, 2014 12:48 am

Might be mentalists but looks like they will come out as the leading party and that several other countries appear to be voting anti-European too .
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Re: UKIP

Post by tut » Mon May 26, 2014 7:42 am

24 MEP's........

Lib Dems 1

tut

Lazydonkey

Post by Lazydonkey » Mon May 26, 2014 8:45 am

If nothing else it's a chance to show if they can make a difference or not - they've now got to make good on their promises.

I learnt this morning that one of their MEP's is an ex brookside actress who used to be called Louise van de Bours but prior to becoming elected changed it to just Louise Bours......which is much less scary for xenophobes. :roll:

In similar news, Griffin lost his seat which was a terrible shame. Made all the more entertaining by him having a go at UKIP for their "racist policies".
Focus ST estate, i3s and more pushbikes than strictly necessary.

....did i ever tell you about the Evora and VX220 i used to own?

graeme

Post by graeme » Mon May 26, 2014 9:27 am

According to Griffin (on BBCR4 last week ish), UKIP are racist and discriminatory because they want to close the borders to EU migrants, instead of ALL immigrants as the BNP would. Essentially, "We're not racists. We don't discriminate against EU migrants. We want everyone to f*ck off equally!" :? :lol:

sendmyusername

Post by sendmyusername » Mon May 26, 2014 6:35 pm

I thought ukip was just a rebadged bmp.
I really should pay more attention.
Just remember regards the independence vote - it's a vote for independence, not the snp. So just because the snp want to stay in europe, doesn't mean if we get better representation for our vote (independence) that we have to keep the snp or stay in europe.

Scuffers

Post by Scuffers » Mon May 26, 2014 11:03 pm

sendmyusername wrote:I thought ukip was just a rebadged bmp.
Just remember regards the independence vote - it's a vote for independence, not the snp. So just because the snp want to stay in europe, doesn't mean if we get better representation for our vote (independence) that we have to keep the snp or stay in europe.
whilst you bring that up...

just how does independance work for scotland if you wish to stay in the EU?

just how is that independent ? (in the context of ever closer political political control from the centre)

pete
Vexatious Litigant

Post by pete » Mon May 26, 2014 11:10 pm

Lazydonkey wrote:If nothing else it's a chance to show if they can make a difference or not - they've now got to make good on their promises.

Define "make good". Maybe make bad would be better... :D :D :D

I love they descirbe themselves as libertarian but want to double the size of the Police and armed forces.

That their answer to our energy problems is to build nuclear reactors. Or to put it another way, borrow money from the Chinese to give to the French for them to build us reactors...
'99 - '03 Titanium S1 111S.
'03 - '10 Starlight Black S2 111S
'11 - '17 S2 135R
'17 - '19 S2 Exige S+
'23 - ?? Evora

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Mon May 26, 2014 11:36 pm

Scuffers wrote:
sendmyusername wrote:I thought ukip was just a rebadged bmp.
whilst you bring that up...

just how does independance work for scotland if you wish to stay in the EU?

just how is that independent ? (in the context of ever closer political political control from the centre)

Nail/ Head. :thumbsup
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Mon May 26, 2014 11:37 pm

From my point of view, building reactors is the only practical way to provide enough energy for everyone - I don't really care if we have to borrow to do it (I especially don't care whether borrowings come from China or elsewhere).

I am disappointed that I share a "policy" with UKIP!

I think that those looking for independence are looking for independence from Westminster ... I don't hear them saying they want to be independent from Europe.

Cheers,
Robin
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

Scuffers

Post by Scuffers » Tue May 27, 2014 8:25 am

robin wrote:From my point of view, building reactors is the only practical way to provide enough energy for everyone - I don't really care if we have to borrow to do it (I especially don't care whether borrowings come from China or elsewhere).

I am disappointed that I share a "policy" with UKIP!

I think that those looking for independence are looking for independence from Westminster ... I don't hear them saying they want to be independent from Europe.

Cheers,
Robin
without wishing to get into a online sh*t, have you actually read UKIP's energy policy paper?

as for paying for it, not spending £50Bn on HS2 (and we all know what figure is going to go significantly north of that) would easily pay for 3-4 BIG new nuclear plants, which in the mid-term is probably about the number we need, the other plank here is to stop closing perfectly good coal stations, dump the carbon TAX on them, etc etc.

next, we need to stop paying stupid money for wind-power, it does not work and is THE most expensive way to generate electricity ever devised - just why do you think your energy bills are rising so rapidly? we have 30,000+ turbines now in the UK yet their input to the grid is minimal (and at the moment, they have the highest priority in the grids usage profile). - there's actually an argument going on at the moment with the grid trying to up the standing charges on elec companies to pay for the massive interconnect costs for wind-turbines, this alone will add some 4-5% to everybody's bills.

All these 30,000 turbines on average produce less electricity than ONE coal plant, yes, that's right, ONE coal station (or one Nuc when Hinkley C is running), how is that remotely sensible from any perspective?

Post independence, just how will scotland pay for all this? (most of this interconnect cost is north of the border).

Lazydonkey

Post by Lazydonkey » Tue May 27, 2014 8:36 am

pete wrote:
Lazydonkey wrote:If nothing else it's a chance to show if they can make a difference or not - they've now got to make good on their promises.

Define "make good". Maybe make bad would be better... :D :D :D

I love they descirbe themselves as libertarian but want to double the size of the Police and armed forces.

That their answer to our energy problems is to build nuclear reactors. Or to put it another way, borrow money from the Chinese to give to the French for them to build us reactors...
For the avoidance of doubt I don't believe they are a force for good at all...... But some people seem to think that "man of the people" farage is the one who will save us. I look forward to the realisation in a year or so that they've achieved the square root of fcuk all and as are bad as / worse than the alternative.
Focus ST estate, i3s and more pushbikes than strictly necessary.

....did i ever tell you about the Evora and VX220 i used to own?

Scuffers

Post by Scuffers » Tue May 27, 2014 8:52 am

Lazydonkey wrote: For the avoidance of doubt I don't believe they are a force for good at all...... But some people seem to think that "man of the people" farage is the one who will save us. I look forward to the realisation in a year or so that they've achieved the square root of fcuk all and as are bad as / worse than the alternative.
OK, maybe you're right, (time will tell) but what exactly is the alternative?

Lab/Lib/Con are all heading the same way with blind integration to the EU, seriously, what's the point in westminster? (and for that matter the EU parliament as it currently exists) when all the 'power' is from the EU commision, (that totally un-elected bunch of cronies most of which failed in their own countries politics).

you can almost hear Cleggie sniffing out a commision post for himself (now his leadership of the Lib Dems is rapidly coming to an end) and you must have noticed the head of steam behind Blair trying to get the job as next EU president?

it's getting to the point that we as a country are here to serve the ever growing EU gravy train, the money to support this train is mind-boggling and growing daily, yet (to use the life of Brian line) what exactly does it do for us?

some 57 years ago we voted for a common market (EEC) with 11 other countries, that was a good and pragmatic step, unfortunately what we have now is a completely different animal that's out of control.

in the Scottish context, just how does being independent of the UK but still in EU actually work? only way is if you become one of the poorer nations that currently are living off EU funding (ie, the basket case the richer countries pay for), and it does not take a rocket scientist to see what this brings (as greece/portugal/etc for details).

you have very little industry left, what you have is being crippled by defence cuts, high energy costs, etc. and all this talk of green revolution with wind-power exports are just laughable, just who is going to pay for this? Oh, I remeber, north sea oil and gas.... yes, right, that will be why Ineos want/need to import feed stock from the US.

/rant over/

woody

Post by woody » Tue May 27, 2014 9:17 am

Scuffers wrote:
Lazydonkey wrote: For the avoidance of doubt I don't believe they are a force for good at all...... But some people seem to think that "man of the people" farage is the one who will save us. I look forward to the realisation in a year or so that they've achieved the square root of fcuk all and as are bad as / worse than the alternative.
OK, maybe you're right, (time will tell) but what exactly is the alternative?

Lab/Lib/Con are all heading the same way with blind integration to the EU, seriously, what's the point in westminster? (and for that matter the EU parliament as it currently exists) when all the 'power' is from the EU commision, (that totally un-elected bunch of cronies most of which failed in their own countries politics).

you can almost hear Cleggie sniffing out a commision post for himself (now his leadership of the Lib Dems is rapidly coming to an end) and you must have noticed the head of steam behind Blair trying to get the job as next EU president?

it's getting to the point that we as a country are here to serve the ever growing EU gravy train, the money to support this train is mind-boggling and growing daily, yet (to use the life of Brian line) what exactly does it do for us?

some 57 years ago we voted for a common market (EEC) with 11 other countries, that was a good and pragmatic step, unfortunately what we have now is a completely different animal that's out of control.

in the Scottish context, just how does being independent of the UK but still in EU actually work? only way is if you become one of the poorer nations that currently are living off EU funding (ie, the basket case the richer countries pay for), and it does not take a rocket scientist to see what this brings (as greece/portugal/etc for details).

you have very little industry left, what you have is being crippled by defence cuts, high energy costs, etc. and all this talk of green revolution with wind-power exports are just laughable, just who is going to pay for this? Oh, I remeber, north sea oil and gas.... yes, right, that will be why Ineos want/need to import feed stock from the US.

/rant over/
RE your last paragraph, you type as if everyone in Scotland thinks exactly the same way, we don't. Not sure who your post is aimed at, but judging by the indy debate on here, no one on here.

I'm a no voter, but you say Westminster is a waste then ask what the point of getting shot of it is. Question answered much?

Farage appears much more of a lunatic & fantasist to me than Salmond and that's saying something. The man in the street, really? What street where? I don't see like him around me or when I'm in London either.

pete
Vexatious Litigant

Post by pete » Tue May 27, 2014 9:42 am

Woah there people.

You've all got a bit confused, my post wasn't criticising UKIP for their energy policy but pointing out the irony in their energy policy. Because they are fascists.

And frankly I don't give a flying f.ck what their policy is on Europe because they are fascists. And I don't like fascists, you know because I thought we (as a species) had thought really hard about this and decided that fascists were bad.

I'm not overly keen on their policies about women either, they are on record as saying that maternity leave was bad which is something I don't agree with. This is because I think women's right are more important than membership of the EU so once again i don't really care what they say about anything until they stop being all fascisty.

You see there are priorities, so if you have glossed over the racist policies and the fascist policies or the "let's hide/change that policy because someone has noticed" policy, because of one policy they do have then I think you might be a bit of a fool.
'99 - '03 Titanium S1 111S.
'03 - '10 Starlight Black S2 111S
'11 - '17 S2 135R
'17 - '19 S2 Exige S+
'23 - ?? Evora

Scuffers

Post by Scuffers » Tue May 27, 2014 10:29 am

pete wrote:Woah there people.

You've all got a bit confused, my post wasn't criticising UKIP for their energy policy but pointing out the irony in their energy policy. Because they are fascists.

And frankly I don't give a flying f.ck what their policy is on Europe because they are fascists. And I don't like fascists, you know because I thought we (as a species) had thought really hard about this and decided that fascists were bad.

I'm not overly keen on their policies about women either, they are on record as saying that maternity leave was bad which is something I don't agree with. This is because I think women's right are more important than membership of the EU so once again i don't really care what they say about anything until they stop being all fascisty.

You see there are priorities, so if you have glossed over the racist policies and the fascist policies or the "let's hide/change that policy because someone has noticed" policy, because of one policy they do have then I think you might be a bit of a fool.
Blimey! - bit strong on rhetoric?

what policy on women do you not like? - out with it...

All I can find is a comment made about no right minded small/medium sized employer would give a job to a woman of childbearing age when the legislation around maternity pay and leave means he's basically going to have to pay two people to do one job.

I really don't see how you can argue with this? it's simple economic fact?

it's not sexist, discriminatory, or anything like that, it's a statement of the effect of the ever increasing burden on industry of dogooder legislation.

companies are not there to provide a social service for child rearing, they are there to do a job, and if that means providing employment for people, great.