Nico Rosberg retires

Anything goes in here.....
campbell

Re: Nico Rosberg retires

Post by campbell » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:34 am

BTCC has been an entertaining alternative to F1 for us in the last couple of years. Plenty racing. I don't mind how they achieve it.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

BiggestNizzy

Post by BiggestNizzy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:11 pm

Not watched BTCC for years, it seemed to go from tight racing with a bit of rubbing to just plain ramming each other off the road.

I also haven't watched F1 since it went to sky. It's hard trying to schedule a whole weekend in front of the TV when its "family time"
Sent from my ZX SPECTRUM +2A

campbell

Nico Rosberg retires

Post by campbell » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:41 pm

Generally watch F1 using C4 catch-up or highlights progs via All4, Graeme. Works well.

And it's "free" :-)

Similar with BTCC via ITV4. Full day of all support races or easy 1 hr highlights the week after. ITV Hub app.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Shug

Post by Shug » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:24 am

Of course it makes absolutely no odds if you have zero interest in bikes, but for actual racing, you just can't beat them.

Last season's MotoGP was the most competitive ever with seven different winners and the first race of this Superbike season last weekend saw insanely close races. Over the two Superbike races and the Supersport race (for smaller bikes) the combined winning margin was 0.159 seconds. The Supersport was a photo finish.

That, plus you can see them really riding the bikes - they move and drift, different riders show wildly different techniques and it brings back echos of the old days of car racing where one of the spectacles was watching the drivers wrestle the car. There are personalities and feuds and a lot less robo-sponsor PR chat than car racing too.

Guess there are just too few wheels for some folk. :lol:
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

kerryxeg

Post by kerryxeg » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:31 am

I'm not a two wheel enthusiast but I enjoy the sport. The Moto GP should be great entertainment this year. I'll be at Jerez in a couple of months can't wait.

Redbull TV WRC coverage is also worth a look online. They have great access to all the redbull sponsored drivers, good overall coverage and a live stage.