New Top Gear

Anything goes in here.....
robin
Jedi Master

Re: New Top Gear

Post by robin » Mon May 30, 2016 8:06 am

kenny wrote:All the top gear complainers on here should be ecstatic.

They have manage to take all the tired, tedious bits of the previous top gear version and combine it with presenters that lack any charisma, knowledge or camaraderie to make a truly awful piece of television.

I hope you are satisfied.
Is this a joke? Regardless of how pants the old one was and how pants the new one is, it cannot be the fault of any "top gear complainers on here".
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

BigD

Post by BigD » Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 am

C7Steve wrote:I thought LeBlanc came across the best, but Evans did not bring much to the party.

Steve.
I agree LeBlanc was actually quite funny. I didn't really mind it. At least something car related to watch.

Scuffers

Post by Scuffers » Mon May 30, 2016 9:53 am

BigD wrote:
C7Steve wrote:I thought LeBlanc came across the best, but Evans did not bring much to the party.

Steve.
I agree LeBlanc was actually quite funny. I didn't really mind it. At least something car related to watch.
struggled but managed to watch all of it.

being blunt, it's crap, and the problem is Chris Evans, way too much trying to be cool and edgy, comes across like a cock.

Watched the Extra (on 3) and was actually surprised how good it was in comparison.

Solution (for me) would be to dump Evans, and put Chris Harris and Rory Reid with Matt on the main show.

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Mon May 30, 2016 11:23 am

The Yank part was OK and of course it had my girl friend in it. Reliant and Land Rovers were a waste of broadcasting time with the Nomad chase around close behind.

Did not expect to see the Stig, the Track, and a similar format from the last series repeated with the same fastest lap chart. Joey's laid back approach works quite well, at least Ramsay does not waste his money, La Ferrari now traded in for the Spider. Don't know who Jess was, but quite amusing.

Evans is never going to be able to replace Clarkson, no matter what you thought of him, he was TG.

tut

BigD

Post by BigD » Mon May 30, 2016 11:51 am

I thought the Nomad bit was good but the Airforce bit was predictable and staged. Each to their own, just shows why it can be all things to all men.......
tut wrote:Don't know who Jess was, but quite amusing.
Jesse Eisenberg played Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network movie. Really good film if you get the chance to watch it........ :thumbsup

Also is the voice of the Parrot in RIO. :oops:

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Mon May 30, 2016 12:32 pm

30 minute delivery with him and Danny McBride is a brilliant film :thumbsup
Ross
---------
1972 Alfaholics Giulia Super
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

Now browsing the tech pages :mrgreen:

:cheers

ryallm

Post by ryallm » Mon May 30, 2016 4:33 pm

Well congrats to Chris and the team. Quite a feat to produce something even more toe curlingly awful than the old Top Gear, but they managed it.

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Mon May 30, 2016 4:36 pm

Clarkson will have been watching with glee.

I'm amazed Evans didn't want to put his own personal touch on it, and try differentiate from the old format.

Will still sell to many foreign countries so still a money spinner for the beeb...
Ross
---------
1972 Alfaholics Giulia Super
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

Now browsing the tech pages :mrgreen:

:cheers

Mr Momo

Post by Mr Momo » Mon May 30, 2016 6:34 pm

Like Mr LeBlanc - suits his style.

Thought the studio sections were cringeworthy (How is your new Ferrari ?)

The rallycross section has some potential. Perhaps the fast laps could be both on the track and on the rallycross circuit - adds some fizz ! Handing the cars back filthy and damaged :cheers

Realise how much I miss the cool wall and the news section.... Hoping the road trips come back on screen.

Mr Evans should keep his voice down...
Emira - Volvo spec
A1 S-Line - Dennis the Menace spec

BigD

Post by BigD » Mon May 30, 2016 7:10 pm

Just watched extra gear and it was better. Not trying to do the same thing as its new. :)

Callummarshall

Post by Callummarshall » Mon May 30, 2016 7:21 pm

Overall I was very disappointed, the rallycross bit has potential and a welcome change to an often stagnating car in a reasonably priced car (although I feel that could be very hit or miss depending on the personality). Everything with Evans felt very scripted and too try hard, at times it was almost akward something old topgear never.

The nomad feature was cracking really enjoyed it.

Watched Extra gear on bbc3/iplayer with Chris Harris and Roy Reid and it was actually very enjoyable, flowed very well with Reid in charge all was quite natural and I actually think it worked rather well.

kerryxeg

Post by kerryxeg » Mon May 30, 2016 8:20 pm

Like others I cringed for most of it. Very surprised they didn't try to differentiate more from the old format. Mat was a good sport. But I guess you have to remember it took some time for clarkson an co to get things right, so things can improve.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Mon May 30, 2016 8:44 pm

I quite enjoyed TG. It entertained me. That's what I hoped for. Not as good as old TG in its heyday, but can see potential. Just watched extra gear, echo the comments above, it was better and more enjoyable.
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

Mr Momo

Post by Mr Momo » Mon May 30, 2016 9:55 pm

Callummarshall wrote:
The nomad feature was cracking really enjoyed it.

Watched Extra gear on bbc3/iplayer with Chris Harris and Roy Reid and it was actually very enjoyable, flowed very well with Reid in charge all was quite natural and I actually think it worked rather well.
Just watched Extra Gear also - was more enjoyable, but the hangar needs some sound deadening or a bigger audience to bring atmosphere.
Emira - Volvo spec
A1 S-Line - Dennis the Menace spec

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon May 30, 2016 10:17 pm

Just watching extra gear. Watching Chris Harris's feet when hes driving the nomad is a thing of beauty.
Elise 111R