Canadian F1

Anything goes in here.....
Dominic

Canadian F1

Post by Dominic » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:27 am

Entertaining race. Some great driving skills on show. Max's defending in the last few laps was impressive. Rosberg was a moany faced twat in the interviews at the end - even having a go at the interviewer about the apology for his bad language. He does himself no favours.
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

Scuffers

Re: Canadian F1

Post by Scuffers » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:36 pm

Dominic wrote:Entertaining race. Some great driving skills on show. Max's defending in the last few laps was impressive. Rosberg was a moany faced twat in the interviews at the end - even having a go at the interviewer about the apology for his bad language. He does himself no favours.
agreed,

Max is really pushing forward, Danny Rick is having to up his game and currently is loosing out, and let's not forget how he made Vettels last year are Red bull look.

Nico is a spoilt brat, he put himself in the position to lose out, no way can you expect to get past round the outside of turn 1, to try was plain dumb.

StiflerMR2

Post by StiflerMR2 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:13 pm

I know I'll be in the minority but its not so clear cut for me.

To me it looks like Ham opened the steering to force him wide, by that point Ros was already alongside:

"The guiding principle is that the driver on the outside should be at least level (front axle in line with front axle) with the driver on the inside to have a claim to the racing line on corner exit
If the driver on the inside is behind at corner exit, they must leave space for the driver on the outside.
If the driver on the inside is ahead at corner exit, it is the duty of the driver on the outside to back out or take evasive action to avoid a collision."

https://streamable.com/2q43

I'd say Rosberg had earned the right to space but knowing Hamilton it was perhaps optimistic.

All just imo. :)

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:21 pm

StiflerMR2 wrote:I know I'll be in the minority but its not so clear cut for me.

To me it looks like Ham opened the steering to force him wide, by that point Ros was already alongside:

"The guiding principle is that the driver on the outside should be at least level (front axle in line with front axle) with the driver on the inside to have a claim to the racing line on corner exit
If the driver on the inside is behind at corner exit, they must leave space for the driver on the outside.
If the driver on the inside is ahead at corner exit, it is the duty of the driver on the outside to back out or take evasive action to avoid a collision."

I'd say Rosberg had earned the right to space but knowing Hamilton it was perhaps optimistic.

Hamilton did say afterwards that he had bad understeer into turn one, so taking off some lock is the natural reaction to regain some front end bite. Of course, it could just be Hamilton covering himself.

Shug

Post by Shug » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:43 pm

Dominic wrote:
StiflerMR2 wrote:I know I'll be in the minority but its not so clear cut for me.

Hamilton did say afterwards that he had bad understeer into turn one, so taking off some lock is the natural reaction to regain some front end bite. Of course, it could just be Hamilton covering himself.
I lolled at that - he slightly raised his voice to make sure the TV camera he'd spotted picked it up :damnfunny

Saw nothing wrong with the move, TBH - IIRC, I *think* Charlie Whiting has said that the one car width rule is relaxed in the start/first corners situation, but in any case, Nico was on a hiding to nothing with that attempt - he did exactly the same to Lewis in the same place last year or the year before, again IIRC.
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

campbell

Post by campbell » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:53 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:05 pm

Yeah, damned if you do, damned if you don't ... Rosberg probably had to put his car there 'cos where else was he going to be; Hamilton had a poor start and one or other of the RB's was up his chuff, so he was boxed in a bit. He should also have expected to be squeezed, but not tapped. In his shoes I might have expected to remain behind Hamilton but in solid 2nd (or 3rd as it transpired 'cos Vettel was off into the distance at that point).

I also think that in Hamilton's shoes I would have no hesitation in forcing Rosberg off the track - points is points ;-)

Totally agree that Rosberg is a moany old twat. Moany McMoan face, in fact. Hamilton is an idiot but good fun to watch drive :-)

What's really impressive is that Ferrari are so close; could be down to tyre temps, etc., but they seemed pretty close on power - maybe running less down force to flatter the turbo upgrade? Or maybe genuinely quite close on power now.

Cheers,
Robin
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:08 pm

robin wrote:
What's really impressive is that Ferrari are so close; could be down to tyre temps, etc., but they seemed pretty close on power - maybe running less down force to flatter the turbo upgrade? Or maybe genuinely quite close on power now.

Cheers,
Robin
Yup, setting things up to get interesting me thinks.

ikarl

Post by ikarl » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:57 pm

Always surprises me that Rosberg doesn't learn from incidents like that.. Guaranteed he'll put himself back in a similar position before the season's out. He could've hung back slightly took 3rd/4th and then raced for position after turn 2. Just shows his immaturity, but also makes him interesting to watch race
VX220 s/c
330xd estate

GregR

Post by GregR » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:05 pm

Steve Jones' interview post-race on C4

/facepalm

I'm sure he's a SKY plant. I nearly signed up.

:roll:
Ferrari 458
Porsche 993 C2
Disco V

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:51 pm

I just listen to it on the t'internet wireless these days ... given up with C4 coverage (not that it's much worse than the BBC's but it's dipped below my tolerance of bollocks somehow - which is astounding given how much bollocks the whole thing is anyway!).

Anyway, I quite like to watch the timing screens on the F1 site, but annoyingly it's half a lap ahead of the chatterboxes which means whilst they are all excited about some overtake that is being lined up, I already know whether or not the overtake happened. Ditto for pit stops, etc. Might just give up listening all together and just watch the timing screens. Now that's entertainment.
#bemoretut

campbell

Post by campbell » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:19 pm

Then you could start a commentary feed for us. THAT I would pay to listen to, lol!
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:03 am

I don't know ... long periods of silence (or me snoring - it's silent in my head) ... followed by "splutter, wtf???" ... snoring resumes. Not sure you want to listen to that :-)
#bemoretut

jason

Post by jason » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:32 am

Dominic wrote:
robin wrote:

Cheers,
Robin
Yup, setting things up to get interesting me thinks.
...this gradual, and welcome, convergence of teams' performance (a natural occurrence during a period of technical rules stability) nicely setup to be buggered up again by the rules changes for next year. Well done FIA and Bernie, well done.

Was a good race (with caveats - oh if Ferrari hadn't out-thunk themselves!). Another reminder that a race can be decent without lots of artificially created DRS and/or tyre degradatiion discrepancy overtakes :thumbsup