Private plate transfer question

Anything goes in here.....
douglasgdmw

Private plate transfer question

Post by douglasgdmw » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Decided to grab a private plate for the Defender so all the cars in the household have the last 3 letters.

I have received my certificate of entitlement and need to return my V5C along with that. However do you need to also sign the V5 document even though you are not making any changes to the vehicle?

Apologies for the numpty question but dealers have normally done all of this for me previously ;)

George
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

GregR

Re: Private plate transfer question

Post by GregR » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:31 pm

It's all online now - just google 'how to put a private plate on a car' and you'll get a link to the gov website. It'll take about two minutes but when it's done, that's the reg on the car... don't do it before you've got the acrylic plates made up.

HTH

Greg
Ferrari 458
Porsche 993 C2
Disco V

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:35 pm

So much simpler but looks like I have missed the boat as the service is not available after 1800 on a Saturday

So I presume then that I can still use the current registration until my amended V5 comes through to get the plates made up?
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

GregR

Post by GregR » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:48 pm

As soon as you complete the online process you get an email saying you can use the 'new' registration. No need to wait for a new V5. Fancyplates.com or others will make them up for you.
Ferrari 458
Porsche 993 C2
Disco V