Attempted Break In Edinburgh

Anything goes in here.....
mrbennybennett

Attempted Break In Edinburgh

Post by mrbennybennett » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:37 am

Just a word of warning for the Edinburgers

I managed to disturb 3 balaclava wearing scumbags trying to jimmy my front window of the house open at 3:30 am this morning

They have had a right good go at my window but its pretty heavily painted shut so they couldn't get it open and they woke me up trying. I rattled my bedroom window and they ran off into a Range Rover Evoque (no doubt nicked) and into the night

The cops came round and just as I thought they were probably after our cars - my work beemer and the GF's new Polo GTi and possibly the exige which is in the garage

My boss had his Q7 stolen while he slept with his wife and 3 kids about 3 weeks ago in Morningside so its probably the same gang - the car was found about 10 days later parked up in Willowbrae with crowbars and pic axe handles in the boot :shock:

Got an alarm guy coming round to price up a system for the house as im worried they will come back

I always thought living on a busy main road (Colinton Road) that they wouldn't think of trying due to traffic etc but the cops say they are so brazen these days and have no fear so its not surprising

So word of warning for the guys in Edinburgh to make sure you lock up at night !!
718 Spyder
BMW 128 ti
VW Polo GTi

Scotty C
Meat

Re: Attempted Break In Edinburgh

Post by Scotty C » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:42 am

Thats not good Benny, glad they didnt get in.
"Here for a good time not a long time"

ed

Post by ed » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:49 am

I think I would also run off if I saw a half naked Benny looking down at me! :wink: :lol:

But seriously, glad they didn't get in. Hope they get their comeuppance!! :chainsaw
Octopus Energy Referral Code (£50 each!) share.octopus.energy/light-lynx-588

Stu160

Post by Stu160 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:09 pm

Not good Benny, it seems to be so common these days. Glad you are all OK.

Stu
S1 S160
Caterham 310R

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:18 pm

A guy local to us was beaten pretty badly when he disturbed 3 balaclava wearing guys who were trying to get into his neighbours. He was coming back from the pub in the early hours - very worse for the drink and bravado made him have a go. He was in intensive care for a couple of days with swelling on the brain and has a broken jaw too. These guys were apparently travellers in a transit type van.
Sometime possessions aren't worth the risk but I guess most of us would put up a fight rather than roll over and let the low life win. :twisted:
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

mrbennybennett

Post by mrbennybennett » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:18 pm

Cheers Gents

Don't think ill sleep that easily until the alarm is fitted

I have just spoken to the house breaking team who are dealing with it - the Evoque was linked to about 6 break in last night across Edinburgh and East Lothian so they are very busy scum bags!!
718 Spyder
BMW 128 ti
VW Polo GTi

ed

Post by ed » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:41 pm

Do you have a floodlight with a motion sensor? Doesn't seem that an alarm would put them off.... :evil:
Octopus Energy Referral Code (£50 each!) share.octopus.energy/light-lynx-588

Ferg

Post by Ferg » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:31 pm

We got done a month ago now. House turned upside down, car nicked etc. They were in and out in 15 minutes and no-one saw or heard anything at 6pm at night. Just shows you that the odd bash etc falls into the background of noise. There's almost 1 a week in our estate. My neighbour got done two weeks later and I gave chase when I saw them leaving the house. After a few strides and facing 5 young guys, I decided to call the police instead.
Still waiting on some of the insurance stuff. It's been no fun at all.

Prevention wise, hide your keys. And CCTV can help the police trace them. Everything else just depends on how brazen they are.

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:09 pm

A GSD does wonders, plus doubt if the scum could even find Tut End as the Sat Nav in their stolen car would not take them to the house, and they would never have learnt to read a map.

Khan and Zara start barking when the postie is half a mile away, and then there is the gun in the cabinet. There was a very comprehensive Burglar Alarm already fitted when we bought the house, Jenkinson was OCD, thought that the IRA were out to get him, but we turned it off in case we set it off and could not stop it.

Makes really bad reading though to see the number of you that have been hit, really feel for anybody that has to go through that. Would take my chance with two of them and the dogs alongside, never mind Verian with a frying pan, but you never know what they will be armed with. However it is not a bad idea to have a plan on what you may be able to do if you were face to face, a couple of golf clubs or baseball bats in the house might give you a chance. Even saying just get on with it and leave us alone probably would not work as the low life are still just as likely to attack you, they are not professionals and that is their idea of fun. The simple solution is a hand gun, but I am not allowed that anymore.

The same with a fire if you live in a house. Think about your options if there was a fire and you were not able to get through the bedroom door. We have a plan and then realised that having got through the window and onto the ground, we would not be able to get back into the house as the keys are on the inside of the doors, so the one hidden outside would have been no use.

tut

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:29 pm

Benny - I am sorry to hear that!

Edinburgh has a big burglary problem at present for sure. We've had 3 or 4 attempted burglaries on our street in the last few weeks. Luckily we have the dog (they won't know she's a poodle) and bars on all the windows - but my neighbours are not so lucky with some damage but no completed robberies thankfully.

I would love to see Khan chasing down some scum bag ... though he would probably lick him to death if he caught him :-) ... but would be good to see the guy sh*t himself :-)
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

pete
Vexatious Litigant

Post by pete » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:59 pm

My mate's unit got turned over a couple of weeks ago (doon south), all his Snap On gear gone which is a large chunk of his livelihood. CCTV but you couldn't make out enough detail and it was a week before he could get the cops to look at his pictures...

Just scum.
'99 - '03 Titanium S1 111S.
'03 - '10 Starlight Black S2 111S
'11 - '17 S2 135R
'17 - '19 S2 Exige S+
'23 - ?? Evora

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:08 pm

My mum and dad got broken in to while we where away skiing. (About 0.5m from Benny)

Pikee theiving scum bags.

They didn't get their new BMW thankfully but did get my mums jewelry box which fortunately shed moved the valuable stuff from.

Definately worth hiding your car keys and alarming even when you are home. Sad times.
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:32 pm

Jeez, so sorry to hear this. Also happened to a family member and she lost things that insurance can't replace. I don't think a golf club is any use if there was a few of them.... :evil:

mckeann

Post by mckeann » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:45 pm

Don't hide your keys. Leave them where they can be easily found so you don't get woken up with a baseball bat. You have insurance, don't end up dead

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:06 am

I plan to appear at the top of the stairs naked. That should make them run if nothing else does :-)
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut