I'm done with using Murray Lotus for good! It gets worse!

Anything goes in here.....
Mikem7709

Re: I'm done with using Murray Lotus for good! It gets worse

Post by Mikem7709 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:40 am

I hadn't realised Craig had left TBH, I sold my Exige privately to him in 2013 but haven't spoken to him since or been on here. Where is he now?

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Mikem7709 wrote:I hadn't realised Craig had left TBH, I sold my Exige privately to him in 2013 but haven't spoken to him since or been on here. Where is he now?
http://craigmoncrieff.com/
http://www.scottishelises.com/phpbb/vie ... 20&t=40790

:thumbsup

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:59 pm

SAJ wrote:
Mikem7709 wrote: Brandon and Craig were both honorable and trust worthy individuals that shielded customers from MMC's flawed customer care values - they're gone now and with them it would seem so has everything that was good about MMC.
Brandon's moved on too? Didn't know that!

Have to say purchasing and after-sales from Ian at David Hayton in Carlise have been good experiences.
"Bug" 2015 Elise 220 Cup, Toxic Green (2bular)
2009 Audi S3 (Milltek, MTM, VW Racing), Velvet Purple
Previously: 2004 Elise 111S, Aubergine Purple

Hub

Post by Hub » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:09 pm

Brandon has had a promotion and is accountable for at least, Volvo and Lotus and maybe more. Have to say from my recent experience of selling them my V6 Exige, it was simple, straightforward and quick. Disappointing to hear of the recent problems and it it does not bode well for the future. We are lucky we have Craig.................

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:51 pm

Bobby wrote:
SAJ wrote:
Mikem7709 wrote: Brandon and Craig were both honorable and trust worthy individuals that shielded customers from MMC's flawed customer care values - they're gone now and with them it would seem so has everything that was good about MMC.
Brandon's moved on too? Didn't know that!

Have to say purchasing and after-sales from Ian at David Hayton in Carlise have been good experiences.
Sorry should have been a bit clearer, Brandon moved on from his Lotus sales post and as far as I am aware he now looks after Volvo and doesn't have day to day dealings with the Lotus side anymore.

Ian from DH actually contacted me recently in regards to helping me get the airbag light issue that MMC left me with sorted. Once I've had the clutch job done by Craig I'll be taking a trip down to Carlisle to visit DH.
Facebook: facebook.com/revlimits1
Instagram: @RevLimits

Hub

Post by Hub » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:56 pm

Ian had to consult with Brandon re price for my V6 Exige, so to me Brandon is still involved, at a more senior level, with Lotus.

Victor Meldrew
Location: Unable to use location services. Please turn on your wifi....

Post by Victor Meldrew » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:21 pm

Hub wrote:Ian had to consult with Brandon re price for my V6 Exige, so to me Brandon is still involved, at a more senior level, with Lotus.
I'm going to suggest that Brandon still has a bit more "Lotus market" experience and it would have been an obvious decision to ask Brandon from the knowledge point of view more than anything else.
Well it moves... might as well make the most of it....

campbell

Post by campbell » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:26 pm

David Hayton's is worth a visit for the eclectic showroom collection alone, Saj!
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Victor Meldrew wrote:
Hub wrote:Ian had to consult with Brandon re price for my V6 Exige, so to me Brandon is still involved, at a more senior level, with Lotus.
I'm going to suggest that Brandon still has a bit more "Lotus market" experience and it would have been an obvious decision to ask Brandon from the knowledge point of view more than anything else.
Would make sense to me.
campbell wrote:David Hayton's is worth a visit for the eclectic showroom collection alone, Saj!
:thumbsup

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Finally some good news to report back on. I took delivery of the broken rear cosmetic panel that sits between the boot lid and roof. I have to say thank you again to Neil Tuner at Lotus for sending this out to me as it has saved my £357 which I'd have otherwise been out of pocket for so I'm really greatful for that especially as it wasn't in anyway an issue caused by Lotus - nice to see some goodwill from them :D

Had the Mrs drop it off to CMC to get fitted as the car is in there for its new clutch and a whole list of other goodies ready for the track season this year. Not to mention she got a very warm welcome from Rielly - only she is scared of dogs :damnfunny even when they are tiny and look totally harmless, wish I'd been there to see that one - I know I'm evil :twisted:

Last edited by SAJ on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:20 pm

So finally this whole drama has finally come to an end. Made a trip down to David Hayton (Lotus Carlisle) this morning and met with Iain Norton (General Manager) and Lee Smith (Service Manager). I went down to get the airbag light reset - the one that has been on since this whole unfortunate saga caused by Mega Muppets Co (MMC) started. Light has now been reset and all the issues have now finally been resolved. For those who have been following the thread fully none of the issues caused by MMC were resolved by them, everything was correct by Craig (CMC), Neil (Customer Services & Warranty Manager at Lotus Cars) and Iain (DHL) - so again big thanks to all for the help provided.

I did a little write-up for DHL also here:http://www.scottishelises.com/phpbb/vie ... 20&t=42856

Mikem7709

Post by Mikem7709 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:42 pm

Glad you got it sorted Saj, I've just agreed a sale on my car at 17.5K more than murrays offered me. Madness.

Guess where I won't be spending my pennies.

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:54 pm

Mikem7709 wrote:Glad you got it sorted Saj, I've just agreed a sale on my car at 17.5K more than murrays offered me. Madness.

Guess where I won't be spending my pennies.
Cheers :thumbsup

You were meaning to say Muppets offered.... :lol:

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:17 pm

It has been a massive ordeal but at least you have reached the light at the end of the tunnel, speaking of which you need multiple run in those to enjoy your new exhaust :)

George
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:41 pm

douglasgdmw wrote:It has been a massive ordeal but at least you have reached the light at the end of the tunnel, speaking of which you need multiple run in those to enjoy your new exhaust :)

George
Just glad it is all over now. :thumbsup