Interested in an Evora

Anything goes in here.....
astirling

Interested in an Evora

Post by astirling » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi all,

Spent some time with Craig at Murray this afternoon, he suggested I join up and have a look around this forum.

Currently in a BMW M135i - quick, competent, comfortable, all the benefits of a new car....but it's lacking that feeling of being something special. Test drove a 2010 Cayman S last weekend and came away fairly cold. It just didn't feel as special as I thought it would, and I couldn't get comfortable in the seat - I'm 6 foot 5.

I've been doing some research and reading/watching reviews of the Evora and am hoping to drive one in the next couple of weeks. If I get on with the car well on a test drive, I'll have a budget of about £30-35k and have the luxury of time to wait (and wait!) for the right car. The car will be used as a daily driver - probably about 10k miles a year, with fairly regular trips to Ireland, and France for Le Mans.

Very interested to hear your thoughts on the car for the usage described above, age/mileage you would be looking at for my money, must-haves, would-avoids etc. Noone better to ask than those who have one!

Lazydonkey

Re: Interested in an Evora

Post by Lazydonkey » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:10 pm

I got my 10 plate evora from murrays on Saturday after 9 years and 90k miles on a vx220.

Im planning on the same use as you and so far I'm about 400 miles in and I'm loving it.

For me the must have were sport pack and the +2 but after advice from Brandon I relaxed my criteria and was more interested in getting the right car. Albeit I then bought one that was my exact ideal spec!

I'm in the southside of Glasgow if you want a look at it.

Martin

EDIT : If you're interested mine is +2, sport, tech, xenons, long box and standard exhaust. So you'll see even within SE we have enough variations to make sure you make the right decision!
Last edited by Lazydonkey on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i3s, Volvo and more pushbikes than strictly necessary.

....did i ever tell you about the Evora and VX220 i used to own?

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:55 pm

Lazydonkey wrote:I got my 10 plate evora from murrays on Saturday after 9 years and 90k miles on a vx220.
Fantastic! Congrats. Still can't shake the itch for Evora but will be a while yet, I expect...
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:11 pm

I got mine in Apri and still totally smitten. I had a preferred spec too but they are hard to get hold of and after a test drive I relaxed my preferred spec of MY 12 IPS and put a deposit down. Great cars that are easy to live with and turn heads wherever you go :thumbsup
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

Jamie_84

Post by Jamie_84 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:01 pm

I was munching on an KFC at braehead last week, and seen a few boys meeting outside costa. Someone was in a red evora (reg saj ?) not sure if someone on here ? I have to say the car was absolutely stunning and has supercar presence. I've never been that keen on the evora but hadn't seen many in the flesh. It got me thinking about my recent decision to get another exige. I think for me it would need to be supercharged through which would probably stretch the budget a bit. I'm assuming the red one I seen was newer and supercharged. It sounded awesome too. Really nice car.

flyingscot68

Post by flyingscot68 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:29 pm

Had my N/A for two years now.
It's by far the best car I've ever owned. It does everything, comfy cruising, B road blasting and trackdays too, I really think it's a very underrated machine.
I'm just back from Spaz, 2k miles, three trackdays and no problems to report. One of the TPMS sensors packed up but was fine in the morning when everything had cooled down.
I'm now in the process of getting ready to sell it to help with a new house purchase but I'm determined that I'll have another one as soon as I can.
Go for it, it's a great all round car and there's nothing else like it for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:46 pm

Make sure you bring it to Oulton and Cadwell before you sell it :-)

Cheers,
Robin
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

flyingscot68

Post by flyingscot68 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:49 pm

robin wrote:Make sure you bring it to Oulton and Cadwell before you sell it :-)

Cheers,
Robin
I'm trying to arrange a suitable car for that.
;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:01 pm

flyingscot68 wrote: I'm now in the process of getting ready to sell it to help with a new house purchase but I'm determined that I'll have another one as soon as I can.
Sorry for the thread drift but give me your spec and price as a mate of mine down South was thinking of an Evora.

George

PS to the OP - you will love the Evora. We loved our as it was a truly multi function sport car. Personal preference would be the CR box, Sports Pack and Sports exhaust with de-cat pipe. We found the 2+0 fine as the back seat swallowed a couple of bags easily. Not too bothered about tech pack as its not the best with the reversing camera. Do sometimes regret selling it.
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:23 pm

douglasgdmw wrote:Personal preference would be the CR box, Sports Pack and Sports exhaust with de-cat pipe. We found the 2+0 fine as the back seat swallowed a couple of bags easily
That is pretty much the spec of mine :thumbsup
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

astirling

Post by astirling » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:09 pm

Thanks for all the responses - sounds promising! Good to read that people who've used it as a "do-anything" car really enjoyed it.

Let's see how the test drive goes.

Dark

Post by Dark » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:44 pm

Jamie_84 wrote:Someone was in a red evora (reg saj ?) not sure if someone on here ?
Nope, never heard of him! ;)
2018 Lotus Exige Sport (metallic grey)
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar (rebel blue)

tenkfeet

Post by tenkfeet » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:13 am

Hi,

It was myself in the waiting area of Murrys today. One for the "thanks Murrys thread". Car sorted at very short notice.

Have you read Justins Evora story on Pistonheads, its a good read . http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... +Long+Read! Also loads of info on seloc techwiki.

Have had my Evora S since the start of May and covered 2700 miles. Cannot comment on the second hand market other than I could not find the spec I wanted. Took me about 150 miles to really understand what the car was about and have not looked back, its just right. Have a second car but find myself using the Evora most of the time. Recently did my first long drive down south and was surprised by just how comfortabe the car was. The ride is very, very good. Got 32mpg on the way down but no where near on the way back up. :wink: Plan was drive until I got uncomfortable or tired and it just didn't happen.

As said above Sports pack is a must. The back seats are not really practical other than for kids but I think they are a good thing to have come resale and can be used in a emergency. If you test drive a earlier car and the gear change is not so good you can get updated gear linkages fitted, worth checking/asking for.

Met an ex Lotus engineer who had changed his Evora S for a NA Sports Racer Evora for the better fuel consumption. He has covered over 45k miles and was loving his car . Must confess the NA exhaust sounded better than mine but it does not have the supercharger whine.

Anyway "just buy one". :-)

Alan

Pic of My car and its twin.

No lotus
Exige Sport 350 (Sold)
Elise Cup 250 (Air con and radio tubby spec) (Sold)
Evora S (sold)

tenkfeet

Post by tenkfeet » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 am

Dark wrote:
Jamie_84 wrote:Someone was in a red evora (reg saj ?) not sure if someone on here ?
Nope, never heard of him! ;)
But heard is car from some distance. :thumbsup
No lotus
Exige Sport 350 (Sold)
Elise Cup 250 (Air con and radio tubby spec) (Sold)
Evora S (sold)

flyingscot68

Post by flyingscot68 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:14 am

douglasgdmw wrote:
Sorry for the thread drift but give me your spec and price as a mate of mine down South was thinking of an Evora.
You have a PM :D