Brexit.

Anything goes in here.....
BiggestNizzy

Re: Brexit.

Post by BiggestNizzy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:05 pm

r10crw wrote:I have an American VISA which I had to jump through hoops to get, are they racist?
Yes, they want to build a giant wall ffs
Sent from my ZX SPECTRUM +2A

BigD

Post by BigD » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:07 pm

BiggestNizzy wrote:
r10crw wrote:I have an American VISA which I had to jump through hoops to get, are they racist?
You can't take the comments of one man and put them on a whole nation......

BiggestNizzy

Post by BiggestNizzy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:13 pm

BigD wrote:
BiggestNizzy wrote:
Normally no but as a few polls have him leading the presidential campaign I am happy to go out on a limb.
Corranga wrote: I applaud those of us capable of adopting a "let's move on" attitude,
It's easy to say lets move on if you are on the winning side. Everything will of course be great by your reckoning. However if your on the loosing side you really fear for the worst and it's hard to sweep that feeling of dread under the carpet, put on a smile and get on with it.

Ferg

Post by Ferg » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:25 pm

While I understand Niz, I disagree with the idea. The Indy vote went the way I wanted, this one didn't. Do I want to lower myself to bleat on about imagined cheating, disaster, scare mongering, and going on about having another vote? No, because that just puts us at the same level as some of those with a bleeding hearts on sleave approach to all of this, indy ref and EU ref combined. I think we have to accept it's the majority vote in a democracy, and work out how to make it work. That's the reality IMO.

BTW I'm disappointed Cameron stepped down TBH, he could have shepherded UK through the exit. The extra turmoil of leadership in teh governing party isn't going to help.

campbell

Post by campbell » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:35 pm

I agree re Cameron. But he may simply be worn out.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

BigD

Post by BigD » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:43 pm

BiggestNizzy wrote:
BigD wrote:
BiggestNizzy wrote:Yes, they want to build a giant wall ffs
Normally no but as a few polls have him leading the presidential campaign I am happy to go out on a limb.
Polls are always, always right aren't they? :scratch Bookies too.......
Ferg wrote: BTW I'm disappointed Cameron stepped down TBH, he could have shepherded UK through the exit. The extra turmoil of leadership in teh governing party isn't going to help.
I agree.

BiggestNizzy

Post by BiggestNizzy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:47 pm

BigD wrote: Polls are always, always right aren't they? :scratch Bookies too.......
I agree.
Not always, but if it does go Clintons way and America turns out to be only 48% racist, that's not really a win.

c8rkh

Post by c8rkh » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:51 pm

I'm very proud to be British today - there was an issue and the politicians decided to let the people speak and they have respected the decision. What is there not to be proud of?

A large part of the Indyref vote for the side that lost, you know, the Nationalists, could be argued was a protest vote against the centralist policies of the political elite in London and the complete way Labour had lost touch with its core voters and their roots and beliefs. Some of it was just plain institutional Scottish racism against the english. And some of it was that some people truly believed independence was right for Scotland's future.
If we look at Brexit:
A large part of the Brexit vote was from the North of England, Labour's heartland, a protest vote against the centralist policies of the political elite in London and the complete way Labour had lost touch with its core voters and their roots and believes. Some of it was just planin instituational english racism against anyone not english. And some of it was that some people truly believed Brexit (and you could argue independence) was right for the UK's future.

Not that different really. Oh except those who wanted independence in England and Wales from the EU won their referendum.
2001 VX220 SC - Sylvia - with Larini sports exhaust, chargecooler etc.

2018 Evora Sport 410 in Fire Red.

campbell

Post by campbell » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:58 pm

One might argue that it's a dangerous game to play to make a protest vote in a 2-option no-going-back referendum on a deal where the terms are not yet clear. But I do see your point.

I got through the first couple of stages of my change curve during the morning. I think. So that's shock and frustration out of the way then. On the lookout for denial at the moment. Got the gin ready for the depression stage. And I do find my mind wandering (just occasionally) to the experimenting and integration stages...That must be good, right?!

GregR

Post by GregR » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:16 pm

I met a hugely intelligent, learned man today that voted leave. He (and others) had/have their reasons.

I hope they're right.

G
Ferrari 458
Porsche 993 C2
Disco V

thinfourth

Post by thinfourth » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:36 pm

c8rkh wrote:I'm very proud to be British today - there was an issue and the politicians decided to let the people speak and they have respected the decision. What is there not to be proud of?
This might be the giant kick up the arse that the EU needs

As lets face it the EU in many ways is circling the plughole

And the BBC are screaming that it is the end of days and the stock market has crashed to the lowest value ever seen by any human in the entire history of the universe etc and so on

At the close of trading

Stock markets- UK down 2%, Germany down 6%, France down 7%, Belgium down 5.5%, Spain down 11%.

I hope this makes the EU have an extra hard stare at themselves and they change course as their reaction of we don't care we are carrying on regardless ain't going down to well with me and it ain't going down too well with other europeans
Landrover 90 = Muddy shed spec
Fiat panda = Couldn't care less spec
Landrover ?? = Muddy shrek spec
Unimog 404S = Very slow silly offroader spec
Kubota F1900 = Snowplough spec

woody

Post by woody » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:13 pm

campbell wrote:I agree re Cameron. But he may simply be worn out.
Cameron has no choice. It was his referendum called for purely political reasons to save his right flank in the last GE. He lead the campaign and he lost.

BigD

Post by BigD » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:26 pm

thinfourth wrote:
c8rkh wrote:I'm very proud to be British today - there was an issue and the politicians decided to let the people speak and they have respected the decision. What is there not to be proud of?
This might be the giant kick up the arse that the EU needs

As lets face it the EU in many ways is circling the plughole

And the BBC are screaming that it is the end of days and the stock market has crashed to the lowest value ever seen by any human in the entire history of the universe etc and so on

At the close of trading

Stock markets- UK down 2%, Germany down 6%, France down 7%, Belgium down 5.5%, Spain down 11%.

I hope this makes the EU have an extra hard stare at themselves and they change course as their reaction of we don't care we are carrying on regardless ain't going down to well with me and it ain't going down too well with other europeans
Exactly what I was thinking re the stock markets across Europe too.

campbell

Post by campbell » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:34 pm

Cameron could have been brilliant to take the UK through the exit process. Given his standpoint, he could have been a strong adversary to whatever might the EU boffins try to deploy on little Britain.

Instead we might have Farage and Johnson ballooning their way through in yes-sir, no-sir fashion. The mind boggles...

thinfourth

Post by thinfourth » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:36 pm

campbell wrote:Cameron could have been brilliant to take the UK through the exit process. Given his standpoint, he could have been a strong adversary to whatever might the EU boffins try to deploy on little Britain.

Instead we might have Farage and Johnson ballooning their way through in yes-sir, no-sir fashion. The mind boggles...
I think johnson is far smarter and harder then the cuddly wild haired buffon he plays

And has anyone seen Robin recently?

I think cameron would be useless as he is fine no matter what happens

He is a multimillionaire with his eyes on an EU job

He would give us an utterly awful deal and be delighted to of wrecked the UK as revenge

And i see the SNP are delighted at getting exactly the result they wanted :|

When will Scotland realise the SNP are two faced cnut wrapped in a flag?
Landrover 90 = Muddy shed spec
Fiat panda = Couldn't care less spec
Landrover ?? = Muddy shrek spec
Unimog 404S = Very slow silly offroader spec
Kubota F1900 = Snowplough spec