Trump

Anything goes in here.....
woody

Re: Trump

Post by woody » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:38 pm

Jesus fcuk weep.

Scuffers; no one will ever be able to persuade everyone all of the time (especially with how you go about trying) - give up. Always look forward to your technical posts though.

Kelvyn: I know they're giving you a hard time on seloc now - no need to bring it over here.

Scuffers

Post by Scuffers » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:11 pm

Yes, this is simply too hard work,

I'll leave it here, one last link http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10 ... wo-states/

Kelvin

Post by Kelvin » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:15 pm

woody wrote:Jesus fcuk weep.

Scuffers; no one will ever be able to persuade everyone all of the time (especially with how you go about trying) - give up. Always look forward to your technical posts though.

Kelvyn: I know they're giving you a hard time on seloc now - no need to bring it over here.
I'm not getting a hard time on SELOC! It's called banter and quite funny and a big part of being on SELOC and I give as good as I get.

Anyway, that's me told. It seems that Scottish Elises doesn't want any kind of debate on anything. And you wonder why it's quiet.

Scuffers

Post by Scuffers » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:18 pm

Kelvin wrote:
Anyway, that's me told. It seems that Scottish Elises doesn't want any kind of debate on anything. And you wonder why it's quiet.
100% with on this....

It's perfectly possible to argue something to death without (1) getting personal or (2) it becoming unpleasant.

Lack of open debating is what is bringing society down these days with people unable to actually reason/argue.

Shug

Post by Shug » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:23 pm

I'll just point out that woody isn't a mod and nobody's told you to clam up.

Proof of points is a reasonable request, but don't accuse the forum of trying to shut up debate...
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

woody

Post by woody » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Kelvin wrote:

I'm not getting a hard time on SELOC! It's called banter and quite funny and a big part of being on SELOC and I give as good as I get.

I'm aware it's banter and the above was meant quite tounge in cheek.

Also don't object to debate but there's not a lot being acheived on the very ciccular & petty debates that have been had. I do object though to Se being treated as a proxy Seloc just because there's generally more permitted here.

And no, I don't wonder why it's quiet here, I'm well aware there are many factors at play including but not limited to; people naturally moving on, forums going out of vouge, whatsapp, facebook, text messages, people who are fed up having only circular and petty debates to read, the newer cars are far too reliable so no break-down chat, all the upgrades, mods, what breaks with regulay monotony has been covered a thousand times, less of an appetite for road runs, people growing having children and moving on, the cars are out of date with sales down and a large chunk have got overseas meaning there are fewer owners...

woody

Post by woody » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Scuffers wrote:
Kelvin wrote:
100% with on this....

It's perfectly possible to argue something to death without (1) getting personal or (2) it becoming unpleasant.

Lack of open debating is what is bringing society down these days with people unable to actually reason/argue.
Assume the latter point is an attempt at irony?

Kelvin

Post by Kelvin » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:35 pm

Scuffers wrote:Yes, this is simply too hard work,

I'll leave it here, one last link http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10 ... wo-states/

The Gateway Pundit is not a credible source especially given you questioned The Guardian as a credible source and it's certainly not an unbiased source. It's a right wing extremist blog prone to conspiracy theories and frankly made up stuff or reporting unchecked stuff he receives from questionable sources. And it's the 8th most read political blog in American apparently. Scary stuff.

Had I posted a link to such a source to support whatever argument I was putting forward you'd tear it apart Simon and rightly so. As you often say 1/10 try again.
Last edited by Kelvin on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scuffers

Post by Scuffers » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:39 pm

I though you might say that, I picked that one to see if you would bite...

if you actually follow the link, it's to a report from the Pew Center, written back in 2012 (ie, before all this current boo-ha-ha).

if you actually read the report http://www.pewtrusts.org/~/media/legacy ... ionpdf.pdf, it's pretty well resurched and written.

Kelvin

Post by Kelvin » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:49 pm

woody wrote:
Kelvin wrote:

I'm aware it's banter and the above was meant quite tounge in cheek.

Also don't object to debate but there's not a lot being acheived on the very ciccular & petty debates that have been had. I do object though to Se being treated as a proxy Seloc just because there's generally more permitted here.

And no, I don't wonder why it's quiet here, I'm well aware there are many factors at play including but not limited to; people naturally moving on, forums going out of vouge, whatsapp, facebook, text messages, people who are fed up having only circular and petty debates to read, the newer cars are far too reliable so no break-down chat, all the upgrades, mods, what breaks with regulay monotony has been covered a thousand times, less of an appetite for road runs, people growing having children and moving on, the cars are out of date with sales down and a large chunk have got overseas meaning there are fewer owners...
So I'm also indulging in a petty debate and using SE as a proxy for SELOC? I thought I was being quite thought provoking. :D Any thread that involves politics, and especially Trump, will be controversial.

That's me told three times and I've not had my lunch yet. And I'm struggling to see how you can argue there's more permitted on SE than SELOC. SELOC is like the wild west compared to here.

I'm sure all those factors are at play too...

Anyway, massive thread drift.

Kelvin

Post by Kelvin » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:00 pm

Scuffers wrote:I though you might say that, I picked that one to see if you would bite...

if you actually follow the link, it's to a report from the Pew Center, written back in 2012 (ie, before all this current boo-ha-ha).

if you actually read the report http://www.pewtrusts.org/~/media/legacy ... ionpdf.pdf, it's pretty well resurched and written.

I've read that report (well at least a summary of it) It's not evidence of voter fraud (as claimed by Jim Hoft) and the report makes no such claim. It's evidence that the voting system admin is crap. 1.8 million dead people didn't vote for Clinton. Anyway, if there was mass large scale voter fraud why would they all vote one way? The likelihood is it would be widespread across the two main political groups.

Trump is questioning the legitimacy of the election he won.

pete
Vexatious Litigant

Post by pete » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:24 pm

woody wrote:And no, I don't wonder why it's quiet here, I'm well aware there are many factors at play including but not limited to; people naturally moving on, forums going out of vouge, whatsapp, facebook, text messages, people who are fed up having only circular and petty debates to read, the newer cars are far too reliable so no break-down chat, all the upgrades, mods, what breaks with regulay monotony has been covered a thousand times, less of an appetite for road runs, people growing having children and moving on, the cars are out of date with sales down and a large chunk have got overseas meaning there are fewer owners...
And i've got a broken wrist. Just saying, I'll pay for typing this in an hour or so.
'99 - '03 Titanium S1 111S.
'03 - '10 Starlight Black S2 111S
'11 - '17 S2 135R
'17 - '19 S2 Exige S+
'23 - ?? Evora

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:21 am

Scuffers wrote:I though you might say that, I picked that one to see if you would bite...
Disappointed. A few posts back, in a shock move, you and Kelvin were agreeing :-)

Now you are happily admitting to baiting him.

At what point does banter become just plain wicked?

My kids can get sh!t like this in their school playground. In fact they do and it's pretty upsetting to sort out.

Do keep the debating skills alive - both of you. But play fair, eh?

[and that's not a Mod comment, it's just a personal plea for clemency or I'm not reading any more of this thread and I'm going home in the huff ;-) ]
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Kelvin

Post by Kelvin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:14 am

Fluffy kittens.

campbell

Post by campbell » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:41 am

And just what the hell do they have to do with Trump.

You calling me a fluffy kitten. That's abuse that is.

;-)
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy